Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    GreenBaySlackers is offline Star Spokesman

Favre--Few QBs have ever achieved more

"superior230bartime" wrote:
    "dart18" wrote:
    was that really necessary mr tex, i mean really, keep it short, especially when it is about the Green Bay God that you all look up to
    You guys want something shorter to read? Maybe someone could put together an article about Chris Hovan's accomplishments.
    Or your recievers

cheesefree is offline Starter

Sorry, but your football God doesn't impress everybody. Favre will never be in the same league as Marino. Here's to Favre's continuing decline in his old age and many more funny crying photos ccasion5:
    [b:6191debc1d]it ain t easy being cheesy[/b:6191debc1d]
    [img:6191debc1d]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid137/p834fa46b07efd9e3efdcb7cb577f214e/f73f7170.jpg[/img:6191debc1d]

cheesefree is offline Starter

"GreenBaySlackers" wrote:
    "superior230bartime" wrote:
    "dart18" wrote:
    was that really necessary mr tex, i mean really, keep it short, especially when it is about the Green Bay God that you all look up to
    You guys want something shorter to read? Maybe someone could put together an article about Chris Hovan's accomplishments.
    Or your recievers
    greenbay has recievers? :shock:
    [b:6191debc1d]it ain t easy being cheesy[/b:6191debc1d]
    [img:6191debc1d]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid137/p834fa46b07efd9e3efdcb7cb577f214e/f73f7170.jpg[/img:6191debc1d]

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

Sorry....catching up late, here.

[size=7px]"TEXPACK" wrote:
    Brett Favre insists that records mean nothing to him. Never have, never will. Entering his 13th season in Green Bay, QB Brett Favre has a handful of all-time NFL passing records within his sight.

blah

blah

blah

Favre's 4,686 post-season passing yards rank third, behind Montana (5,772) and Elway (4,964).
    [/size]

TexPack...I see what you are saying, but brevity is the soul of wit.

Also, there are three kinds of lies....1) lies 2) damn lies 3) statistics. One good stats does as much and as little to prove your point.

"GreenBaySlackers" wrote:
    I bet if Moss retired right now, he would make the HOF. if he keeps at this pace, its a definate! Favre has somthing that moss doesn't have (other than a medicine cabinate full of pain killers)
    Don't see it if he retired this year. Certainly wouldn't be a first ballot. Gotta remember outside Minnesota Moss hasn't shed his bad reputation any more than Favre has shed his Vicodin reputation.

"cheesefree" wrote:
    Sorry, but your football God doesn't impress everybody. Favre will never be in the same league as Marino. Here's to Favre's continuing decline in his old age and many more funny crying photos ccasion5:
    I think we debated the whole Marino issue a couple of months ago, and BigDogBovy took the "Marino Is God" side of the debate, so that might be my best attack against you, that you are agreeing with Bovy.

Favre's best days behind him? Yup. Packers hoping for a swan song this season? Yup. Do I trust Favre more than Culpepper this season to take a team through the playoffs? Yup. Do I trust Culpepper more in three or four seasons? Yup.

And I reiterate my point from that old thread; Marino is NOT the best of the best, but back in a second tier with guys like Favre, Aikman, Tarkenton, and Bradshaw. I still place Favre slightly ahead of Marino because he has equalled many of his records AND has a great playoff record and a Super Bowl ring.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Well TP..., let me first of all say that TP is a very fitting acronym. Secondly, why do you have to come to a Vikings site and spread your FudgePacker gobbledygook? Are they sick of you on the Packers board? I, for one, am sick of you here. ukeright:

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

let's not forget that if you took warren moons stats from canada, he would greatly surpass any qb in history in many important areas.
    "ted nugent called. he wants his shirt back."-george clooney, ocean s eleven

RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

Favre is amazing, no question. Anyone who argues with that or puts Culpepper in the same sentence with him is a fool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

"RandyMoss8404" wrote:
    Favre is amazing, no question. Anyone who argues with that or puts Culpepper in the same sentence with him is a fool.
    Hmmm....

Brett Favre and Daunte Culpepper both play in the NFC North. Am I a fool?

Sorry I know it's stupid but I couldn't resist.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

rjkvikings is offline Asst. Coach

"sdvikefan" wrote:
    "RandyMoss8404" wrote:
    Hmmm....

Brett Favre and Daunte Culpepper both play in the NFC North. Am I a fool?

Sorry I know it's stupid but I couldn't resist.
    i'm not gonna argue. favre is great, but he's not as good as he used to be and culpepper isn't that much worse than him. i'd rather have the young culpepper than the old favre because culpepper will be able to play for longer.

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

"TEXPACK" wrote:
    SD,

Anything is possible. Fran Tarkenton was a great QB possibly the greatest in his era? i don't dispute that one iota. One thing you forget Favre isn't finished yet. Let's see who is where after 4 more years!

Secondly, isn't that the same argument you make the same as the Green bay Packers fans make about their history and glorious past?

All you can be is CHAMPIONS! It means you are THE BEST.

The Green Bay Packers have achieved just that 12 times the Vikings Zero. Sorry the truth hurts.

Brett Favre is a first ballot HOF QB enjoy his greatness it doesn't come around that often.

If Moss has another 3 great years the Vikings can talk about him the same way otherwise I don't see anybody on your team worth bragging about.
    If you really like using championchips we have one as well. 1969 we won the nfl championchip against the browns, although we didnt win the superbowl against the chefs. We dont count those 8 or 9 extra championchips because we all know the vikes could have had 8 of there own in a league of six teams.

Its superbowls we havent won yet and the real truth is you only have 3 i believe superbowl win instead of 12.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast