Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

The Favre Factor

[size=13pt]The Favre factor[/size]

by Judd Zulgad

The Packers will open their three-day mandatory minicamp Tuesday minus the retired Brett Favre. One would think that Favre’s next appearance in Green Bay might not be until the Sept. 8 regular-season opener against the Vikings when his No. 4 is retired. Two of Favre’s former teammates are glad they will get to be there for the event.

Vikings kicker Ryan Longwell and receiver Robert Ferguson recently talked about what they expect Lambeau to be like that night.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: The Favre Factor

"Garland" wrote:
    [size=13pt]The Favre factor[/size]

by Judd Zulgad

The Packers will open their three-day mandatory minicamp Tuesday minus the retired Brett Favre. One would think that Favre’s next appearance in Green Bay might not be until the Sept. 8 regular-season opener against the Vikings when his No. 4 is retired. Two of Favre’s former teammates are glad they will get to be there for the event.

Vikings kicker Ryan Longwell and receiver Robert Ferguson recently talked about what they expect Lambeau to be like that night.
    Hopefully very, very quiet and full of shock and the realization that they are getting their asses handed to them.

StillPurple is offline Hall of Famer

Plus, they can thank Favre for throwing that very bad pass into the flat in the Giants game, which sunk them.

I still hate Favre. Sorry, but I wear purple on Sunday... ;D

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Shouldn't this be merged with the Brett Favre thread?: (sorry GG...
    ;D)

http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=45472.msg789043#msg789043

I mean, we can only have one Randy Moss thread.
    Why would it be different for Fav-re?

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

To be honest if I were a Packer fan I would be somewhat upset with Favre retiring but I would also realize that Favre threw too many INT's, especailly in big games. Last year he was also unable to control the turnovers in the playoffs. I believe Aron Rodgers is gonna be a very solid QB for the Packers, some fans seem to be underating the young gun. He's had a great opportunity to learn from the bench and from what we have saw in limited action, was very stellar play. IMO its up there oline to give him comfort and good pass protection much like Favre recieved last year. If so I look for him to play very well, hopefully week one we can really put the pressure on the kid. We need to hit him and force him into pressure situations.