Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 29
  1. #11
    JWalkRulz84 is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    122

    Favre admits that they needed help last year to get into the

    Whoa there.

    Yes, Playoff entry is determined by cumulative record of each team during the regular season and each game counts just as much as the last.

    However, there is a large difference in starting slow and finishing strong that starting strong and finishing slow.

    You must read between the lines and not just look at the cumulative record. When going in to the Playoffs, it is imperative to play your best football and peak towards the playoffs. The Packers are a team that plays stronger towards the second half of the season.

    Im sorry, but having a losing streak going in to the playoffs is sliding in to the Playoffs. I dont give a shit less if a team needs help to get in to the Playoffs or not...How can you possibly say that a team that was in the division race to the end backed in to the playoffs? Now thats being stupid.
    [img:ebda3835f6]http://graphics.jsonline.com/graphics/packer/img/insider/wallpaper/111504/walk640.jpg[/img:ebda3835f6]

  2. #12
    GBMiah is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    145

    Favre admits that they needed help last year to get into the

    Wow, thought this topic would be dead. But since we swept the Vikes, things like this are needed to be rehashed.

    No shit we needed help to get in, thats what ALL GB fans were thinking going into the final game; We needed help, we needed certain teams to lose in order for us to get in. This is common knowledge, so whats your point?

    And for that matter how did we back in to the playoffs last year? Did we somehow cause you TO LOSE TO THE CARDINALS? Thereby backing ourselves in? No, what happened was the Vikes BACKED OUT of the playoff's. We backed into the playoff's because you controlled your own destiney and couldnt win, You eliminated yourselves and the slot then fell to us. Besides, we proved the right team got in by going as far as we did.

    What we have here this year is CLEARLY the Vikes backing into the playoff's. You LOSE your final game yet still manage to get a slot. You backed in, nuff said. Just read all the press about the Vikes, most of the headlines have the words "backed in" in them somewhere. Last year the only people and media that even remotely said we backed in was the Minnesota and Chicago media. odd...
    Inhale it. Savor it. Drink with your eyes and taste with every fiber of your flesh, revelations come through experience.

  3. #13
    fan4favre is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    256

    Favre admits that they needed help last year to get into the

    "VKG4LFE" wrote:
    "JWalkRulz84" wrote:
    there is a difference between backing in to the playoffs and needing help to get in to the playoffs. we could have finished 10-6, winning our last 4 games and not getting in to the playoffs last season. you guys lost 7 out of your last 10 and finished 8-8. thats the difference.

    i admit we needed help to get in to the playoffs which was bullshit to begin with simply because both the pack and vikes destroyed seattle. however we certainly did not back in to the playoffs and if you ask any packer player about backing in to the playoffs, they would say it wasnt the case last season.

    winning your last 4 contests and finishing 10-6 isn't backing in to the playoffs, as much as you guys think it is, it isnt.
    Yeah, beating Denver's 4th stringers last year was pretty tough to get into the playoffs wasn't it!
    Losing the game in the final minutes to Arizona's offensive starters was equivalent to Denver's backups. Difference is the Pack won. Get used to the idea that the Vikings will always be the classic choke cliche.

  4. #14
    GBMiah is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    145

    Favre admits that they needed help last year to get into the

    "Caine" wrote:
    "JWalkRulz84" wrote:
    there is a difference between backing in to the playoffs and needing help to get in to the playoffs. we could have finished 10-6, winning our last 4 games and not getting in to the playoffs last season. you guys lost 7 out of your last 10 and finished 8-8. thats the difference.

    i admit we needed help to get in to the playoffs which was bullshit to begin with simply because both the pack and vikes destroyed seattle. however we certainly did not back in to the playoffs and if you ask any packer player about backing in to the playoffs, they would say it wasnt the case last season.

    winning your last 4 contests and finishing 10-6 isn't backing in to the playoffs, as much as you guys think it is, it isnt.
    The difference is semantic.

    Fact is, had we NOT lost the last game last season, Green Bay was sitting home. You had just as many opportunities to win as we did - and do every year - but didn't do it when it counted enough to control your own fate. In short, you backed in to the Play-Offs.

    This year, we slid in the same way. We needed somone else to lose for us to get in...just like you last season.

    How you got to that point is immaterial. Citing your final games as the judging criteria is pretty convenient...how about looking at the first 5 instead? Let's make THAT the criteria.

    Fact is, neither one is. It's based upon the entire season. And, last season Green Bay didn't get it done on their own...just like the Vikes this year.

    So, as much as you may not like hearing it...You BACKED IN to the Play-Offs last season.

    Caine

    Fact is.. Fact is.. Fact is.. What are you? He bestows the title of fact on everything?

    "It's based upon the entire season". Thats the most sense you've made in this entire thread. The entire season last year said we went 10-6, and the entire season last year said you went 9-7. Regardless of wether it was decided in the last week or not, or depended on certain outcomes is moot by your own reasonings. Therefore nobody backed any which damn way. It just is what is. Vikes lost, they went home. Pack won they went on. End of discussion.
    Inhale it. Savor it. Drink with your eyes and taste with every fiber of your flesh, revelations come through experience.

  5. #15
    ItalianStallion's Avatar
    ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,615

    Favre admits that they needed help last year to get into the

    I got a question, if the Packers lose on sunday will it be considered a choke? I should hope so...


    I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

  6. #16
    GBMiah is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    145

    Favre admits that they needed help last year to get into the

    That depends, how certain are you that the Pack will win?

    I think we'll win, but Im not so confident that I will be absolutely shocked. The Vikes might look like shizzit but they've always made me nervous.
    Inhale it. Savor it. Drink with your eyes and taste with every fiber of your flesh, revelations come through experience.

  7. #17
    Vikestand's Avatar
    Vikestand is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    801

    Favre admits that they needed help last year to get into the

    Anytime Mr. Favre is back there at QB and they lose its an upset.....Right fellla's.....wooo hooo


    By Pack93z

    "Success is the ability to go from one failure to the other with no loss of enthusiasm"-Sir Winston Churchill

  8. #18
    LosAngelis's Avatar
    LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,735

    Favre admits that they needed help last year to get into the

    A) As I went to the Denver game last year, I went in fully prepared to be out of the playoffs. We had a bunch of scenarios that would get us into the playoffs. All of them feel through, and we needed the impossible to happen to get in. Obviously, you know it did, and it was the biggest surprise and loudest cheer I've heard at Lambeau Field.

    I think I understand the original purpose of this post. If the title was "Al Harris admits they needed help last year", it really wouldn't matter, but because Favre admits it, its a big deal and somehow, a chink in his armor.

    I guess I'm not sure what the deal is. There were five teams the last week of this year still "in it", only two of which controlled their own destiny. That was the Packers last year, and you guys this year.

    I'd be more surprised if Favre would DENY we needed help last year. I'm just a little surprised why its a big deal.

    B) Yes, it would be a major choke job. On paper, it seems that everything is going the Packer way. That's what worries me.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

    Welcome to the NFC North.

  9. #19
    Caine's Avatar
    Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,139

    Favre admits that they needed help last year to get into the

    "GBMiah" wrote:
    Wow, thought this topic would be dead. But since we swept the Vikes, things like this are needed to be rehashed.

    No shit we needed help to get in, thats what ALL GB fans were thinking going into the final game; We needed help, we needed certain teams to lose in order for us to get in. This is common knowledge, so whats your point?

    And for that matter how did we back in to the playoffs last year? Did we somehow cause you TO LOSE TO THE CARDINALS? Thereby backing ourselves in? No, what happened was the Vikes BACKED OUT of the playoff's. We backed into the playoff's because you controlled your own destiney and couldnt win, You eliminated yourselves and the slot then fell to us. Besides, we proved the right team got in by going as far as we did.

    What we have here this year is CLEARLY the Vikes backing into the playoff's. You LOSE your final game yet still manage to get a slot. You backed in, nuff said. Just read all the press about the Vikes, most of the headlines have the words "backed in" in them somewhere. Last year the only people and media that even remotely said we backed in was the Minnesota and Chicago media. odd...
    Ok, using your logic, did we CAUSE Carolina to lose? Nope. According to you, that means we went in "Full Steam Ahead".

    What we have this year is CLEARLY a case of Packer fans wanting to shade the truth to fit their own conception of their teams superiority.

    Face it, we BOTH backed in - you last year, us this year.

    Who cares HOW it happened - who cares if you peaked early or late - fact is, the time to peak is NOW...not last week, not next week, NOW. Ignoring the early part of the season because it makes your team better is blatantly selective on your part. Truth is, had we NOT come out strong, we wouldn't be where we are today...but we did. Had you not ended strong, sasme thing. Who's better? We'll find out Sunday, won't we (Vikings).

    All the semantics and BS aside, why is it so hard for you guys to swallow the fact that the Packers aren't the dominant power in the NFC...and haven't been for awhile. You've slipped and slid into the Play-offs for the last two seasons (Although, this year was a bit better on your part), and the decline shows signs of getting WORSE.

    We, on the flip side, have been scrambling like hell just to MAKE the Play-Offs, and we're a Defense away from a great team (yeah, yeah, so are you...hope we get one first...).

    And LOS:

    "Los Angelis" wrote:
    I think I understand the original purpose of this post. If the title was "Al Harris admits they needed help last year", it really wouldn't matter, but because Favre admits it, its a big deal and somehow, a chink in his armor.
    The reason for the title was to give the statement the ONLY kind of credibility that most Packer fans accept...and even now they fight it. It really ISN'T a big deal...but some of them would like it to be...

    Caine

  10. #20
    sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,321

    Favre admits that they needed help last year to get into the

    The Packers were not in control of their playoff destiny going into week 17 of last year. They needed help and they got it.

    The Vikings were in control of their playoff destiny going into week 17 of this year. When they lost, they needed help and they got it.

    There is nothing more to it.

    I think what both sides are arguing here is whether the Packers of last year or the Vikings of this year are the bigger playoff fraud. Neither is true...both deserved to make the playoffs based on records and tiebreakers, and both did.

    I hated seeing the Vikes lose in week 17 last year. I hated even more coming to this board that I had been coming to all season long, only to see Packer fans appear out of nowhere and post pictures of the Poole catch and Vince Lombardi trophies to rub in our faces. But like the saying goes, some days you get the bear some days the bear gets you. Right now all that matters is how the game is played this coming Sunday.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Favre admits he could have run vs. Saints
    By Marrdro in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-04-2010, 02:37 PM
  2. Youth Favre Jersey needed - CHEAP
    By BackwoodsBall in forum Tix & Such
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-03-2009, 11:31 AM
  3. Replies: 56
    Last Post: 07-31-2008, 03:25 PM
  4. Favre admits. Packers suck
    By Prophet in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 09-13-2006, 09:24 AM
  5. Favre admits to cheating
    By cajunvike in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-04-2005, 07:00 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •