singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Favre has fractured ankle.

marstc09 wrote:
    singersp wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Purple Floyd wrote:
    singersp wrote:
    Infidel wrote:
    No, that first report twisted it to sound like he was refusing to get on the plane unless he was starting.

That was simply untrue.

That's totally different from "AS HE BOARDED he said he wouldn't be getting on the plane if he wasn't starting."

Anyhow, I can't believe he's truly healed.

They're gonna shoot him full of painkiller and send him out on a frozen ankle.

How can that possibly work?

I have a bad feeling about this game.

I wonder how many of the players have a bad feeling?

I wonder how that impacts the performance of the team?

Whatever the details of how it all shakes out.....I think we're screwed.
    I know what you are trying to say, but the bottom line was if TJ had already been given the nod, Favre wouldn't go with the team. "As he was boarding" means he already knows he will be or he wouldn't have been there to ask.

I have a bad feeling as well about this game as well, so you at least agree with me on that. As I said earlier, this very well could be Favre's Waterloo.

Gotta agree with Cris Carter on this one also. "Favre is putting himself first", before what's good for the team, so we are going to see a damaged product out on the field somewhere between 50%-80%.

We know that a 100% healthy Favre is capable of playing craptacular, so one has to wonder what a a 50%-80% healthy Favre will do.
    And that is the problem with this coach. If he can't gain control over Brett then what is he going to do when push comes to shove with Jared Allen, Hutch,Moss etc? We already know what happened with Birk and I think things are going to come to a head if we don't win this game.
    Exactly! The haters are slobbing on Favre more than the lovers sometimes. They sound like the media. The real problem here is Chilly. Of course Favre is going say he wants to play. He wants to turn this ship around. He is a competitor. It is Chillys job as a COACH to control the situation.
    You're assuming Childress has balls.

This is a coach who fired a player on Xmas eve & had did it over the phone. Couldn't even grow the balls to do face to face.
    Then he should be fired after todays game. I would love to see Leslie be the coach for the rest of the year.
    I'd wait until Xmas Eve day, hire Marcus Robinson to be GM for a day & then have him phone Childress on Xmas Eve night & fire his ass.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

I don't think Favre is knowingly "putting himself ahead of the team."

I just think Favre CAN'T bench himself. He can't stand the idea of NOT PLAYING.

And he can't believe he won't throw the pass that wins the game.

That's just the way he is.....I don't think it's complicated and I don't think he's a bad guy.

He just loves being who he is and can't see that he's too badly beat up to be that person .... at least this week.
    It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

singersp wrote:
    Purple Floyd wrote:
    singersp wrote:
    Infidel wrote:
    No, that first report twisted it to sound like he was refusing to get on the plane unless he was starting.

That was simply untrue.

That's totally different from "AS HE BOARDED he said he wouldn't be getting on the plane if he wasn't starting."

I know what you are trying to say, but the bottom line was if TJ had already been given the nod, Favre wouldn't go with the team. "As he was boarding" means he already knows he will be or he wouldn't have been there to ask.

I have a bad feeling as well about this game as well, so you at least agree with me on that. As I said earlier, this very well could be Favre's Waterloo.

Gotta agree with Cris Carter on this one also. "Favre is putting himself first", before what's good for the team, so we are going to see a damaged product out on the field somewhere between 50%-80%.

We know that a 100% healthy Favre is capable of playing craptacular, so one has to wonder what a a 50%-80% healthy Favre will do.
    And that is the problem with this coach. If he can't gain control over Brett then what is he going to do when push comes to shove with Jared Allen, Hutch,Moss etc? We already know what happened with Birk and I think things are going to come to a head if we don't win this game.
    If the coach doesn't have control over his players, then you need a new coach.

However, as much as I'd like to see Childress gone, a coach can't excercise his power if the owner of the team, Zygi Wilf (who paid 20+ million to have Favre play)
    mandates that if Favre wants to play, he will play regardless of what the coaches think.
    While I think Favre should have been pulled during the Jets and Packers games and there are issues with the triad of control running the Vikings I also have some difference with your statements

Yeah a different coach or a proper GM and an owner that has less infulence possibly on who's on the field. Just look at the Cowboys, Redskins (in past years) and the Raiders, all have had several different coaches but most of the coaches haven't had complete control (Redskins seem to be changing their ways now.)

paid 20+ million to have Favre play
    Really?? This isn't the first time you and some others have overstated Favre's contract to play this year as part of a statement, unless you have a link to give me a different salary line for this season than what I've seen and this LINK provides than that 20+ is a garbage number. I also would believe that all the incentives aren't coming to him based on his current play and sitting him would probably save some coin (if there is an incentive on number of starts) and improve his health and the teams record in the months to come (if he gets his shit together).

I do however agree with you and Cris Carter that Favre's starting has more to do with his selfishness and ego. Favre is playing beyond his abilities ( and not doing well to say the least), being careless with the ball (not taking sacks by blindly throwing the ball up for grabs) and not playing with in the scheme of the team. I don't think he is healthy enough to help this team from both a mental aspect (texting distractions and power struggles with coach) and psyhical problems. At least Jackson is healthy and will try to stick with the game plan and should be starting IMHO based on that.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Infidel wrote:
    I don't think Favre is knowingly "putting himself ahead of the team."

I just think Favre CAN'T bench himself. He can't stand the idea of NOT PLAYING.

And he can't believe he won't throw the pass that wins the game.

That's just the way he is.....I don't think it's complicated and I don't think he's a bad guy.

He just loves being who he is and can't see that he's too badly beat up to be that person .... at least this week.

So true, he still thinks he is the little kid on the playground, even though there are 70,000 fans in the stadium. The game isn't any bigger than a playground.

I wouldn't want to stop playing either, play til it is dark or all the kids have to go home. I'd be the last one standing.

I wouldn't stop until mom (Chilly) or dad pulled my ass off the playground. "Snow, time to eat."

Favre needs a strong parent if he is going to come off the field. LOL!

Freakout is offline Coordinator
    Blog Entries

and a broken face.

keystonevike is offline Starter

keystonevike wrote:
    Let TJ start. No way Favre plays.
    Wrong again!
    He not only played, but played well. Until that guy broke his jaw.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

singersp wrote:
    Purple Floyd wrote:
    singersp wrote:
    Infidel wrote:

That was simply untrue.

However, as much as I'd like to see Childress gone, a coach can't excercise his power if the owner of the team, Zygi Wilf (who paid 20+ million to have Favre play)
    mandates that if Favre wants to play, he will play regardless of what the coaches think.
    Are you saying that you know for certain that is the case or are you pulling it out of [strike]your a$$[/strike]thin air?

Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

Obviously they want Favre in there.

Look at Today's drama.

DRAMA, DRAMA, DRAMA.

MONEY, MONEY, MONEY.

Money talks.

Favre is the draw and he gets anything he wants.

Unhealthy situation, but that's reality.
    It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Purple Floyd wrote:
    singersp wrote:
    Purple Floyd wrote:
    singersp wrote:
    Infidel wrote:

That was simply untrue.

Are you saying that you know for certain that is the case or are you pulling it out of [strike]your a$$[/strike]thin air?
    What? The last part?

LOL! You need to chill down. The last two statements are "IF" statements. Read them again.

Simply put, an owner of the team has power over his head coaches.

In other words, If an owner wants player "X" to play & player "X" wants to play as well, player "X" is going to be playing regardless of what the HC thinks.

Owner trumps HC

Can you give me an example where that wouldn't be true?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Freya is offline Team Alumni

Well now Favre has a possible fractured face. However, that should have no effect on his ability to play, although someone else will have to talk in the huddle.

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast