Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Re:Favre to dish out his autograph for $400

singersp wrote:
    ultravikingfan wrote:
    If you came out of your cave just to post this, go back.
    Shame on you for discouraging anyone from posting here, purely because their opinion differs from yours.
    Not discouraging anything. But if you are just gonna pop your head up for some negative BS, why bother? This site is full of that as it is.

Favre is not a snubber. I read waayyyy back that while in a restaurant the waitress approached him and said that a couple asked if they could have his autograph. He said, for a fee. Other people soon saw this and asked the same. At first you would think he was a jerk.

He left it all as a tip for the waitress.

Like I said...promoter fees! They are huge! Take this from a former collector (and you know I was).

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Actually, Chuck's stuff doesn't go to charity at all. Not in the normal course of things.

I think they all get what they can get, and I guess I don't begrudge. You find out who the good guys are.

Nice seeing ya Singer.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

ultravikingfan wrote:
    singersp wrote:
    ultravikingfan wrote:
    Shame on you for discouraging anyone from posting here, purely because their opinion differs from yours.
    Not discouraging anything. But if you are just gonna pop your head up for some negative BS, why bother? This site is full of that as it is.

Favre is not a snubber. I read waayyyy back that while in a restaurant the waitress approached him and said that a couple asked if they could have his autograph. He said, for a fee. Other people soon saw this and asked the same. At first you would think he was a jerk.

Like I said...promoter fees! They are huge! Take this from a former collector (and you know I was).
    Couple of thoughts:

1: How much does Favre actually get per item? Or is he paid an upfront fee? See, we don't know, so claiming he's a tool based upon prices set by the promoter is
    premature.

2: Celebrities are seldom afforded the luxury of a peaceful night out. In a restaurant, at a store, wherever they are they are accosted by fans...and those fans inevitably want a memento to share with their friends (Proof that they met the Celeb). So if a Celeb tacks on a modest fee for the inconvenience of having dinner interrupted, so be it.

3: I agree that the athlete that snubs the little kid is jerkish...but how many times have I heard about Dealers sending memorabilia in with little kids just to get the star to sign? Too many. Fact is, as was pointed out, the autograph market is insane, and the unscrupulous dealers are the majority of the problem, not the athletes.

Caine

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Silly thunderstorm here knocked everything out - ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZAP!!!

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

Texas Viking wrote:
    I have all the respect for Brett as an athlete and I hope he comes back for another year with us, but I do recognize he is one heck of a prima donna. Of course, I guess heís earned that right from his accomplishments but still I canít respect that kind of attitude. He loves to milk drama for all its worth, carries a chip on his shoulder larger than Mount Everest and seems like the kind of guy that canít get over a grudge.

Back to the autographs, I donít think those prices are unusual when being sponsored by a company, especially with the biggest name in football. They can charge top price for his scribble. But, I also read somewhere that Brett always charges for autographs, regardless.

Being the superstar celebrity he is, Iím sure he gets thousands of autographs requests from people and it can be overwhelming. But if he avoids signing anything like after a game when walking past fans thatís just showing an overly conceeded attitude.

I love Brett the athlete, but I do have some issues with Brett the man.
    better watch out. ultra may demand you leave the site also. B)
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

#4kicksA$$ wrote:
    marshallvike wrote:
    ultravikingfan wrote:
    Come on Singer, do you think it all goes to Favre? NO! Most goes to Radtke.

A lot of athletes do this...so why not make a thread for all of them that do this?

The reason autographs are so much now is because of ebay and all the fakes out there. I used to collect them, but gave it up because it is way too costly.

And maybe he gives his portion to charity? We do not know what he is going to do with it.

Geez, the Favre hate still runs strong.

a lot of athletes charge $400 for their autograph? I did not know that.

sooooo, it's ok because it is the great Farvini.
    Sooooo,since your trashing him now you won't be one of those cheering for him come the season. :unsure:
    I will for sure be cheering for him while he is at the helm of the Viking ship.

I don't have to like him though.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

gregair13 wrote:
    He needs that. What if he loses his job in camp?
    He will get his job back as soon as he shows up for game 3 of the preseason. :lol:

that was a funny one gregair.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Webby wrote:
    Actually, Chuck's stuff doesn't go to charity at all. Not in the normal course of things.

I think they all get what they can get, and I guess I don't begrudge. You find out who the good guys are.

Nice seeing ya Singer.
    Seems I recall when I got his autograph at Wal-Mart, those procedes were going to breast cancer research.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

ultravikingfan wrote:
    singersp wrote:
    ultravikingfan wrote:

Positive or negative, I post either way. You know me, I form my own opinions & don't simply go with the majority or popular opinion like some do.

Besides, I've been doing a little posting, stated that I don't mind Favre's return since he did prove me wrong last year & you can't argue with success. That's two positives right there.

2 out of 3 ain't bad.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

singersp wrote:
    ultravikingfan wrote:
    singersp wrote:
    ultravikingfan wrote:

Positive or negative, I post either way. You know me, I form my own opinions & don't simply go with the majority or popular opinion like some do.

Besides, I've been doing a little posting, stated that I don't mind Favre's return since he did prove me wrong last year & you can't argue with success. That's two positives right there.

2 out of 3 ain't bad.
    ahhh.. the meat loaf ratio

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast