Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    NDVikingFan66 is offline Team Alumni

Favorite Vikings Moment

I cant say as I have just one, but like many of us, I grew up with the vikes because dad was a vikes fan.
    Sadly, he is no longer with us, but I will never forget the Sunday afternoons watching the Vikes on TV.
    Even mom joined us, and she admittedly hated football, but knew it was what we did.
    Sundays were a ritual.
    Get up, go to church, enjoy breakfast/brunch, and turn on the Vikes.
    Nothing came in the way of that.

I miss those moments, and I miss my dad and his best friend.
    Cancer took the life of both of them, but not before they instilled purple pride in me.

So, what is your favorite vikings moment?

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Favorite Vikings Moment

Sad intro, sorry about your parents.

I really don't have a favorite moment.
    Liked going to all the games when I lived in those parts, enjoyed freezing my ass off at the old stadium and watching the opposing teams come out of their locker room when the weather was harsh.
    Bud Grant didn't allow heaters on the sidelines, that was my favorite.
    I also enjoyed watching him stand on the sidelines when it was below 0 with a windbreaker on and acting like it didn't phase him.
    Too many good memories with the Vikes really, don't feel like typing them all out.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

NDVikingFan66 is offline Team Alumni

I should clarify, my mom is still with us, and we still watch the Vikes on Sundays when we together.
    My dads best friend was also a Vikes fan, and I often refer to him as my "second" dad

I loved the no heaters thing also.....it was great.....

Grant was stoic....and awesome

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

I have a lot of good Viking memories, but I guess one of them would be going to my first game in 98.
    Watching the Vikes thump on the Bungles and not being able to hear on my way home because the Dome was rocking all 4 quarter.

Sorry about your parents NDVikingFan66.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

To many to exactly remember or that I can recall.

I do have some good memories of Joey Browner laying people out.

Dolemans Interception at Tampa in 1992 I think.
    My first Vikings Game Live.

Chris Carter.
    How can you pick one out.
    Maybe his 1000th catch.

If I was to pick a favorite moment it would be:

October 19, 2003, Denver vs Minnesota at the Dome.

My first game in the Dome.
    Wildwoman and I traveled up to see the game.
    All of that in itself would have been great but to see Moss toss the ball to Moe over his head, no look was awesome.

What a sight to see my friends.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

HornedHat is offline Asst. Coach

Funny how I can remember the bad ones better. Seems to have been more of em; however, beating Dan Marino/Don Shula in a shootout with Warren Moon touchs my heart. I always hated how the Fins seemed to get the calls their way. Shula was on the competition committee for something like 50 years, and the refs must have liked him, cause they were the least penalized team in the NFL. You know, and I know, that if the refs choose to, they could call offensive holding on just about any play, especially on pass blocking. There is always some kind of holding going on. This game was no different. Both teams were chucking the ball, but we had penalty after penalty called on us while the Fins had nada, zip, zero penalties. Somehow, we managed to overcome both the Fins and the Refs for a victory. I can't remember the exact final score, but think it was something like 48-45.

HornedHat is offline Asst. Coach

And O yeah, the no look toss from Moss to Moe is my favorite single play. One of the few that are positive highlights on late night NFL network viewings.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

no game better ever than moss's first year, monday night football. moss streaking across the television screen repeatedly catching pass after pass for mega yards and touchdowns against the pride of green bay, the fudge packers.
    two minute tommie had a few good moments also.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Odin VAVikefan is offline Pro-Bowler

I cannot remember what season it was (99? 2000?), but the Cowboys - Vikings game at the dome. Throughout the first half, Emmitt Smith absolutely destroyed us on two runs and the Cowboys were beating us by like 17-20 points at the half. Jeff George (!) managed to rally us early in the first half, and we slowly crawled back into the game. The best part of all was Cris Carter catching the TD pass that put us in the lead despite the cannon guy getting overexcited and blasting the thing off next to Carter before he even caught the ball! In good seasons and bad, the Vikes have never really had a reputation as a comeback team at all, but that night we absolutely dominated in the second half and took the W. That was also the game that Jerry Ball concussed Troy Aikman (who never recovered that season and retired shortly after).
    NMA -- www.newmodelarmy.org

Benet is offline Star Spokesman

My favourite Vikings moment has to be the first (and to date, only) game I have seen in the Metrodome. 2003 against the Seahawks; 3rd-and-10 from the Seahawks 45 yard line.. Culpepper drops back and BOMBS it to Randy Moss in-stride running straight towards me and the endzone.

(I would have said the 46 yard TD in the second quarter, but that was in the endzone the opposite end of the field to me).

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast