Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tanner_QBRB8 is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: From a fantasy perspective...

i truly think that the only person to play this week for the vikings is thier defense and i dont rally care that the stats suck the only thing i care about is the winning percentage

canadian_vikes_fan is offline Hall of Famer

Yea I don't see the Vikings being a very good fantasy team at all. But that doesn't mean anything. We won't have a 1000 yd rusher/receiver but we will still make the playoffs.

For a few years there, the Pats were a terrible fantasy team outside of Brady and they did alright.

Thanks PPE for the sig.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

After those follow-post by our own PPO gang, I have just one question?..

Where did Bigben go?......LMFAO

Maybe he's enjoying a fantasy of his own right now.......hahahahahahahahah

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

BigBen is offline Training Camp

"VikingNed" wrote:
    After those follow-post by our own PPO gang, I have just one question?..

Where did Bigben go?......LMFAO

Maybe he's enjoying a fantasy of his own right now.......hahahahahahahahah
    Pretty good Ned...actually I posted that at the end of the day and I am now back in here the following day looking at all the posts (with a wife and family, I can't be in here 24/7).

I think both defenses are really the only start from a fantasy perspective (maybe Heath Miller). The only reason I posted this was because I thought it was interesting (not saying I believe it). I have been running a fantasy football league for 11 years and I have been in another one for the past 6 years. Anyone who does fantasy football knows you can go to 6 different sites and get 6 completely different opinions. This was more of just a fun thing to post because I thought the site I found was very lopsided towards the steelers. The prophet lists one the other way, in the end the the truth is probably somewhere in the middle.

sunny is offline Pro-Bowler

Here is my choices of Defenses this week for my fantasy team MINNY or PIT.

thinking..........

I'll play MINNY :cheers:

I see a low scoring game on both sides but the advantage goes to Minny's D because of the forced turnovers and of course the Victory.
    I.B.O.T. #213

Prophet Guest

KFFL
    Impact Report
    Minnesota Vikings RB Breakdown
    December 17, 2005

By Ken Jager
    Edited by Jeffrey Anderson

What is up with Minnesota Vikings RB Mewelde Moore and head coach Mike Tice? Do they get along? Do they hate each other? Multiple reports in the media either "confirm" Moore is in Tice's doghouse, or say Tice insists he is not. While we can toss the media feud out as residue from the Vikings' turbulent season, one fact is certain about Moore – the oft-injured back is no longer the official starter for the team.

RB Michael Bennett, who took over for Moore following injury the last two games, is now the primary starter. But, even though he has not publicly muttered these words, it appears that Tice will roll out with a "running-back-by-committee" approach for the remainder of the season. Said Tice following the Viking's 27-13 win against St. Louis in Week 14, " We'll be going down the stretch here with three good backs," referring to Bennett, Moore and rookie Ciatrick Fason.

Following two strong performances in Weeks 13 and 14, Bennett will continue to be the featured back. He has averaged 20 rushes, 74.5 yards (3.7 per carry average) and one touchdown in those two contests. He will continue to get 15-20 touches a game with Moore and Fason inevitably collecting the rest.

Despite recovering from a quad injury, relative season-long ineffectiveness and losing his starting role to Bennett, Tice insists, "Mewelde will get plenty of chances." The second-year player has two 100-yard rushing games this season, but only one rushing touchdown and one receiving touchdown. On the season he has 551 rushing yards with a four yards per carry average. Still not fully recovered from his nagging injury, Moore will again see a limited role in Week 15 as a running back and punt returner.

Fason, the team's No. 3 back, has come up big in goal line situations, leading the Vikings with three rushing touchdowns. Though he has not piled up many yards, Tice says he is "enamored" with this 6-foot, 207-pound rookie out of Florida and hinted that his role will increase as the season winds down. "Big backs really help you as you progress this time of the year, in December and January, especially if you go outside. Big backs are a premium in bad weather."

Table: Minnesota Vikings RB Statistics (Weeks 10-13)

G ATT YDS AVG LNG TD FUM
    Michael Bennett* 4 48 156 3.3 16 2 1
    Mewelde Moore** 4 45 183 4.1 24 0 0
    Ciatrick Fason 4 18 53 2.9 15 2 0

*Bennett saw limited action in Weeks 10 and 11

**Moore saw limited action in Weeks 12 and 13

Fantasy Impact

Before you rush out to acquire Bennett or place him in your starting lineup, keep these three simple words in mind: Pittsburgh, Baltimore and Chicago. Those are Minnesota's three remaining defensive-minded opponents. Baltimore and Chicago are staunch when it comes to giving up rushing touchdowns (0.6 and 0.5 per game, respectively), while Pittsburgh gives up less than 90 rushing yards and 0.8 touchdowns per game.

Given the matchups, Bennett is a stretch as a weak No. 2 option for your team. Moore and Fason can fill in as emergency No. 3 options or injury replacements, though if you have to choose between the two, Fason would be the stronger pick at this point due to his goal line effectiveness. Really, if you are forced to use any Minnesota running backs for the rest of the year, good luck.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12