Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 29
  1. #11
    pack93z's Avatar
    pack93z is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,465

    Re: Favre to be fined, not suspended

    The NFL used legal statues to play this game.

    They addressed it, claimed what was likely that because two years have passed little could be proved, but they waited long enough to take the lawsuit out of play yet still dealing with the issue in some matter.

    Sterger and Favre both have guilt in this deal.. waiting for 18 months or so to address it hampered any proof on this deal.

    I have little use for the harassment of any sort.. but the facts of the case have eroded with time.. as in all cases.

    If anything should be learned from this is the victims should report issues as they arise.. not burying them for years.

  2. #12
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,262

    Re: Favre to be fined, not suspended

    Quote Originally Posted by "pack93z" #1086311
    The NFL used legal statues to play this game.

    They addressed it, claimed what was likely that because two years have passed little could be proved, but they waited long enough to take the lawsuit out of play yet still dealing with the issue in some matter.

    Sterger and Favre both have guilt in this deal.. waiting for 18 months or so to address it hampered any proof on this deal.

    I have little use for the harassment of any sort.. but the facts of the case have eroded with time.. as in all cases.

    If anything should be learned from this is the victims should report issues as they arise.. not burying them for years.
    I can agree to a point your last statement, but you overlook the obvious.

    Any woman, no matter how victimized or harassed she was, that brings out charges against Favre or any other big name celebrity, will immediately be labeled a whore, tramp, golddigger, bitch, cunt, slut & any other name you can think of just as Jen was called during this ordeal.

    People labeled her as they do other female victims these things & then scratch their heads wondering why they don't press charges or bring it to light? LOL! I can see why.

    Two years ago, when Favre sent her the texts, had she brought it up then, the labels still would have been applied then & undoubtedly she would have lost her job over it.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  3. #13
    pack93z's Avatar
    pack93z is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,465

    Re: Favre to be fined, not suspended

    Singer.. I wholeheartedly agree... she has been placed under undue scrutiny in here bringing forth allegations.

    But simply, waiting 18 months and the way it came to light.. "Deadspin" vs legal action, damaged the perception her claim will be looked upon. Then adding to the fact that her camp drug their feet while the NFL wanted to meet with her, only intensified that type of talk.

    I wholeheartedly agree that there probably was a great deal of intimidation to bring forth the allegation.. but waiting like she did and the way it was brought to light, didn't help her cause.

    Personally.. I think Brett did as accused and probably dodged a huge bullet so far. At least until he gets home and has to deal with the rest of his life.. damaged far worse than the NFL could do to him.

    IMO.. if Sterger's camp want to invoke change in this matter.. they should have brought a legal suit against the Jets/NFL/Favre.. and then settled for some type of program being brought forward.. with clear conduct standards and punishments within the conduct policy in the NFL. Additionally.. bringing forth attention to deal with these types of manners in a proper time frame so that facts and records are easier to bring forward.

    But I agree.. she was damned no matter how this would have played out to some point.. society has become callous because of false or unproven allegations being settled with a payout. Unfairly I am add.

  4. #14
    Freya's Avatar
    Freya is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Atlantis
    Posts
    2,456

    Re: Favre to be fined, not suspended

    Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1086315
    Quote Originally Posted by "pack93z" #1086311
    The NFL used legal statues to play this game.

    They addressed it, claimed what was likely that because two years have passed little could be proved, but they waited long enough to take the lawsuit out of play yet still dealing with the issue in some matter.

    Sterger and Favre both have guilt in this deal.. waiting for 18 months or so to address it hampered any proof on this deal.

    I have little use for the harassment of any sort.. but the facts of the case have eroded with time.. as in all cases.

    If anything should be learned from this is the victims should report issues as they arise.. not burying them for years.
    I can agree to a point your last statement, but you overlook the obvious.

    Any woman, no matter how victimized or harassed she was, that brings out charges against Favre or any other big name celebrity, will immediately be labeled a whore, tramp, golddigger, bitch, cunt, slut & any other name you can think of just as Jen was called during this ordeal.

    People labeled her as they do other female victims these things & then scratch their heads wondering why they don't press charges or bring it to light? LOL! I can see why.

    Two years ago, when Favre sent her the texts, had she brought it up then, the labels still would have been applied then & undoubtedly she would have lost her job over it.
    You do not give her enough credit for her role in the entire situation. As far as I can tell, she is either as ignorant as a 3 year old child or she was a knowing and willing participant. NO woman that I know will give out her phone number with reckless abandon, much less continue to receive calls and texts from someone she has no interest in. Please.

    She was taken far too seriously as a victim from the beginning. The bottom line of the whole deal is HOW DID FAVRE GET HER NUMBER? Beyond that it is WHY DID SHE KEEP ALLOWING HIM CONTACT HER?
    Is she so idiotic that she doesn't know about number blocking?!

    The fact of the matter is that nothing she did in during this whole ordeal would point to her desire to be free of contact from Favre, nor support the idea that she was victimized by him.
    So......
    Perhaps while labeling her a whore, slut, golddigger or bitch is not entirely appropriate...........labeling her lame, ignorant, immature and pathetic, would be more on target.

    With equal accuracy, those same labels could be used on Favre with regards to this matter.


    Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

  5. #15
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Favre to be fined, not suspended

    Quote Originally Posted by "Freya" #1086325
    Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1086315
    Quote Originally Posted by "pack93z" #1086311
    The NFL used legal statues to play this game.

    They addressed it, claimed what was likely that because two years have passed little could be proved, but they waited long enough to take the lawsuit out of play yet still dealing with the issue in some matter.

    Sterger and Favre both have guilt in this deal.. waiting for 18 months or so to address it hampered any proof on this deal.

    I have little use for the harassment of any sort.. but the facts of the case have eroded with time.. as in all cases.

    If anything should be learned from this is the victims should report issues as they arise.. not burying them for years.
    I can agree to a point your last statement, but you overlook the obvious.

    Any woman, no matter how victimized or harassed she was, that brings out charges against Favre or any other big name celebrity, will immediately be labeled a whore, tramp, golddigger, bitch, cunt, slut & any other name you can think of just as Jen was called during this ordeal.

    People labeled her as they do other female victims these things & then scratch their heads wondering why they don't press charges or bring it to light? LOL! I can see why.

    Two years ago, when Favre sent her the texts, had she brought it up then, the labels still would have been applied then & undoubtedly she would have lost her job over it.
    You do not give her enough credit for her role in the entire situation. As far as I can tell, she is either as ignorant as a 3 year old child or she was a knowing and willing participant. NO woman that I know will give out her phone number with reckless abandon, much less continue to receive calls and texts from someone she has no interest in. Please.

    She was taken far too seriously as a victim from the beginning. The bottom line of the whole deal is HOW DID FAVRE GET HER NUMBER?
    Favre got her number from the Jets. She did not provide it to him. So he used his influence as the star QB to get someone with the team to provide him with her private information.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  6. #16
    BloodyHorns82's Avatar
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9,691

    Re: Favre to be fined, not suspended

    Quote Originally Posted by "Zeus" #1086330
    Quote Originally Posted by "Freya" #1086325
    Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1086315
    Quote Originally Posted by "pack93z" #1086311
    The NFL used legal statues to play this game.

    They addressed it, claimed what was likely that because two years have passed little could be proved, but they waited long enough to take the lawsuit out of play yet still dealing with the issue in some matter.

    Sterger and Favre both have guilt in this deal.. waiting for 18 months or so to address it hampered any proof on this deal.

    I have little use for the harassment of any sort.. but the facts of the case have eroded with time.. as in all cases.

    If anything should be learned from this is the victims should report issues as they arise.. not burying them for years.
    I can agree to a point your last statement, but you overlook the obvious.

    Any woman, no matter how victimized or harassed she was, that brings out charges against Favre or any other big name celebrity, will immediately be labeled a whore, tramp, golddigger, bitch, cunt, slut & any other name you can think of just as Jen was called during this ordeal.

    People labeled her as they do other female victims these things & then scratch their heads wondering why they don't press charges or bring it to light? LOL! I can see why.

    Two years ago, when Favre sent her the texts, had she brought it up then, the labels still would have been applied then & undoubtedly she would have lost her job over it.
    You do not give her enough credit for her role in the entire situation. As far as I can tell, she is either as ignorant as a 3 year old child or she was a knowing and willing participant. NO woman that I know will give out her phone number with reckless abandon, much less continue to receive calls and texts from someone she has no interest in. Please.

    She was taken far too seriously as a victim from the beginning. The bottom line of the whole deal is HOW DID FAVRE GET HER NUMBER?
    Favre got her number from the Jets. She did not provide it to him. So he used his influence as the star QB to get someone with the team to provide him with her private information.

    =Z=
    I'm not sure who the bigger idiot in this whole thing is - Favre or Sterger. I don't think Sterger could have handled this any worse and Favre is an idiot for sending texts to a hottie while married.

  7. #17
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: Favre to be fined, not suspended

    Here is the situation. Both parties are at fault. Sterger is at fault for waiting this long to begin with if in fact, she was feeling harrassed. Then the fact she kept it for over 2 years to show someone "privately" is again stupid. Sterger and her camp have been proven liars in the fact that Sterger's own friend "Torres" stated Sterger received texts and pix from other athletes and they both laughed at them. Then the manager, Phil Reese, tried to say this is just some bimbo trying to get her 15 minutes of fame and she hardly knows Sterger. Yet, you google both their names and there are many pictures of the both of them together.. rry but that doesn't fly in my book.

    Favre was an idiot for even trying to get involved with this girl given the fact he was married with a family. That in itself is stupid. However, my question is at this point, what did Favre do that was illegal in any way (other than maybe have this classified as Aldultery)? The pictures sill have not been proven to be his. The fact that Favre was fined by the NFL for not being completely cooperative is nothing but bogus in itself. When wasn't he cooperative? He met with the NFL when they asked him to. Nothing has been proven that he lied. That is all just speculation.

    The last I heard people are innocent until proven guilty. They also have every right to remain silent. If Favre did in fact choose that route it may not be the ethical thing to do but is it illegal? No it isn't.

    IMO Goodell worked out an agreement with Favre in this situation. Which can lead to a lot of speculation. However, the $50,000 fine is nothing to Favre. So, Favre gets off pretty lightly and Goodell looks like he "disciplined" him. To me Goodell is just as idiotic as the both of them because if he couldn't find evidence then why the fine at all?

  8. #18
    BloodyHorns82's Avatar
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9,691

    Re: Favre to be fined, not suspended

    Quote Originally Posted by "ejmat" #1086348
    Here is the situation. Both parties are at fault. Sterger is at fault for waiting this long to begin with if in fact, she was feeling harrassed. Then the fact she kept it for over 2 years to show someone "privately" is again stupid. Sterger and her camp have been proven liars in the fact that Sterger's own friend "Torres" stated Sterger received texts and pix from other athletes and they both laughed at them. Then the manager, Phil Reese, tried to say this is just some bimbo trying to get her 15 minutes of fame and she hardly knows Sterger. Yet, you google both their names and there are many pictures of the both of them together.. rry but that doesn't fly in my book.

    Favre was an idiot for even trying to get involved with this girl given the fact he was married with a family. That in itself is stupid. However, my question is at this point, what did Favre do that was illegal in any way (other than maybe have this classified as Aldultery)? The pictures sill have not been proven to be his. The fact that Favre was fined by the NFL for not being completely cooperative is nothing but bogus in itself. When wasn't he cooperative? He met with the NFL when they asked him to. Nothing has been proven that he lied. That is all just speculation.

    The last I heard people are innocent until proven guilty. They also have every right to remain silent. If Favre did in fact choose that route it may not be the ethical thing to do but is it illegal? No it isn't.

    IMO Goodell worked out an agreement with Favre in this situation. Which can lead to a lot of speculation. However, the $50,000 fine is nothing to Favre. So, Favre gets off pretty lightly and Goodell looks like he "disciplined" him. To me Goodell is just as idiotic as the both of them because if he couldn't find evidence then why the fine at all?
    Brought your 'A' game today. +1

    I cringe everytime somebody tries to make Sterger out as this poor helpless victim. Worst case somebody (Favre) hit on her via text message and sent pictures of his penis. Big deal. I'm sure she (like most women) have seen a lot of them. It's just a flipping penis. It's not like he groped her or was waiting for her on her doorstep in his birthday suit when she got home.

    I'm not saing what Favre did was OK, but it's not like he is a sexual predator or that Sterger was ever afraid for her safety. People are trying to blow this up into something bigger than it really is based on the involvement of a huge star player. If this had been Tahi or Guion we wouldn't even be hearing about it.

    Que the woe is Sterger crowd - now.

    I think the fine was appropriate based solely off the fact he admitted to sending the texts and he pried her phone number from a Jets employee.

  9. #19
    jrjohn is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    412

    Re: Favre to be fined, not suspended

    Quote Originally Posted by "ejmat" #1086348
    Here is the situation. Both parties are at fault. Sterger is at fault for waiting this long to begin with if in fact, she was feeling harrassed. Then the fact she kept it for over 2 years to show someone "privately" is again stupid. ?
    I don't see any reason why Jenn would have wanted to come foreword two years ago or at any time for that matter. The second she tells her story about Brett, she's called a whore, bitch, slut, bimbo, gold digger ect... and maybe loses her job. Who wants that? Anybody that blames Jenn for her inability to react in what some people see as the correct action to another persons innapropriate actions are not putting themselves in her shoes.

    If somebody did something like this to my wife at her at work, I would probably take it up with that person and keep the employer out of it rather than make my wife get dragged through the mud.
    If Jenn Showed the pictures to a friend and that person sold them, thats tuff. Anybody with any brains doesn't send pictures like that to anybody, they will come out and usually at a very bad time and place.

    For you married guys, or those that have a daughter think if this happened to your wife, your daughter. Being beautiful is not a crime, and not reporting sexual or innapropriate advances or contact so your called a slut is not at fault or stupid. But for Favre's actions, none of this would have happened
    None

  10. #20
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: Favre to be fined, not suspended

    Quote Originally Posted by "jrjohn" #1086351
    Quote Originally Posted by "ejmat" #1086348
    Here is the situation. Both parties are at fault. Sterger is at fault for waiting this long to begin with if in fact, she was feeling harrassed. Then the fact she kept it for over 2 years to show someone "privately" is again stupid. ?
    I don't see any reason why Jenn would have wanted to come foreword two years ago or at any time for that matter. The second she tells her story about Brett, she's called a whore, bitch, slut, bimbo, gold digger ect... and maybe loses her job. Who wants that? Anybody that blames Jenn for her inability to react in what some people see as the correct action to another persons innapropriate actions are not putting themselves in her shoes.

    If somebody did something like this to my wife at her at work, I would probably take it up with that person and keep the employer out of it rather than make my wife get dragged through the mud.
    If Jenn Showed the pictures to a friend and that person sold them, thats tuff. Anybody with any brains doesn't send pictures like that to anybody, they will come out and usually at a very bad time and place.

    For you married guys, or those that have a daughter think if this happened to your wife, your daughter. Being beautiful is not a crime, and not reporting sexual or innapropriate advances or contact so your called a slut is not at fault or stupid. But for Favre's actions, none of this would have happened
    Your last paragraph is where I disagree whole heartedly. I am not condoning what Favre did at all and like I said he is guilty of at very least flirting with a girl when he is married. However, Sterger is the one that kept it on her phone for two years and shared it with people. Her camp has in fact lied and there is no way in hell she felt Favre was a threat at anytime. That was confirned by someone that is her FRIEND.

    Again, the pictures that Favre ALLEGEDLY sent was stupid if in fact it was him. I don't blame Sterger if she wanted to be private about it. But showcasing pictures of many athletes to others pretty much show that this kind of communication doesn't bother her. I don't believe she's a slut, whore, bitch or anything like that. I do believe she is a gold-digger trying to make money though. That is my personal opinion from what I know. If she wasn't then there wouldn't be a lawyer and it wouldn't have waited for two years after she left the Jet organization.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Ogluneye Not fined For late Hit On Frerotte,Allen Fined....
    By thevikingfan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 12-08-2008, 08:44 AM
  2. Two Vikes Fined
    By PurpleMafia in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 10-11-2008, 04:11 PM
  3. Winfield fined $10,000
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 12-30-2007, 05:26 PM
  4. Wade Wilson suspended 5 games and fined $100,000
    By vikeswin2005 in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-01-2007, 05:28 PM
  5. Favre & Hovan fined
    By vikes2456 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-23-2002, 12:04 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •