Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Favre has fractured ankle.

Infidel wrote:
    Caine said:

So, again, this isn't about a team carry a QB who is giving the ball away, this is more about a QB who is making desperation plays and forcing things he shouldn't be because this team hasn't shown up yet.
    EXACTLY!
    Exactly? Thats it!!!! Let me get this straight, you are advocating a QB to force the issue, even to the point of making desparation plays........WOW.

With your indepth knowledge of the game, I would have assumed you would have countered with something along the lines of a "Leader" advocating playing within the scheme and limiting the turnovers (usually associated with desparation/forcing plays) so that the wounded team he is carrying isn't trying to overcome the mistakes, again, associated with those types of plays.

I got it now. LOL
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Caine wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    purpledoom wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

I highly doubt that will happen. And I'm not even sure it should. Do I think he should play ? No not really, but I honestly believe his teammates believe in him and for him to bench himself is painfully like saying "ok I've had enough". Chilly and the docs need to tell him take a seat.
    Good points that are hard to dispute, however.......

He is supposed to be a proffesional, heck some even say a HOF'r waiting to happen.

That kindof cat should be big enough to say, "Coach, I can't go". Truth of the matter is, I really expected him to say it last Sunday and think he would have if it wasn't for the small fact that he was at Lambblow.

Again, if he is the leader most on here think he is, it is what he should do.

1: Show me someone who DOESN'T think Favre is a first ballot HOF guy?

2: So, being "Professional" means you do what a handful of armchair Quarterbacks advocate? You quit? You tell the team that BEGGED you to come back,

"Uh...sorry fellers...Marrdro and Brick, they don't want me to play no more...so I'm gonna hold me the clipboard while Travis....err.... Tabernacle.....errrr ....Tickle-me-Elmo.....ummm ......hey. What in the hell is that kids name, anyway? Well, I'm gonna let HIM get his ass kicked.....umnmmmm ...... I mean "Lead this team to victory" while I heal up some."

What he should do is MAN UP. Quit making excuses about not being 100% and go out there and MOTIVATE THIS FEWKIN TEAM!!!

THAT'S what he should do!!

Caine
    Man up on a busted up ankle with a arm that can't throw half the throws......

Wow, thats almost as good as the "Desparation" stuff you realed him in with.

I can just hear it now.......

Noodle: Alright Doc. I'm ready to "man up". Give me the shot in the elbow and the ankle so I can't feel anything.

Doc: You know you will loose some control of those areas and could even make them worse.

Noodle: I don't care. I have to motivate my team. Shoot er up doc.

LOL. Man up. Your just trying to mess with me. :laugh:
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

Carry the quarterback?

Ha!

They've dragged him behind their truck while picking up big paychecks.

:laugh:
    It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

Infidel wrote:
    Mardro said:

How about this, the QB utterlly failed the OL by not being mobile...
    LOL! That's the way to twist things around backwards.

You crack me up, my friend.

From the first play of the first game this year Favre got hammered into the turf due to what was acknowledged repeatedly by all the experts (except you) as extremely poor to ZERO pass protection.

The hits were brutal, so if he's not mobile now, there's a good reason.

Careful.....you're going to go down a couple of lines on the old spread sheet if you keep this up.
    First, show me one place were I have said that the Ol wasn't at fault for our losses.

Second, that hit was an ankle fricken tackle that came after he had 5 seconds to throw the ball. The announcers even said that.

In the end, it wasn't a "Brutal" tackle that you keep saying it was and the OL played the best it had all year with very few mistakes and he still threw the ball to the wrong defenders and missed open recievers all the while acting very indecisive when hit came to where he should go with the ball, even though he had all day long to figure it out.

Infidel wrote:
    Carry the quarterback?

Ha!

They've dragged him behind their truck while picking up big paychecks.

:laugh:
    LOL, I'm thinking I will see the "Fairy Tale" stuff with your next post. :P

jrjohn is offline Pro-Bowler

jargomcfargo wrote:
    jrjohn wrote:
    I believe Brett will start the game, I make the prediction based on history. Unfortunatly it's a mistake. Playing favre when he is healthy is enough of a gamble, playing him injured is crazy. I also believe NE will win this game with or w/o Favre, so it's a good time to rest him. He should have had 5 interceptions in the Pukers game, unfortunatly they will unable to catch two of the gifts Brett tried to give them.
    I believe NE wins this game with or without Favre as well.
    There is more to this bad year than just Favre.

Yes , he could have had 5 interceptions, but he also could have won the game if Percy could have got a toe down.

Hell, in fact, the Vikings did win the game.
    Take away the touchdown drop that didn't get challenged or the catch that was overtuned by Schiancoe; the Vikings won.

If we had won in the last seconds with a throw to percy, all of Favre's sins would have been absolved and he would be a hero.

It's a thin line between hero and zero.

Though I personally want to see TJ this Sunday, I will not be surprised to see Favre.
    Our family knows a lot of packer fans. Generally speaking, they all want Favre to keep playing, especially hurt. Most are afraid of what a different quarterback might bring to the team. ie scrambling around, avoiding the sack, and most important igniting a very good bunch of players that just need something to rally behind.
    None

Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

Mardro said:

In the end, it wasn't a "Brutal" tackle that you keep saying it was and the OL played the best it had all year...
    Their best is not too hot. The refs didn't call holding and the Packer line was decimated by injuries.

And how is it not brutal when the front of the foot is pressed flat against the ground and pinned so there's no room for flex and then twisted as it's hit with the full weight of the tackler?

It was an intentional targeting of an injury....and done with great precision.

I'm beginning to think Mardro has not played the game....or at least not thrown many passes.

If you're right-handed, you put tremendous stress on your left foot in following through. Lacking that, you will simply be unable to throw properly.

There's clearly a lot about this game that you don't understand, my friend.
    It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

The articles state that Fvare has two fractures.

Did they both happen during the Packers game or did the 2nd one occur when Childress thru him under the bus?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

singersp wrote:
    The articles state that Fvare has two fractures.

Did they both happen during the Packers game or did the 2nd one occur when Childress thru him under the bus?
    LMAO

In all seriousness though: one is a stress fracture and probably occurred the game. The avulsion fracture probably happened on the hit on Sunday. At least that's how I interpret it - I'm sure jargo has a more reliable opinion, if he hasn't already expressed it.

And if this hasn't been posted:
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/10/26/doctor-misleading-to-say-favre-has-two-fractures/

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Marrdro wrote:
    ejmat wrote:
    vike_mike wrote:
    Absolutely not. Why in the world would we want to do that? If Sage was better than TJack, we would have traded him instead. So we should get Reynaud back as well right. He's shown great presence at New York.
    Truth there is the reason why Sage was traded over TJ was because he was more marketable. No one was asking for TJ especially with the preseason he had.

I was upset about trading Reynaud but he has looked horrible as a return man so I won't complain about that anymore.
    How do we know that Sage was more marketable?

Based on one good pre-season game against 3rd string scrubs running gimmen plays that everyone knew would work?

Said this before, in preseason you work on packages. In most instances your starters work on new stuff that isn't always gonna work the first couple of times you run it. That is what TJ was doing and the rest of the team was doing.

The stuff Sage was running was crap they knew was gonna work which was by design to make him look marketable.
    Talk about double standards. Let's see TJ has a decent preseason where he barely beat out Sage because of 1 INT he throws yet people claim he was better than Sage because of that. Yet this year when Sage CLEARLY beat out TJ during the preseason it proves nothing.

Not saying I don't agree with the fact 4 quarters of preseason football means squat but I did want to point out the double standard.

But to answer the question of how marketable Sage was compared to TJ let me ask. How many offers did TJ get as a FA? Who did the Giants ask for in a trade? Sage or TJ? The answer is pretty simple there Sir. :P

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast