Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Favre: "All I ask for is respect"

How many teams have a QB that they can truly call a franchise QB?
    A handful.
    If you have the luxury of having one on your team you milk them until they fall into retirement hell.
    It's that simple.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    A handful.
    If you have the luxury of having one on your team you milk them until they fall into retirement hell.
    It's that simple.
    He is old and washed up. Not to mention he has a noodle arm.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

"marstc09" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    A handful.
    It's that simple.
    Don't forget egomanaic, only interested in revenge, money and not a team player.....and waffler, can't even decide on buying a TV at Sears

Don't know if this was posted here already, but even if so, it deserves a repost in this thread.

[size=13pt]Brett Favre Avenges Storied 16-Year Career With Packers[/size]

November 5, 2009. Onion Sports

GREEN BAY, WI—Brett Favre beat the Green Bay Packers on Sunday for the second time this season, his decisive 38-26 victory exacting some small measure of revenge for the adulation and hero worship heaped upon him by the city of Green Bay and the entire state of Wisconsin for the better part of two decades.....

Thought it was some pretty funny stuff.

"singersp" wrote:
    I totally disagree with this. Because Favre is playing well, Thompson made a bad decision? I still think that it was the right decision to go with Aaron. I've explained that tons of times already, as well. I dare to say that we got lucky and got 2 franchise QBs in a row. The talent around them, however, is totally different. So is the experience.
    "You can look pretty smart if you have a knack for planning ahead. That's Ted. The Packers are in good hands." - Ron Wolf

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"marstc09" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    A handful.
    It's that simple.

Fuck LNAD

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Rockmolder" wrote:
    Don't know if this was posted here already, but even if so, it deserves a repost in this thread.

GREEN BAY, WI—Brett Favre beat the Green Bay Packers on Sunday for the second time this season, his decisive 38-26 victory exacting some small measure of revenge for the adulation and hero worship heaped upon him by the city of Green Bay and the entire state of Wisconsin for the better part of two decades.....

"singersp" wrote:
    I totally disagree with this. Because Favre is playing well, Thompson made a bad decision? I still think that it was the right decision to go with Aaron. I've explained that tons of times already, as well. I dare to say that we got lucky and got 2 franchise QBs in a row. The talent around them, however, is totally different. So is the experience.
    Yes, they made the right decision. Can you imagine what shape Brett would be in right now if he had taken the number of hits AR has taken? He would be retired already for the ( ) time.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"Rockmolder" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

I agree

It's not like Rodgers is playing bad or anything

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Rockmolder" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:
    Yes, they made the right decision. Can you imagine what shape Brett would be in right now if he had taken the number of hits AR has taken? He would be retired already for the ( ) time.
    I doubt that he'd have taken all those hits. Rodgers tend to hold on to the ball if nothing develops. It usually results in just losses of 2 yards or something, but he gets another hit on him. And those 2 yards can be quite an inconvenience later on.

Brett, on the other hand, gets the ball out fast. Sees the gaps and seams on the blitzes. I'm confident Rodgers will, as well, on one day, but right now, he's just not there yet on most plays. (Have to give him credit for some quick hits, though. DD TD against the Browns for instance).

Favre needs to get hit a little more or his late season collapse might not even happen this year...
    "You can look pretty smart if you have a knack for planning ahead. That's Ted. The Packers are in good hands." - Ron Wolf

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234