Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fason's Injury

TWill19 is offline Rookie

Re: Fason's Injury

I too had a high anke sprain and the doctor told me not to walk on it for 6 weeks. I walked on it after 1 week and it still hasn't healed properly. That was last winter.

Anyway...I agree with slackers. It will be a 4-5 week injury. But atleast that is all it is.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

But are you guys finely tuned athletes?

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

TWill19 is offline Rookie

Mewelde had a high ankle sprain last year. Remember how long it took him? Wasn't it 4 weeks or something?

cc21 is offline Ring of Fame

Lets hope he has a speedy recovery. He looks like he has a chance to be a real good back in this league.

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

I had a level 2 ankle sprain...Doc told me anywhere from 1 day to 30 days...I walked like 2 days later, but it didnt heal properly and i get pain and stiff-ness in it. So this isnt a injury you wanna rush back to fast. I'd say 3-4 weeks, a Max of 5.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

UkViking is offline Rookie

Look forward to seeing Fason throughout this campaign,sounds like he has a big Viking future.
    Fly the colour Purple,and fly it high!

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"natethegreat" wrote:
    get well soon ciatic, we may need you have way through the season if bennett keeps sucking
    Ciatic? Isn't that a nerve? :lol:

Anyway...it's good it wasn't worse. The first thing I thought of was ACL or something like that. High ankle sprains suck, but in the food chain of serious injuries that's relatively low.

BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni

"fred3105" wrote:
    Not sure if it has been posted or not.

Fason has a high ankle sprain and will miss 2-3weeks.
    That's bad news for our running back corps, depth-wise.

Speaking of Fason, what kind of a name is Ciatrick, anyway? That's one of the weirdest names I've ever heard, real or otherwise. Did he make up his last name, too? I can't determine the origin of "Fason" either.

P.S. In case one of you tries to pull a Stephen A. Smith on me, keep in mind that white people make up names, too - i.e. skier Bode Miller, Frank Zappa's kids, Moon Unit & Dweezil, some people I know who watched Top Gun too many times and named their kid "Maverick," & Apple, the future idiot daughter of idiot actress Gwyneth Paltrow. Although I don't actually want to bring this "issue" up, I feel I have to because people often get so confrontational about this and try to make it a racial issue. It's not. It's an issue involving children and their self-esteem. How would you feel if you were a kid who had to live with people ridiculing your name? If you don't take your child's name seriously, your kids may have to face that problem. Or maybe not. Pretty soon the kids with NORMAL names will be the weird ones. In closing, a kid's name is not an artistic statement. You are naming a person, not a dog, fictional character, or (God forbid) a work of art. Keep this in mind, m'kay?

"This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

ColoradoVike is offline Pro-Bowler

A good question indeed. Here's what I turned up at http://baby-names.yeahbaby.com/baby.php?name=Ciatrick:

Meaning of the name Ciatrick:
    All baby names have meanings, even the name Ciatrick. Some name meanings come from thousands of years ago, some are more recent, and some names may have meanings in multiple origins. Below you will find the name meanings for the name Ciatrick for each origin.

Irish meaning of the boys name Ciatrick:

* combined variation of Patrick and Ciar, patron saint
    ==
    As for Fason, there could be more than what I turned up, but I scored big on google with it being an Italian surname: http://www.houseofnames.com/xq/asp/s.fason/Origin.IT/sId./qx/coatofarms_details.htm

But ancestry.com indicates that some Fasons lived in North carolina back in the 1840s. This would pre-date the emigration of people in Italy. Hmmmm.

Tough call. Ancestry.com also suggests that Fason is: "an Americanized form of English, Dutch, or French Faisant ‘pheasant’, either a metonymic occupational name for a breeder of pheasants or a nickname for someone who was thought to resemble the bird. Faisant is found as a surname of Old French origin in Middle English, but is not found in present-day Britain."

Irish and Italian? Or perhaps English or French in Origin? MAybe the guy's family is Catholic. Maybe we need to write him and ask more about the origin and what not. He won't be practicing for at least a couple of weeks, maybe he will respond.

As for made up names, I remember in college (Go GOPHERS!) I had a classmate named Happy Thanksgiving. I kid you not. That was her name. She was born to hippies on, yes, you guessed it: thanksgiving. I'd think it would be hard to be taken seriously with that name. I think it would bring new challenges to finding employment.

Also, in highschool, there was another zinger of a name. I was born in the 70s during a detente in the Coldwar, but that didn't stop some people from being freaked out. In homeroom, I sat behind a fella with the last name "Threat." His parents named him Soviet Threat.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12