Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Favre disses Jackson

Bangkok Bob wrote:
    Favre wasn't really dissing "Action Jackson", he was just expressing the obvious. How much faith does team members have in a guy who doesn't pay attention on the sidelines during a game. Hat backwards, Ipod blazing...laughing when his team is getting their butt kicked...who needs Tavaris? not the Vikings....That's why Matt Birk left...next year it will be Michael Vick and hopefully a new coach....
    Get Bill Cower before this current group of players are gone.

Chilly is quite possibly the worst coach in the history of the NFL... :laugh:
    Oh.....you're just being silly, aren't you!

Give TJ a break....and coach too, for that matter.

I still think Favre will retire, but if he doesn't.....

The very best scenario for the rest of the season is....

1. Favre too hurt to play.
    2. TJ failing.
    3. Ailing Favre playing a little but mainly mentoring the young QB Webb--who steps up to win some games.

Zounds!!! We have a movie script in that one!

Welcome.
    It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Bangkok Bob wrote:
    Favre wasn't really dissing "Action Jackson", he was just expressing the obvious. How much faith does team members have in a guy who doesn't pay attention on the sidelines during a game. Hat backwards, Ipod blazing...laughing when his team is getting their butt kicked...who needs Tavaris? not the Vikings....That's why Matt Birk left...next year it will be Michael Vick and hopefully a new coach....

Ipod? You really think that he's listening to music? I'm pretty sure he's listening to the playcalls, buddy. Ever notice that he has a clipboard too?

There is absolutely no way the coaches would let him get away with wearing his ipod on the sideline. Especially not with Favre's health and current level of play.

Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

You mean the clipboard is not the list of songs on his I-Pod??!!??

Damn!!!

Next you'll be telling us that that thing Childress is holding is not a Kindle?
    It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

Traveling_Vike is offline Coordinator

Mission accomplished, much to my dismay...

I admit to following ESPN's lead and reading out of context, as they presented it.

However, I finally managed to get more than two or three responses to one of my posts. It seems that I actually have to be wrong to get people to argue (sorry, make that "discuss") with me.

:P

My Meeple is purple. What color is yours?

BleedinPandG is offline Coach

I'm just curious what happens if the Vikes start T-Jack and *gasp* he DOES succeed... do we have a full fledged QB controvery on our hands? Do you bench the hot hand for the legend? Do you play the "He'll play when he's 100% healthy" hand? Does Favre bow out citing his injuries? Do you claim T-Jack "won" the starting position based on Favre's performance thus far "this" season?

If T-Jack were to help the Vikes beat the Pats in New England... it'd be very hard to sit him the following week.
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

BleedinPandG wrote:
    I'm just curious what happens if the Vikes start T-Jack and *gasp* he DOES succeed... do we have a full fledged QB controvery on our hands? Do you bench the hot hand for the legend? Do you play the "He'll play when he's 100% healthy" hand? Does Favre bow out citing his injuries? Do you claim T-Jack "won" the starting position based on Favre's performance thus far "this" season?

If T-Jack were to help the Vikes beat the Pats in New England... it'd be very hard to sit him the following week.
    If he plays well in NE, then you can play up the Favre injury needing another week to heal. If TJ does well in consecutive games, then controversy might start brewing.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

Bangkok Bob wrote:

Hate to defend Childress, but he is not even the worst coach in franchise history. See Les Steckel.

I feel dirty.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Bangkok Bob wrote:

Saying that TJ is the reason Birk left is more laughable than the first post.

Totally pulled that one out of your ass.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

singersp wrote:
    Bangkok Bob wrote:

Saying that TJ is the reason Birk left is more laughable than the first post.

Totally pulled that one out of your ass.
    Great!

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123