Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Fanvision at the Dome

RochesterVikingFan wrote:
    I got the information straight from the Vikings Season Ticket office, 612-338-4537. They said they were aware of the double shipments and were going to be asking us to send one back - I told her that I assumed someone would be sending me a shipping label. She wasn't sure about this.

She then asked me to turn it in at the FanVision table at the game, but if I do this, who's to say I get credit for turning it in? I certainly don't want to be charged in a month or two for something I don't even have anymore!

I guess I'm waiting for someone to officially tell me to return the second one and provide a shipping label. Otherwise, I guess I'll use it...
    And that's my stance, too. If they want the other one back, I'll be more than happy to return it. I can't use two of them at the same time. But I want to make sure that my account reflects that.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Zeus wrote:
    RochesterVikingFan wrote:
    I got the information straight from the Vikings Season Ticket office, 612-338-4537. They said they were aware of the double shipments and were going to be asking us to send one back - I told her that I assumed someone would be sending me a shipping label. She wasn't sure about this.

She then asked me to turn it in at the FanVision table at the game, but if I do this, who's to say I get credit for turning it in? I certainly don't want to be charged in a month or two for something I don't even have anymore!

I guess I'm waiting for someone to officially tell me to return the second one and provide a shipping label. Otherwise, I guess I'll use it...
    And that's my stance, too. If they want the other one back, I'll be more than happy to return it. I can't use two of them at the same time. But I want to make sure that my account reflects that.

=Z=
    Well to begin, the ticket office is not necessarily the best source of information. Promotions and special events fall under a different division than ticket sales. Usually if you call the ticket office, they will tell you that they don't have information on promotions, so it is weird that this lady would say that. I am sure they are aware because this is the number most season ticket holders know, so it is the number they would call first. But any official communications regarding the fanvision promotion would be handled differently.

Second, unless there is a rather high number of double shipments, I doubt the Vikings would waste the effort to do this. Not only would it be a PR hit, but the ad revenue is based on number of devices in the market. Recalling a small percentage of them and trying to redistribute them would not only decrease the market share that is out there, but it would also likely be in violation of the contract they have with fanvision (contract most likely states that X number of devices will be in circulation for gameday). Not to mention that every device would have to be refurbished, fixed if needed, repackaged, and resent out. A better solution both financially and for PR would be for the Vikings to simply ignore it if the number of double shipments is low, or make additional units available to holders if the number is relatively high. The only way I see them asking for returns would be if there is a very limited supply and they have contractual obligations to have them spread through a certain percentage of the season ticket accounts.

Bottom line, until the Vikings contact you and provide an official channel to return the device, I wouldn't worry about returning it.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

What a great idea! Spend 100s of dollars to go to a game and then watch it on a screen the size of a McDonald's hamburger. Brilliant.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Prophet wrote:
    What a great idea! Spend 100s of dollars to go to a game and then watch it on a screen the size of a McDonald's hamburger. Brilliant.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Prophet wrote:
    That is what I was thinking. As much as I would like one, I doubt I would use it much. More important things to do like drink beer.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

So - here's my Fanvision review...

They turned on the service about 10am. We could get it from the tailgate lot, so that was cool. I was able to program in my fantasy league team at that time.

On the north side of the stadium, as I was standing in line to get inside the Dome, the reception was spotty. Mildly disappointed there.

Once inside, it worked like a champ. The audio was from KFAN when watching the National broadcast. Both the audio and the video were a couple seconds behind the live action, not that bothersome. I mainly used it during live action as a radio, as I was watching the game.

I found myself queuing up replays fairly often, mostly on bad plays, so I could see what had happened. That was very cool.

Watched a bit of the redzone channel during TV timeouts, that was okay. Kinda hard to get into that action when you've got action in front of you.

The stats stuff was also nice to debunk "feelings". "Why aren't we running behind Hutch?" for example, was debunked by looking at the run chart.

All-in-all - I don't think I would have purchased this thing on my own, but as a trinket, it's very nice and I plan on bringing it to each game, for sure.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Zeus wrote:
    All-in-all - I don't think I would have purchased this thing on my own, but as a trinket, it's very nice and I plan on bringing it to each game, for sure.

=Z=
    +1

Exactly the same for me.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

I didn't cue it up until I got to my seat but was immediately impressed at the live video feeds. When the game started I was even more happy to hear P.A. on the other end of my ear buds calling the play by play. As Z stated, it was about 2 seconds delayed, but this didn't bother me.

It was nice to randomly switch over to the Packers and Bears games during TV timeouts. 90% of the game I left my unit on the "Broadcast" feed. This way I didn't have to fiddle with anything and as soon as the play was over I could glance down and catch an easy reply without fiddling through options. Also nice was the "paging" feature every time a big play was made on the field so you could access the slow-mo replay with one touch of a button.

Far and away the best thing about the unit is having the live game audio in your ear. MUCH easier to stay on top of the game - who's lining up where, who just got injured, etc. The audio pointed out several things throughout the game that I would not have been aware of otherwise.

All in all I love this thing, it's 10x more trinket than I ever could have asked for. I wouldn't even consider leaving this thing at home.

Erinnn is offline Starter

I loved it. It was great being able to replay something over and over again right away with just the touch of a button. And using the different camera angles was helpful sometimes. I also used the run and pass charts quite a bit too because I'm getting old and forget things.

During time outs I switched over to the Bears game. I hadn't loaded any of my fantasy teams in there so I was checking out stats from all the other games. I forgot ear buds so I didn't have audio, but I'll try it next game. I haven't heard PA do a game in a few years so I'm looking forward to that now.

I probably would not have bought one on my own, but now that I've used it it's definitely coming with me to every game.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

NodakPaul wrote:
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=
    +1

Exactly the same for me.
    +1.
    I wouldn't have bought it but now that I have one I'd probably buy a new one if it got lost or broken. Added a lot to the game. I pretty much just listened to the play by play. My girlfriend was watching the bears game most of the time.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast