Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    jrjohn is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Favre to be fined, not suspended

EJ, Sorry, didn't mean to imply you were condoning that behavior, I was just taking issue with her being stupid for not telling somebody two years ago. I think I would have kept the pics too. You never know what you might be accused of and by who in the future. Evidence is your friend.

I think if she was a gold digger, she would have done something years ago. Time is never on your side when it comes to evidence. I'd have a lawyer if I was her, this is her reputation at stake. Her looks/body and reputation are as important to her as Bretts Arm was for the last 20 years to him. Both must be managed properly for future earnings. I would not doubt that Bretts actions have caused Jenn a huge loss of future earnings. I'd want to be compensated the same as if somebody hurt me in a car accident causing me and my family a loss of income. She's a young lady in the prime of her life, her future may very well be destroyed.
    None

Freakout is offline Coordinator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "jrjohn" #1086351
    Quote Originally Posted by "ejmat" #1086348
    Here is the situation. Both parties are at fault. Sterger is at fault for waiting this long to begin with if in fact, she was feeling harrassed. Then the fact she kept it for over 2 years to show someone "privately" is again stupid. ?
    I don't see any reason why Jenn would have wanted to come foreword two years ago or at any time for that matter. The second she tells her story about Brett, she's called a whore, bitch, slut, bimbo, gold digger ect... and maybe loses her job. Who wants that?
    Yeah I'm positive a girl made famous by showing as much cleavage as you legally can at FSU sporting events, the same girl that posed for Maxim Magazine, would feel bad about that sort of attention.

Lets be real here, the only reason she has a job involving sports is due to the size of her rack.

So spare us the poor victim card.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "jrjohn" #1086361
    EJ, Sorry, didn't mean to imply you were condoning that behavior, I was just taking issue with her being stupid for not telling somebody two years ago. I think I would have kept the pics too. You never know what you might be accused of and by who in the future. Evidence is your friend.

I think if she was a gold digger, she would have done something years ago. Time is never on your side when it comes to evidence. I'd have a lawyer if I was her, this is her reputation at stake. Her looks/body and reputation are as important to her as Bretts Arm was for the last 20 years to him. Both must be managed properly for future earnings. I would not doubt that Bretts actions have caused Jenn a huge loss of future earnings. I'd want to be compensated the same as if somebody hurt me in a car accident causing me and my family a loss of income. She's a young lady in the prime of her life, her future may very well be destroyed.
    No reason to be sorry. We are having a good discussion about our opinions. I guess the area of our differences is the reasoning of keeping the pics. I don't believe she would have had any reason to need evidence to use for anything she could be accused of. Think about it. Favre's married with a family and has a good ole boy rep to protect. Do you believe he would have ever came around and said, "That Jenn Sterger. She's such a slut. I tried to get with her. I left her voice messages and sent dick pix but she never responded."

The only logical explanation for keeping the pix imo is to use them later on. If she wasn't interested and wasn't in it for the money she would have rid herself of the pix a long time ago. If it did get to a point where it bothered her she could have easily went to the NYJ after she left their organization without any fear of reprisal. But it took a third party in which she admitted to showing for private reasons to leak the story. At that point there was no other way around coming clean. The fact she hesitated even after a two year wait to speak to the NFL when Favre didn't pay her off speaks volumes to me. Tells me she wanted to know what to say and what not to say when dealing with the NFL. Her plan didn't work and now she, her lawyer and publicist are looking pretty stupid.

I believe if Goodell thought there was any real evidence he would have done what needed to be done to satisfy the Sterger camp. The last agenda on Goodell's mind is to make the NFL look bad. That much I am sure of. I may not like him but he doesn't want to give the NFL a bad name.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1086302
    Responding to Brett Favre's punishment

http://espn.go.com/espnw/blog/_/post/5967017/responding-brett-favre-punishment

Couple of view points from the link:

Melissa Jacobs: Blown out of proportion

Shame on you, websites that make your predatory living by floating out "scandals" such as this (and last week's Rex Ryan foot fetish) that don't get ignored after a day or filtered out simply because a big name is attached. An athlete hits on a woman the Jets opt to trot around in essentially a bra and he notices. Big frickin' deal. If the so-called sleazy perv was named Joe Webb no one would care. Just another victimless "crime" blown out of proportion. Well, victimless, except for Deanna Favre.
    Sarah Spain: It's about time

The bottom line is this: If Brett Favre truly harassed Jenn Sterger and his advances were unwanted and unreciprocated, then a measly $50,000 fine doesn't cut it. Only Favre and Sterger know what really happened, but I'd bet the situation wasn't nearly as one-sided as she purports it to be. I just don't see how Favre could ask her out, get denied and decide the next logical step would be to text her the contents of his Wranglers. There's a disconnect there and I'd imagine some gaps in the findings resulted in the ruling of insufficient evidence. Whatever the league decided -- fine, suspension, no discipline whatsoever -- it should have acted on it a long time ago. Waiting until the Vikings' last game of the year, when Favre's retirement presser has been all but scheduled, reveals an unfair and inappropriate bias to ol' No. 4 and sets a dangerous precedent for future cases.
    I agree with these two the most. She should have came forward sooner and at the very least came in to the NFL office sooner than she did. Her team was the ones dragging feet to meet with the NFL. I think the fine was too much. If I was privileged enough to have more information, I would be open to changing my mind. But from the outside looking in, this was a story that took off because of Favre's name.

There was no winner here, the NFL looks like they were hiding something. The ruling came out on the last day of the statute of limitations for Sterger to file in court (heard that somewhere). Favre looks like a cheater. Sterger looks like a victim or a home wrecker. NFL looks like they are protecting the HOF player. Sterger prolonged meeting with the NFL for so long, where was her motivation.

Quick and fast would have been better just to get rid of it. But it didn't happen that way. Now everyone will have their reason as to why this wasn't a just decision. Nobody will find 100 percent satisfaction in this other than Dead Spin.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Guilty until proven innocent!

Public opinion is usually based on limited facts. We can't entirely make a solid opinion without all the facts.

Tad7 is offline Team Alumni

I don't care what happens because as has been said many times, they're both idiots.

But it's pretty obvious Favre did send those pics. He admitted to the voicemails in which it sounds pretty obvious what he wanted to anybody with common sense. And he never publicly denied the pics to this day, which makes no sense from someone who did nothing.

In the end, Favre wins though. He got fined 75 cents, is still available to play, didn't lose any fans, and is still with Deanna.
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "Tad7" #1086380
    I don't care what happens because as has been said many times, they're both idiots.

But it's pretty obvious Favre did send those pics. He admitted to the voicemails in which it sounds pretty obvious what he wanted to anybody with common sense. And he never publicly denied the pics to this day, which makes no sense from someone who did nothing.

In the end, Favre wins though. He got fined 75 cents, is still available to play, didn't lose any fans, and is still with Deanna.
    Do you know something the rest of us don't? How is it obvious Favre sent those pics? The NFL has the pics and can't make a obvious determination. So what inside information do you have?

By the way he did publicly deny the pics. The same statement in which he admitted to the voice mails. He stated that he did leave her voice messages but he didn't send her any pictures.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

If this happened 2 years ago and she didn't have a problem with it then, and if it only got brought to attention by a second party and not her, then IMHO it is not a story and certainly not a punishable offense.

Had she offered it up immediately by herself then I would see it differently.

In a few days it will all be over anyways.

Tad7 is offline Team Alumni

doh-k
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123