Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Traveling_Vike is offline Coordinator

Favre and elbow issues

Reports indicate that Brett was on "limited" practice Thursday due to ankle and right elbow problems. This is the first I've heard of any elbow problems. Have any of you heard anything?

This actually sounds more to me like laying the foundations for an excuse to pull him if things go south in the Lions game. Just like I suggested in another thread, I believe...

Be ready. TJ watch is officially on.

My Meeple is purple. What color is yours?

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Favre and elbow issues

Traveling_Vike wrote:
    Reports indicate that Brett was on "limited" practice Thursday due to ankle and right elbow problems. This is the first I've heard of any elbow problems. Have any of you heard anything?

This actually sounds more to me like laying the foundations for an excuse to pull him if things go south in the Lions game. Just like I suggested in another thread, I believe...

Be ready. TJ watch is officially on.
    Screw TJ watch. Joe Webb watch has officially began.

Actually, this situation has so many similarities to the situation 4 years ago.

established, superbowl winning Veteran QB (BJ) played well last season, and now, he's struggling. Now we have a young, mobile, inexperienced QB sitting on the bench. A Fan favourite. I'm willing to bet, take a general poll of Vikings fans, Webb would be preferable over TJ.

We'll chant Webb, boo Favre. Then when Webb actually plays, and inevetably stinks it up, we'll boo him and the cycle recyles.

kyleburkle is offline Rookie

This is the Favre of 08 with the Jets lets lose all the games on purpose and pick up that kid from arkansas in the draft
    None

kyleburkle is offline Rookie

oh yeah we will lose all the games with favre trying
    None

Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

I don't think so.

I think it originates with Favre and he's the one laying groundwork......for retirement.

This team sent a delegation to BEG him to play. He reluctantly came back.

Then the team let him down.

Even with almost no blitzing, the Viking pass protection has been lame. He's had to rush throws most of the time.

Favre knows he'll get blitzed by the Jets and the Packers and they both have superior pass rushes to throw against the weak Viking pass protection.....and the Packers still have a great need to humiliate him.

He also knows that he faces a season of getting pounded into the ground almost every game and with our talent and schedule we're looking at a 7-9 season. He really has no need to end his career as a loser--especially a busted-up loser.

Since the team let him down, the ONLY reason left to play is the money......and he doesn't need it that bad.

He just needs to find a graceful exit. He doesn't want to be a loser or a quitter.....but he could exit with an honorable injury.

Put all the puzzle pieces together and it all makes perfect sense.
    It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

i_bleed_purple wrote:

Now come on, IBP, you know better than that. While the fans may prefer it, Webb will not get to play this year unless there is no other choice. He is simply too raw at this point.

If Favre goes out, TJ will come in. Not saying that's either a good or bad thing, it's just how it is.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Traveling_Vike wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:

Now come on, IBP, you know better than that. While the fans may prefer it, Webb will not get to play this year unless there is no other choice. He is simply too raw at this point.

If Favre goes out, TJ will come in. Not saying that's either a good or bad thing, it's just how it is.
    I know, just having some fun. Webb isn't ready for a real NFL game yet, but you know fans will be calling for him, just like they did with TJ. If Favre goes down, Tj will come in and he better play pretty well.

Infidel wrote:
    I don't think so.

I think it originates with Favre and he's the one laying groundwork......for retirement.
    That is actually quite possible. I tend to think that it is a compromise worked out between Favre and the coaches, as a "just in case" scenario. They can pull him and claim injury, and then if he feels he isn't up to returning, he could retire at that point with no stigma.

However, I strongly disagree with the motivations you attribute to him. Brett Favre is not afraid of any hit. If he retires, it will be because he feels he can't help his team any more.

A coward such as the one you describe would not hold the league record for consecutive starts at QB. He has come in an played with some very serious injuries in the past. This is why it sounds fishy to me. His reputation for courage in the face of adversity in unmatched.

Although the pass protection you keep harping about has not been up to what we'd like to see, it really hasn't been all that bad either. We're just used to much better. You rally need to learn a few new tunes. That one is getting boring.

Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

Maybe the most exciting thing that could happen is for Favre to retire, Tarvaris Jackson to come in and get hurt and we're forced to use Webb a lot.

Gotta like Webb.....what if he turned into a great QB?

Tantalizing possible future.
    It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Traveling_Vike wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:

I know, just having some fun. Webb isn't ready for a real NFL game yet, but you know fans will be calling for him, just like they did with TJ. If Favre goes down, Tj will come in and he better play pretty well.
    If it happens, I certainly hope he does. I do still have some confidence in him.

Despite that, though, I'd still rather see Favre get better and stay in. He's still our best hope at this point.

You know what they say, when a team is struggling, the fan favorite is always the backup QB. Until he actually comes in and stinks up the joint. hmy:

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast