Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Farwell happy to still be a Viking

[size=13pt]Farwell happy to still be a Viking[/size]

By John Holler
    scout.com

Posted Apr 26, 2009

Heath Farwell was all smiles during the autograph session at the Vikings draft party. But a couple of months ago, he wasn't sure he would still be wearing purple when the 2009 season opens....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

Re: Farwell happy to still be a Viking

"singersp" wrote:
    [size=13pt]Farwell happy to still be a Viking[/size]

By John Holler
    scout.com

Posted Apr 26, 2009

Heath Farwell was all smiles during the autograph session at the Vikings draft party. But a couple of months ago, he wasn't sure he would still be wearing purple when the 2009 season opens....
    We are lucky to have a guy like him.. Hopefully he can make the Pro Bowl this year as the Special Teamer.. I know that is a goal of his..

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

He will help alotttttttttt

Farwell is one tough mofo, and one of my favorite Vikings.
    He doesn't get a lot of glory, but he works hard and lays the wood to anyone holding the ball.
    I still remember a huge sack he put on a QB in the preseason.
    Ouch.
    In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.- John Adams

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

I bet he is happy.
    If I was him I would be all aglow and do anything that was asked of me.
    All the STeamers and a one-year, $1.475 million contract doesn't quite equate to long term job stability IMHO.

Marrdro silently waits for the CSA'rs to come out.
    :
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

Just another smart move by the FO, to secure our ST's and LB depth.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"Marrdro" wrote:
    I bet he is happy.
    All the STeamers and a one-year, $1.475 million contract doesn't quite equate to long term job stability IMHO.

:
    Not sure what you are trying to say?
    1 year deal doesn't sound good to you? If I were a player I would look at that as a huge opportunity, prove myself for 1 year and then become a free agent and get a bigger contract. Not to mention 1.475 should be just about enough to pay for early retirement.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    I bet he is happy.

:
    1 year deal doesn't sound good to you? If I were a player I would look at that as a huge opportunity, prove myself for 1 year and then become a free agent and get a bigger contract. Not to mention 1.475 should be just about enough to pay for early retirement.
    1 year contract vs a 6 year contract.
    :
    As a contractor I like the latter alot more than the first but am happy to have the first, at least until I can find the latter.
    JK
    ;D

His goal this year was to get his payday. That didn't happen.
    My guess is he won't get that chance again.
    With all the additions (FA/Draft) that can help, guys with short term contracts are just that. Short term solutions.
    Alls I'm saying.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    I bet he is happy.

:
    :
    As a contractor I like the latter alot more than the first but am happy to have the first, at least until I can find the latter.
    JK
    ;D

With all the additions (FA/Draft) that can help, guys with short term contracts are just that. Short term solutions.

Alls I'm saying.
    All depends on how he plays, if he plays well he will make more money long term than if he had signed long term this year. Should be good for the Vikings this year as he will be forced to play for his next contract, pushing himself to be the best player he can be.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    I bet he is happy.

:
    :
    JK
    ;D

Alls I'm saying.
    All depends on how he plays, if he plays well he will make more money long term than if he had signed long term this year. Should be good for the Vikings this year as he will be forced to play for his next contract, pushing himself to be the best player he can be.
    I disagree.
    I think it is going to be extremely difficult for him to improve upon his 2007 campaign..at least significantly.
    The contracts being offered to him last year were for the 2007 performance (obviously).
    He's not getting a chance of any significant play time at LB so he's going to have to do something extremely special to get a big long term contract.
    Other than the rising costs each year in player contracts I don't see his offer next year being much higher than the ones he received going into this season.
    He was a special teams ace, teams know what they are getting.
    If he could get a shot at proving he can play LB for a team, then that would open up his value considerably.
    IMO he should have went wherever he had the best shot at playing defense since that is where the money is at (opposed to ST).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast