Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    Rush was wrong. We got a physically beat up McNabb. Lets not shit on his entire career because he was old and beaten down when we got him. Rush was making these statement when they guy was carrying his team on his back without 1 damn wr.
    So you feel Terell Owens & DeShawn Jackson weren't good WR's when McNabb was there?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    I agree with kevon here.

Besides, Rush's comments had little to do with football and more to do with the color of McNabb's skin. Nothing that man says should be given any credence here.
    I believe that the comment was that the media were making McNabb better than he actually was...

Not trying to start race wars here, never been a big believer in race as a predictor of talent/ability myself.

McNabb was great within the system he played in Philly. Like McMahon was in Chicago. But I wouldn't be too quick to crown either of them as top QB's.

McNabb's 13th season was here. He was atrocious.
    Brady is in Year 13...has he fallen apart as completely?
    Bree's is in his 12th, is he on the verge of total collapse?
    Peyton Manning is in his 15th...how many skip-balls will he throw?
    Vick is in his 11th season...will the wheels come off now?

These guys, along with Favre, were all Donovan's contemporaries...and all of them were (and are) better QB's. And, most telling, none of them imploded so completely - except Favre.

Caine

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Hate to say it, but Rush Limbaugh was right all those years ago when he said that perhaps McNabb wasn't as good as people wanted him to be...

As for the rest, McNabb is right about his assertions about they Vikings. They don't use Harvin effectively (because they can't), they have holes in their "D", and they do run a lot....but McNabb blew EVERY opportunity he had. I have NEVER seen so many skipped balls thrown in my LIFE. He almost made me miss Jackson.

THAT'S bad...

Caine
    Thing is even with the skipped passes, McNabb still completed 60.3% of his passes for over 1000 yard in less than 6 games.

I'm not defending McNabb here by any stretch of the means, just pointing out this wasn't far off from his norm. In fact it was better than his career average.

In the 13 seasons McChunky played, he only had 2 other seasons with a significantly better completion %. 64% in 2004 (Owens) & 61.5% (Curtis) in 2007. He had similar seasons in 2008 & 2009 with 60.4% & 60.3% respectively. Most of his career he was under 60%.

He was just another stopgap QB to add to the list.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by VKG4LFE View Post
    Who gives a shit about what Favre has to say, and who cares about McNabb! Sorry I'm still bitter towards both! haha
    +1
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    I thought it was funny yesterday on NFL that when the picks of the week came up and Donovan was one of the three guys, that he was the oly one that didn't pick the Vikings ad when they were pointing out why they liked what they saw from Ponder, that he did not comment at all. Then he went on to critique another QB's play which is ironic since his play was nothing exceptional.

The thing that separates McNabb from the other great QB's of his era is what separates all of those who are good from those who are great- He didn't have the drive and the commitment to put in the time he needed to get to that next plateau.

It was evident when he was puking his guts out i the SB, it was evident when Andy Reid traded him to a divisional rival, it was evident when he was benched ad traded from Washington but somehow the Vikings missed all of that and brought him in where when I saw him at training camp it was evident there too that he wasn't putting in the time or effort the rest of the team was and all of that showed on Sunday.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    I thought it was funny yesterday on NFL that when the picks of the week came up and Donovan was one of the three guys, that he was the oly one that didn't pick the Vikings ad when they were pointing out why they liked what they saw from Ponder, that he did not comment at all. Then he went on to critique another QB's play which is ironic since his play was nothing exceptional.

The thing that separates McNabb from the other great QB's of his era is what separates all of those who are good from those who are great- He didn't have the drive and the commitment to put in the time he needed to get to that next plateau.

It was evident when he was puking his guts out i the SB, it was evident when Andy Reid traded him to a divisional rival, it was evident when he was benched ad traded from Washington but somehow the Vikings missed all of that and brought him in where when I saw him at training camp it was evident there too that he wasn't putting in the time or effort the rest of the team was and all of that showed on Sunday.
    One thing you are overlooking. He was instrumental in getting us the highest draft picks we have had in decades.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Quote Originally Posted by marshallvike View Post
    One thing you are overlooking. He was instrumental in getting us the highest draft picks we have had in decades.
    Had we benched him 2 games earlier, we probably would have been in position to draft RGIII or trade the pick.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12