Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FASON

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

Re: FASON

Man guys we gotta get this running game going. We need to have a balanced attack. This worries me alot. Im not gonna see woulda shoulda coulda, but I was one of the people on here who was high on draftin a RB with the 7th pick...Idk...Lotta question marks on this running game right now. :/

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

mnvikes61 is offline Team Alumni

"muchluv4smoot" wrote:
    "akvikefan89" wrote:
    Memo sprained his ankle on a kick return. Nothing serious, but it put him out for the game. I think C4 is also recovering from an ankle injury...

That doesn't explain much, because mewelde hurt his ankle in the 4th quarter, yet I don't remember him getting even 1 snap in the first 3 quarters. Tice just has no clue when it comes to RB's.

Also, mewelde's injury wasn't serious at all and he is expected to play against cinci, although that is what we heard going into the Tampa game too.
    hey smoot did Fason get a single carry in the game? i don't remeber but i don't think he did. we did give up on the run early in that game though. do you Fason could/should be our feature back, seems like he has the most guts out of all our rbs, he came back from that injury really fast. what do you think?

Thanks Josdin

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"mnvikes61" wrote:
    "muchluv4smoot" wrote:
    "akvikefan89" wrote:
    Memo sprained his ankle on a kick return. Nothing serious, but it put him out for the game. I think C4 is also recovering from an ankle injury...

That doesn't explain much, because mewelde hurt his ankle in the 4th quarter, yet I don't remember him getting even 1 snap in the first 3 quarters. Tice just has no clue when it comes to RB's.

Also, mewelde's injury wasn't serious at all and he is expected to play against cinci, although that is what we heard going into the Tampa game too.
    hey smoot did Fason get a single carry in the game? i don't remeber but i don't think he did. we did give up on the run early in that game though. do you Fason could/should be our feature back, seems like he has the most guts out of all our rbs, he came back from that injury really fast. what do you think?

It's to really tell is fason is ready or not. In his preseason play he seemd to cutback on every single run. Maybe that was because we couldn't open up a hole where we were suppose to, but I know that if he is in there against the top D players from our opponents, those cutbacks aren't gonna work very often.

I'd work him in very slowly with a few carries here and there and see how he handles himself. If he shows he can play and pickup blitzes(which seems to be very important now with the way our O-line is blocking), then he will deserve more PT. I honestly don't see him starting at all this year though, unless we have both mewelde and bennett out with injuries, which isn't a long shot I guess. Tice would still then probably give the nob to moe and work fason in during the game.

I'd be happy with Mewelde starting and giving a few carries here and there to fason. Whatever we do, we need to stop giving Bennett the most touches of all our RB's, because he seems to be the least effective IMO, with exception of screen passes.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Minnesota--- Rush--- Yds--- Avg--- Lng--- TD--- FumL
    M. Williams ---6 ------15 ----2.5 ----9 ------0 -----0
    D. Culpepper -4 -----12 -----3.0 ----10 ----0 -----2
    M. Bennett ----6 ------1 ------0.2 ----3 -----0 -----0

Here is our rushing...eek!

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

Makes me sick to my stomach to look at that chart...Lets hope it was First game Gitters and Tice and CO get this ground game figured out...asap!

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

mnvikes61 is offline Team Alumni

was Fason still injuried during the game vs the bucs? i really don't understand why we wouldn't have at least given him at least a couple of carries in the game. nobody else was doing anything, but i guess since we gave up on the run so quickly we weren't even considering running the ball espically with a rookie. that makes no sense though :???:

Thanks Josdin

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"mnvikes61" wrote:
    was Fason still injuried during the game vs the bucs? i really don't understand why we wouldn't have at least given him at least a couple of carries in the game. nobody else was doing anything, but i guess since we gave up on the run so quickly we weren't even considering running the ball espically with a rookie. that makes no sense though :???:

Fason was healthy, but we just stuck it out with Moe, because he was old reliable and we needed that in there when we were struggling, according to Loney's interview today at least. I think it would have made more sense to play fason and mewelde a little to try and get a spark from one of them and get our offense and running game going.

TWill19 is offline Rookie

I hate to say this because I love MeMo and Fason...but four words...

Laurence Maroney
    DeAngelo WIlliams

VegasLadyJae is offline Pro-Bowler

"TWill19" wrote:
    I hate to say this because I love MeMo and Fason...but four words...

Laurence Maroney
    DeAngelo WIlliams
    I hate to say it but did you see DeAngelo Williams the other night or afternoon? I believe it was against Mississippi.......Not too good; and Mississippi's defense isn't all that .....Reggie Bush, Adrian Peterson (if he comes out)....But yeah, Maroney,real good.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"muchluv4smoot" wrote:
    "mnvikes61" wrote:

Fason was healthy, but we just stuck it out with Moe, because he was old reliable and we needed that in there when we were struggling, according to Loney's interview today at least. I think it would have made more sense to play fason and mewelde a little to try and get a spark from one of them and get our offense and running game going.
    No use putting the rook in when the OL isn't blocking for crap...it would just undermine his confidence when he saw that there were NO holes to run through. I say...WIND SPRINTS for the entire offensive line...WIND SPRINTS until they drop!!! :evil: :twisted:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast