Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Nightgaunt is offline Starter

Is it to far fetched

To say that the Vikings have the most legitimate shot in the NFC excluding the Bears to get to the SB? Now lemme explain the reasoning behind this madness. Of all the teams left only one really scares me, and we play them 2 times a years so imho we have the best shot at taking them down, though it would be rough going into Chicago in December to look for a win if we were not to take our division, but i think we smoke them they come to Mn. Seattle/Atlanta both play in Domes so they really dont hold much over us far as homefield advantages go. We beat NY with a tiebreaker, and i think we could hold our own against Dallas as they like to pass alot and our defense has REALLY stepped it up in the past 4 weeks on the pass defense. Carolina is another good team in the NFC, but i think if we keep playing like we have been there coming to Mn and they dont stand a chance in the dome.

Anyways, this is ALL speculation and just some mindless thinking...But all quite possible with what we have left on the schedule, look at the 2 road games we have left. You tell me we cant beat either one them 2 teams on the road, your kidding yourself. And remember, this is NOT the same team we seen the 1st 5 weeks of the season. I dont know what Tice has done, but whatever it is, its working and im liking it.

JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Is it to far fetched

Seattle doesn't play in a dome. We've already lost bad to Atlanta and Carolina, so it would take to work to beat them, but it's definitely possible. I think Dallas is going to win the NFC East and will likely be the 3 or 4 seed in the playoffs, meaning if Chicago wins the division and we get a wildcard, there'd be potential for us to matchup with them in the first round.

At this point, though, I just hope the Vikings keep winning and get in the playoffs. From there I'll worry more about matchups and who we should beat and who will be tough. Being the playoffs, there will really be no easy games. If we get to that point. But, to get there, I think we need 10 wins.
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

IF we keep improving every week...then YES we do have a chance...but we still need more offensive consistency if we are to make the playoffs and actually win games once we get there.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

we must keep imporving and win out. i think that is the only way we can get a little bit of respect this year.
    We're bringing purple back.

Prophet Guest

Long road ahead, I like the current style of play this team has more than any Vikings team of recent past. Here's to continuing to improve every week!

robertsmith is offline Training Camp

I think we are up there but not quiet at the top.

Seattle, giants, dallas, falcons, panthers, bucs, bears all of these teams i think have a better chance then us.

Though things are looking up i see us sneaking into the playoffs and upsetting somone in the first round.

WBLVikeBabe is offline Jersey Retired

Anything is possible, especially with the Vikings!

[move]My beautiful sig made by the one and only PPE![/move]

miakurtzy07 is offline Starter

I think that the only teams we have to fear anymore are the Bears and the Seahawks

CanadaViking is offline Pro-Bowler

For the Vikes to get some respect we must win the next 2 games against sub .500 teams and then beat the Steelers and screw up their playoff hopes!!! For this to happen we must improve from week to week. We have a legitimate chance to catch up to these teams ahead of us if we keep getting W's, especially since a lot of the teams ahead of us are facing eachother down the stretch.

Again if someone would have told me a month ago that the boys would be in the play-off hunt right now, I would have said they were crazy!!

First thing though, beat the bloody Lions!! This has got to be the first and foremost thought in those players minds, looking ahead at his point could be fatal for our season. I was impressed that there wasn't a let down on Sunday against the Browns. I am starting to think that this team is a bit different then past teams and maybe we are going to build up a storm of momentum. I hope so anyway!!

Cheers!

kansas_man54 is offline Rookie

Yeah, we definitely need to be at least 10-6 to have a decent chance at the play-offs. Looking at the remaining schedule...we aren't looking to bad. All 5 of those games are winable, and the Bears don't even scare me. I think that they are just having one of those cinderella seasons and have ended up being too over-rated for they're own good. Granted, they are a great deal better than the bears of the recent past though, i'll give em' that. But, they are nowhere near being what the 85' bears were. Anyways, the rams, lions, and ravens SHOULD be pushovers, but we all know how unpredictable the NFL can be at times. The Steelers are pretty banged up, so that oughta' be a good game as well as the Bears game. And as for a super bowl...i think we are still a ways away from the big game. You never know though! Even if we do somehow find a way to get there...the AFC is pretty strong again this year, and the Colts are on a rampage. Now there is a team that i do believe is as good as advertised. I'm just glad to see that the Patriots dynasty is all but over finally. Well, it has been a crazy year so far, so lets see where it all takes us. Take care.
    "The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanist bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!"----Eleanor Roosevelt

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast