Thread: FASON

DaunteHOF is offline Coach

Re: FASON

give the ball to Moore
    Its not braggin if you can do it!!!

MensaTice is offline Star Spokesman

"TWill19" wrote:
    I hate to say this because I love MeMo and Fason...but four words...

Laurence Maroney
    DeAngelo WIlliams
    Wow, week one barely in the books and we're talking about next years RB draft class. Our backfield is fine if the line can play like they have something between their legs. And speaking of next years draft, I'd take any of those Ohio State LBs over a RB. Those guys played like crazed animals on Saturday.

[color=red]

UTVikfan is offline Coordinator

OH I KNOW, I KNOW. Lets start another running back, cause the new one will light the world on fire. And this is Muchluv's idea, and he is smart about football.

Ummmm, remember the preseason games? Bennett didn't do good for two games....that was everyones battle cry. Bennett (gasp, cry's of horror and I told you so) got a little tweak. What was it that happened?

Oh shoot, thats right, your man Mwelde went in there, with a chance to possibly secure the job, and what? OH WHAT? He did just as bad as Bennett, because backs don't run without holes, and got injured.

Week 1, lets start that battle cry again. Great idea, it didn't work last time, but maybe he will get lucky this time. GOODNESS.

vikingian is offline Waterboy

They gotta stick with the running game...don't give up no matter how many times DC drops the ball/throws interceptions...geez, they were never really down by more than one score most of the game last sunday. Commit to the run a little moore,(hint) and the passing lanes and zones will open up...but Tice/Loney have to be patient and stop panicking looking to air it out so soon. Don't be afraid to hurt some D-Linemen and linebackers with the ball in Kleinsasser's hands either. Pound the ball for a while, then next thing you know, Wiggy is rumbling to 15 yard gains...Opposing defenses are easily prepared for us as they know 90% of the time, the ball is in the air. Just my .02 cents.
    Rather be rusty than dusty

Tice has said a lot since the game Sunday that they have to stick with the run more. That is good news but it also scares me a little for a couple of reasons. If the line can't block, which i don't think will be the case, but if they can't and our backs can't go anywhere, sticking to the run will just stall our offense. Also, Tice might get too stubborn and completely abandon letting Daunte make plays, just so he can get the number of runs up. The bottom line is we need to run more and obviously more effective. Everyone has an answer for who should get the carries but I don't care who has the ball as long as we shove down the defense's throat, and that all starts with the line.

[color=red]

mnvikes61 is offline Team Alumni

well we have to try and run the ball, not give up on it after 10+ carries. i hope we try and run more out of the I and just run it down the opponents throat. let our o-line get more on the offensive instead of pass blocking 3/4 of the game. either run out of the I or put 2 TEs on the line and try and run in that way.

Thanks Josdin

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman

If you can't dominate in the run game, then you have to adjust. There are other ways to have a running game when you are not that dominate offensively. Screens, flair passes, Traps, and draws are just some things they can do to enhance a poor running game. It also helps if the defense is a little unsure. I have seen high school OC call a better game, let's hope it is just first day jitters and his play calling will improve!!!

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

lukeshkin is offline Rookie

never thought i'd miss onterio so much...

losing Onterio hurts but the backs we have are more than capable. If there aren't any holes, let Jimmy K lead the way and make a hole.

[color=red]

Prophet Guest

I say give the ball to any of the RBs. When you only have 12 rushing attempts from the RB corps it doesn't matter who is carrying the pigskin, it's tough to get into a groove when the most carries any RB got during the game was six.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast