Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    dbalke10 is offline Training Camp

FAT PAT'S attitude...

Pat said in the Star/Tribune that the Reuben Droughns is nothing to worry about... The question is that I can't decide if I am glad to finally hear somebody from our defense talk smack, or if it is empty posturing that will get somebody fired up to kick our behinds. This is out of character for our defense and I'm hoping that it signals a change of attitude within our ENTIRE defense. Thoughts?

http://www.startribune.com/stories/510/5745930.html

"A week after Green Bay running back Samkon Gado rushed for 103 yards against Atlanta, he managed 7 yards on 10 carries against the Vikings. So pardon nose tackle Pat Williams if he doesn't seem concerned about the next running back the Vikings will face.

Cleveland's Reuben Droughns has rushed for at least 100 yards in two of his past three games, including a 166-yard effort last week in the Browns' 22-0 victory over Miami. But the Vikings have given up an average of 75.6 rushing yards during their past six games, and Williams said of Droughns: "We'll stop him, too."

"We're not worried about their back," added Williams, whose team will face Droughns on Sunday at the Metrodome. "We're not worried about Droughns. They've got to worry about us. So I'm not worried. I don't care what they do the week before.

"It's just like we didn't worry about that back they had down in Green Bay. What's his name? I don't know. I didn't worry about him, either. It doesn't matter. We're not the Falcons. We're not the Dolphins, either. We're a whole different front.""
    Most football teams are temperamental.That s 90% temper and 10% mental.
    --Doug Plank

JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

Re: FAT PAT'S attitude...

Last time I remember someone publicly talking trash about Cleveland prior to the game was the Pepto Bismol incident last year when Cincinatti's Chad Johnson sent all the Cleveland DB's pepto bismol. I believe he caught 3 passes for 34 yards on the day.
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

SWAYZE74 is offline Starter

i wouldnt want to run at P-Wil...not sure how good ruben is at goin to the outside but...even at that, P-Wil has chased some dudes down to the outside...im soo happy we got Fat-Pat...

peace...
    peace...

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

"JDogg926" wrote:
    Last time I remember someone publicly talking trash about Cleveland prior to the game was the Pepto Bismol incident last year when Cincinatti's Chad Johnson sent all the Cleveland DB's pepto bismol. I believe he caught 3 passes for 34 yards on the day.
    The difference between chad and pat is that the Browns have no choice but to rush at Pat if they want a successful running game. If Chad isn't catching the balls or if he's not getting passes then he isn't gonna have a good game.

scottishvike is offline Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries

I'm not sure trash-talking the opposition before a game is such a good idea. Did Fred Smoot not try it on with Steve Smith, and we all know what happened there.

Tanner_QBRB8 is offline Pro-Bowler

Fat Pat had better destroy Ruben Drounghs or he and the rest of the Vikings community will be pretty embarrased

SamDawg84 Guest

Pat is right. No way does he do anything this game!

SamDawg84 Guest

We pretty much held Tiki in check.. Didn't let him get anything big except for that long pass.. Held both Packer backs to under 25 yards.. I think we can destroy the Browns line and Ruebun!

I dont think Phat Pat was talking smack really, he was just saying he doesnt like being compared to other teams and he thinks he will be able to stop their rush. He wasnt trashing cleavland or anything.

amth is offline Starter

"SamDawg84" wrote:
    We pretty much held Tiki in check.. Didn't let him get anything big except for that long pass.. Held both Packer backs to under 25 yards.. I think we can destroy the Browns line and Ruebun!

HAHAHAHAHAH did u watch that game?

tiki had 111 yard receiving and 95 yards rushing 1 td and 4.1 yards avg

if thats keeping him in check WOW

Fat Pat needs to shut up, shoot off all u want in the locker room but why oh why give the opposing team extra fuel

another reason tice should be fird, u dont here teams like steelers, pats, cowboys etc shooting there mouths off, its called being a well coached and discplined team
    it sucks being u, but its great being me

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast