Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

Favre--Few QBs have ever achieved more

Hey, even though Vikings fans here could probably care less about Favre's accomplishments, they are all factual. Has Favre ever had a losing season as a starting QB? If not, that may be his greatest accomplishment of all!

I think regardless of the era Favre played in, he would have put up great numbers. If he had played in the 60s and early 70s like Fran did, when the season was only 14 games long, running the ball was king, and defenses had more leeway, would Favre have accomplished those stats in 13 seasons? Probably not. Heck, had he played back in those days before they put skirts on the QBs, and guys like Butkus, Eller and Deacon Jones were coming after you, I suspect Favre might not have started 189 consecutive games. But all of this is fan speculation, good water cooler discussion fodder.

Brett Favre is a sure-fire first ballot Hall of Famer when he retires. I congratulate him on his success and his outstanding NFL career.

And I expect him to continue his tradition of choking in the Metrodome come December 24th!
    SKOL VIKINGS!

TEXPACK is offline Pro-Bowler

Isn't SKOL something you use for awhile and spit out? Or do you swallow?
    Some of us will do our jobs well and some will not, but we will all be judged by only one thing - the result." --Vince Lombardi

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Sorry TP..., I didn't mean to make it personal. :boxing:

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

TEXPACK is offline Pro-Bowler

I'm trying to educate retards like you, skol
    Some of us will do our jobs well and some will not, but we will all be judged by only one thing - the result." --Vince Lombardi

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

Tex... did you not in another thread just minutes ago say that you were going to take the high road and remail civil? Congrats man you really stood by your word there!

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Favre is a good QB (used to be great, as hard for me to admit that he was). I would classify him as one of the top 5 quarterbacks ever, but I have only seen qbs since the mid to late 80s. In my mind Joe Montana was the best, not statistically, but for everything else he posessed! I think amavikesfan made a great point about Warren Moon. Had he played those years in the NFL when he was in the AFL or CFL, whatever league he was in, he would own all of the records. I think it is tough to pin "the best" on someone, when there have been so many great players at each position. Favre is a good qb, I hate to say it as much as the next vikings fan, but he is, I can't wait to see him go!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

briboy75 is offline Asst. Coach

favre is an incredible player. he personifies his team and makes the rivalry been the vikes and the pack much more interesting. its hard to even imagine someone else qbing for the pack.

that being said, i hope we kick his a$$ a couple times this year

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

No one is debating that Farve has had a great career, what is your point here TexPack? Just trying to piss people off with your cocky attitude?

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

ESPN just did a top ten list of the five toughest players in the NFL. McNair, Tomlinson, Staley were all in there, but indeed, Brett Favre was #1.

Five years from now, when we have a fragile little quarterback and we actually have a NEED for a backup, I will be missing #4, and while many of you won't admit it, you'll be kind of missing him, too.

I kind of miss Cris Carter. I hated him so much that I just wanted to see his cocky, whiny little @ss smushed into the ground. Now that he's gone, I have much less talented players (minus Moss) to hate.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

I'm not comparing Moss to Farve but people seem to forget that Moss has never missed a start in his entire career, and has been playing for a little longer than Tomlinson.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast