Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Favre disses Jackson

I know.
    It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

idahovikefan7 wrote:
    And in that same press conference he said that if jackson does play, he truly believes he would succeed. So I don't think he was dissing him in any way.
    LOL, funny how that type of stuff got left out.

Truth of the matter is, I was very suprised to hear our leader give a vote of convidence to TJ in this matter.

Although it wasn't as big as I would've hoped, it was there nonetheless. Maybe, just maybe the Noodle will be the bigger man here.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer

Yeah, that quote really is nothing to do with Jackson and not sure how hard you would have to be looking for it to appear that way! :laugh:

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

marstc09 wrote:
    Bit of a stretch.
    "Bit of a stretch" is being very polite.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Bangkok Bob is offline Waterboy

Favre wasn't really dissing "Action Jackson", he was just expressing the obvious. How much faith does team members have in a guy who doesn't pay attention on the sidelines during a game. Hat backwards, Ipod blazing...laughing when his team is getting their butt kicked...who needs Tavaris? not the Vikings....That's why Matt Birk left...next year it will be Michael Vick and hopefully a new coach....
    Get Bill Cower before this current group of players are gone.

Chilly is quite possibly the worst coach in the history of the NFL... :laugh:
    None

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Bangkok Bob wrote:
    Favre wasn't really dissing "Action Jackson", he was just expressing the obvious. How much faith does team members have in a guy who doesn't pay attention on the sidelines during a game. Hat backwards, Ipod blazing...laughing when his team is getting their butt kicked...who needs Tavaris? not the Vikings....That's why Matt Birk left...next year it will be Michael Vick and hopefully a new coach....

Chilly isn't close to being the worst coach in NFL history, but we could do better.

I'll judge Tarvaris by how he does on the field ,not how he wears his hat. So far his performance has been lacking. He's down to his last chance.

Welcome to the site. If your posts are going to be historionic, expect to get called on them.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Bangkok Bob wrote:

Wow, what a first post. On this site, you don't have to beat around the bush. YOu can tell us how you really feel.

On a side note, there have been several players express that they have confidence in TJ, even the Noodle wears his hat backwards, and thats not an Ipod in his ear, thats the Offensive Coordinator.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

jargomcfargo wrote:
    historionic
    Marrdro can be seen using the dictionary to figure out the dime word his nickle mind doesn't know muttering something that sounds like "Damn Smart Doctors, good thing he makes great wine"........... :laugh:

Psssst, hey doc, did you mean Histrionic?

Histrionic personality disorder (HPD) is defined by the American Psychiatric Association as a personality disorder characterized by a pattern of excessive emotionality and attention-seeking, including an excessive need for approval and inappropriate seductiveness, usually beginning in early adulthood. These individuals are lively, dramatic, enthusiastic, and flirtatious.

They may be inappropriately sexually provocative, express strong emotions with an impressionistic style, and be easily influenced by others. Associated features may include egocentrism, self-indulgence, continuous longing for appreciation, feelings that are easily hurt, and persistent manipulative behavior to achieve their own needs.

People who experience involuntary celibacy may display many of the personality symptoms common to this disorder[citation needed], even if they are not actually affected by the clinical condition itself.

vike_mike is offline Pro-Bowler

Reading that, it didn't sound like that at all. Sounds like to me that "he" feels that we have the best chance to win with him in there. If this were last year, then I would agree with him. But it is most obviously not. So at this point, TJack is the QB.

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Marrdro wrote:
    jargomcfargo wrote:
    historionic
    Marrdro can be seen using the dictionary to figure out the dime word his nickle mind doesn't know muttering something that sounds like "Damn Smart Doctors, good thing he makes great wine"........... :laugh:

Psssst, hey doc, did you mean Histrionic?

Histrionic personality disorder (HPD) is defined by the American Psychiatric Association as a personality disorder characterized by a pattern of excessive emotionality and attention-seeking, including an excessive need for approval and inappropriate seductiveness, usually beginning in early adulthood. These individuals are lively, dramatic, enthusiastic, and flirtatious.

They may be inappropriately sexually provocative, express strong emotions with an impressionistic style, and be easily influenced by others. Associated features may include egocentrism, self-indulgence, continuous longing for appreciation, feelings that are easily hurt, and persistent manipulative behavior to achieve their own needs.

People who experience involuntary celibacy may display many of the personality symptoms common to this disorder[citation needed], even if they are not actually affected by the clinical condition itself.
    Yes I meant historionic, but not the psychiatric definition.
    As with many words there are a variety of usages and meanings.
    In this case the meaning would be, 'given to exaggeration', or 'dramatic'.
    Example, "Chilly is quite possibly the worst coach in the NFL".
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast