Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 168
  1. #141
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,180

    Re:Favre is cumming... back!!

    vikinggreg wrote:
    Wish I had a clue, but it seems having a clue enlightens one to the point of calling others a hypocrite and acting in a way that could lead others to think a month long (possibly season long) hemorrhoid flare up is occurring. No sure how true that might be though as I've stopped looking for a clue and am enjoying mulling about in my own ignorance and Favre jersey.

    :silly:
    +1

  2. #142
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,180

    Re:Favre is cumming... back!!

    Bernard Berrian wants in on the Brett Favre action

    "I think we meshed pretty well last year, especially toward the end of the season," he said Thursday. "Being here and being healthy now during the rest of training camp is going to help tremendously, especially being able to be on the field with him. It's going to give me a lot more chances to get some work in."
    "I think there's no substitute for calling plays in the huddle in a real game environment, and the only way I'm going to get the speed of the game down is being in games," Favre said Wednesday.

    "My arm feels great, but to think it's ready for the first game, that's going to take a little bit of time."
    http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_15832391?source=rss&nclick_check=1

  3. #143
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,180

    Re:Favre is cumming... back!!

    Brad Childress: Brett Favre will start for Vikings vs. 49ers on Saturday

    Childress said Favre would only play one or two series.

    "I think he's doing a good job of rounding into," form, Childress said, via the Minneapolis Star Tribune. "He has been throwing the football, there is no question about that. Just conditioning his legs. ... He's versed in our system and our calls."
    http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2010/08/brad-childress-brett-favre-will-start-for-vikings-vs-49ers-on-saturday/1?csp=34

  4. #144
    jargomcfargo's Avatar
    jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,776

    Re:Favre is cumming... back!!

    marstc09 wrote:
    Brad Childress: Brett Favre will start for Vikings vs. 49ers on Saturday

    Childress said Favre would only play one or two series.

    "I think he's doing a good job of rounding into," form, Childress said, via the Minneapolis Star Tribune. "He has been throwing the football, there is no question about that. Just conditioning his legs. ... He's versed in our system and our calls."
    http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2010/08/brad-childress-brett-favre-will-start-for-vikings-vs-49ers-on-saturday/1?csp=34
    Guess someone should let Childress know, the game is on Sunday!
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

  5. #145
    vikinggreg's Avatar
    vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    4,778

    Re:Favre is cumming... back!!

    jargomcfargo wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Brad Childress: Brett Favre will start for Vikings vs. 49ers on Saturday

    Childress said Favre would only play one or two series.

    "I think he's doing a good job of rounding into," form, Childress said, via the Minneapolis Star Tribune. "He has been throwing the football, there is no question about that. Just conditioning his legs. ... He's versed in our system and our calls."
    http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2010/08/brad-childress-brett-favre-will-start-for-vikings-vs-49ers-on-saturday/1?csp=34
    Guess someone should let Childress know, the game is on Sunday!
    LMAO, OMG Chillress really doesn't have a clue, guess that's why the guys went out to get Brett and why the Wilf's opened up the checkbook



    Or Tim Gardner is yet just another reporter that doesn't worry about facts getting in the way of a story B)

  6. #146
    vikinggreg's Avatar
    vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    4,778

    Re:Favre is cumming... back!!

    vikinggreg wrote:
    jargomcfargo wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Brad Childress: Brett Favre will start for Vikings vs. 49ers on Saturday

    Childress said Favre would only play one or two series.

    "I think he's doing a good job of rounding into," form, Childress said, via the Minneapolis Star Tribune. "He has been throwing the football, there is no question about that. Just conditioning his legs. ... He's versed in our system and our calls."
    http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2010/08/brad-childress-brett-favre-will-start-for-vikings-vs-49ers-on-saturday/1?csp=34
    Guess someone should let Childress know, the game is on Sunday!
    LMAO, OMG Chillress really doesn't have a clue, guess that's why the guys went out to get Brett and why the Wilf's opened up the checkbook



    Or Tim Gardner is yet just another reporter that doesn't worry about facts getting in the way of a story B)
    Upon further review

    Minnesota head coach Brad Childress said Friday that quarterback Brett Favre, who just joined the team and began practicing this week, will start the team's preseason game against San Francisco on Sunday.
    Looks like Childress does know when the game is and even where the game is :woohoo:

    B)

  7. #147
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re:Favre is cumming... back!!

    singersp wrote:
    midgensa wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    slavinator wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    NodakPaul wrote:
    Also, there hasn't been any change to Favre's contract, league sources told NFL Network insider Jason La Canfora. Favre is scheduled to make $13 million in the last year of a two-year deal with the Vikings.
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d819d2d99/article/hutchinson-favre-simply-said-lets-do-it-decided-to-return?module=HP_headlines
    LMFAO! Here that Marrdro? I thought you were sooooo right yesterday. See why I asked for proof now?
    Dont get too excited just yet. There are conflicting reports on whether there will or wont be a change to his contract. As of LaCanfora's report last night he announced that at the time no change was made to the contract. Today or tomorrow after the press conference, the Vikes will have to file with the league office any changes to the contract.

    While I would love to believe that he is just coming back cuz the 'guys' came to visit, something tells me he is going to get a couple extra mil for the latest retirement dance. I do not blame the Vikes for giving it to him either, because without the Favre we do not have a chance of getting to Dallas.
    It has never been about the money with Favre.
    I agree ... the money was a mistake by the Vikings FO.

    Simply enough ... if he was going to play, it had nothing to do with more money.

    At this point though ... he would be a complete moron to say, nah ... I don't want 7 million extra dollars.
    If money wasn't a part of it, Favre would honor the contract he signed a year ago for $13 mil.

    If a new contract is drawn up, the old one discarded & he makes more money, then certainly money played a big part in it. Especially when Favre was still waffling when the 3 players went down to entice him to play.

    I wouldn't be opposed to giving him $13 mil for the season & upping that with an additional $7 mil incentive IF we win the SB.
    Sounds like he could be paid as much a 28 million dollars this year between the deferred compensation and incentives.

    To give you an idea of what that would buy the team 28 million x 40 years = 1.120 billion dollars (Feel free to post the Dr Evil 1 billion dollars picture from google) which would build them a new stadium taxpayer free.


    IMHO for that kind of money we could have left him on the farm, beefed up the OL and hired some better coaches :woohoo:

  8. #148
    vikinggreg's Avatar
    vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    4,778

    Re:Favre is cumming... back!!

    Purple Floyd wrote:
    singersp wrote:
    midgensa wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    slavinator wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    NodakPaul wrote:
    Also, there hasn't been any change to Favre's contract, league sources told NFL Network insider Jason La Canfora. Favre is scheduled to make $13 million in the last year of a two-year deal with the Vikings.
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d819d2d99/article/hutchinson-favre-simply-said-lets-do-it-decided-to-return?module=HP_headlines
    LMFAO! Here that Marrdro? I thought you were sooooo right yesterday. See why I asked for proof now?
    Dont get too excited just yet. There are conflicting reports on whether there will or wont be a change to his contract. As of LaCanfora's report last night he announced that at the time no change was made to the contract. Today or tomorrow after the press conference, the Vikes will have to file with the league office any changes to the contract.

    While I would love to believe that he is just coming back cuz the 'guys' came to visit, something tells me he is going to get a couple extra mil for the latest retirement dance. I do not blame the Vikes for giving it to him either, because without the Favre we do not have a chance of getting to Dallas.
    It has never been about the money with Favre.
    I agree ... the money was a mistake by the Vikings FO.

    Simply enough ... if he was going to play, it had nothing to do with more money.

    At this point though ... he would be a complete moron to say, nah ... I don't want 7 million extra dollars.
    If money wasn't a part of it, Favre would honor the contract he signed a year ago for $13 mil.

    If a new contract is drawn up, the old one discarded & he makes more money, then certainly money played a big part in it. Especially when Favre was still waffling when the 3 players went down to entice him to play.

    I wouldn't be opposed to giving him $13 mil for the season & upping that with an additional $7 mil incentive IF we win the SB.
    Sounds like he could be paid as much a 28 million dollars this year between the deferred compensation and incentives.

    To give you an idea of what that would buy the team 28 million x 40 years = 1.120 billion dollars (Feel free to post the Dr Evil 1 billion dollars picture from google) which would build them a new stadium taxpayer free.


    IMHO for that kind of money we could have left him on the farm, beefed up the OL and hired some better coaches :woohoo:
    That addition 8 mil was 2 payments owing on last years contract that was paid in Feb and March.....so whether Favre comeback or not it was still paid out and has no bearing on anything.

    Now the new contract that is out there, not signed, not approved by the NFL or NFLPA yet could get Favre the other 20 mil if the Vikes win a SB.

    LINK

    Now what is the value that is placed on Favre marketing vs the stuggling to fend off TV blackouts of 2 years ago which even affected the home playoff game against the Eagles.

    As far as beefing up the OL there is no salary cap the team was and is free to beef away other than the rule restrictions that were placed on the final 4 teams from last years playoffs regarding free agents.

  9. #149
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re:Favre is cumming... back!!

    Caine wrote:
    BloodyHorns82 wrote:
    singersp wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    singersp wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro and Singer reported missing.
    Child please! You must have missed several posts I've made stating I'd welcome him back, but I know you didn't.

    Glad he's back, but not so glad the Vikings had to go there and coerce him back. That tells me a couple of things;

    1. He was given the green light to play by Andrews last week, but was still waffling.

    2. Favre did not decide to play or come up to MN on his own accord. Zygi had 3 teamm mates/friends fly down there to entice him back/sway his decision. IMO, that means he's not totally 100% enthusiastic about playing & it may show on the field.

    I'm sure the Favreaholics will twist this into something it's not.
    or he met with Andrews on Monday, which actually happened, got the green light, and wanted to fuck with the media more like what has been going on this whole time. Did you actually listen to the words that have come out of Chillys, Longwell, and Allens mouths this whole time? Comical IMO. Favre is a grown man. He does not seem like the type to be swayed.
    and looks like I am right again. Surprise, surprise.

    “I think that was just for show,” Berrian told hosts Rich Gannon and Adam Schein. “The three teammates going out there…Jared, Longwell and Hutch going out there had no influence on Brett coming back this season.”
    http://thevikingage.com/2010/08/18/bernard-berrian-says-hutchinson-allen-longwell-trip-was-just-for-show/
    1. Right about what? You never said what the 3 went down there for. You said "Marrdro and Singer reported missing".

    2. Berrian started off by saying "I think..." (enough said)

    3. You are believing what a player & the media are saying again & not waiting to hear it from the horses (Favre's) mouth). Hypocrite! You claimed you didn't do that.

    4. Only those with blind love for Favre, Favresexuals/Favreaholics to be exact, would believe that 3 players, not 1, not someone from the FO or Wilf himself, but 3 players, were taken out of daily practices & flown down there on Wilf's private jet, only to get a yes or no out of him.

    Those of us with a clue
    , like myself, who want Favre back this year, but aren't blinded with love for Favre & know he is human, not God & comes with faults, know wxactly wht the 3 players went down there for. To entice him & get him to commit to coming back.
    Actually the horses mouth(Favre) did say they only came down to get a yes or no answer.


    Actual quote from the story relayed by Favre:

    "We need an answer, yes or no," they told Favre. "We're either going home with you or moving on without you."
    And "Those of us with a clue"? Come on Singer...you can make posts without putting yourself on pedestal. You're above that.
    ....yeah...he's above that because he's on that pedestal....

    DOH!!!

    Caine
    LOL! You are the ones putting yourselves on pedastals. I'm vestrying to pull you back down to earth. (reality)

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  10. #150
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re:Favre is cumming... back!!

    marstc09 wrote:

    3. Yes I believe players quotes. What does the media have to do with it? Typical Singer Spinner.[/quote]

    Mmmm, yes & no. I don't need to spin that.

    You believe players quotes & the media when it's positive about Favre.

    You don't believe players quotes or the media when it's negative about Favre.

    You believe players quotes or the media when it's negative about TJ.

    You don't believe players quotes & the media when it's positive about TJ.

    That's exactly how you roll.

    You didn't believe players quotes when them claimed Favre texted them & was retiring, but you are believing them now.

    If you believe players quotes & even moreso Favre's, then you HAVE to believe Favre has given football his all & has nothing left to give.



    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kACbVGsWN74

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Similar Threads

  1. MOVED: FAVRE WILL BE BACK!
    By None in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-21-2010, 08:03 PM
  2. Team wants Favre back
    By Webby in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 219
    Last Post: 04-03-2010, 06:50 AM
  3. Favre back to work?
    By singersp in forum Trash the Pack
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-06-2008, 09:33 PM
  4. Does anyone want Favre back???????
    By FavreSucks! in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 04-26-2006, 12:57 AM
  5. Favre coming back
    By Redmption in forum Trash the Pack
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 03-23-2006, 11:32 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •