Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Schutz is offline Team Alumni

Re: Fans shouldn't go overboard on Jackson yet

"vikesfargo" wrote:
    Future column by Reusse:

OK, Now It's Time to Go Overboard on Jackon!

by Patrick Reusse, Star Tribune Sports Stud

Clear the decks! Everybody abandon ship! Tarvaris Jackson has a 149.4 quarterback rating, twenty touchdown passes, and five rushing touchdowns in the last three games. It is now time to go overboard on my man from Alabama State........

/satire

Seriously, TJack has the potential to become another Steve Young, except with fewer rough years as Young had in Tampa. TJack has a good distance to go before he reaches the level of Steve Young, but he is on that road. We'll be cheering for TJack.
    I'm still going to insult Reusse a bit but I think comparing T-Jack to Steve Young kind of makes Reusse's position a littler better.

Reusse always has been and always will be a waste of ink.
    He just loves writing up stories about team problems or downtrodding on players, usually for the look at me effect so people read his crap.
    He'd even turn on AP if he thought it would make a couple more people start reading his articles.
    Him and Sid should both be given the boot even though I know they won't.

PurpleGator is offline Hall of Famer

"Schutz" wrote:
    "vikesfargo" wrote:
    Future column by Reusse:

Clear the decks! Everybody abandon ship! Tarvaris Jackson has a 149.4 quarterback rating, twenty touchdown passes, and five rushing touchdowns in the last three games. It is now time to go overboard on my man from Alabama State........

/satire

Seriously, TJack has the potential to become another Steve Young, except with fewer rough years as Young had in Tampa. TJack has a good distance to go before he reaches the level of Steve Young, but he is on that road. We'll be cheering for TJack.
    I'm still going to insult Reusse a bit but I think comparing T-Jack to Steve Young kind of makes Reusse's position a littler better.

He just loves writing up stories about team problems or downtrodding on players, usually for the look at me effect so people read his crap.
    He'd even turn on AP if he thought it would make a couple more people start reading his articles.
    I think most minnesota sport writers are all smoking weed.
    Sid carries everybodys water and Reusse writes something and changes his mind 2 weeks later.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

I haven't seen any reporting out of a MN paper in years.
    They continually regurge national media drivel when they should be the ones crafting the national media reports.

They are all hacks.
    If you don't believe me just ask Z.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

vikesfargo is offline Asst. Coach

"Schutz" wrote:
    "vikesfargo" wrote:
    Future column by Reusse:

/satire

Believing in TJack's potential is not going overboard. Lots of people don't live up to their potential. So far, TJack is making slow progress, and that means he's on the right path. It's a long way before I go overboard for saying that TJack has high potential.

Go Vikings!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Marrdro" wrote:
    I haven't seen any reporting out of a MN paper in years.
    They continually regurge national media drivel when they should be the ones crafting the national media reports.

They are all hacks.
    If you don't believe me just ask Z.

;D

Typically, they take something the Associated Press puts out on the wire & run with it or twist it.

For just about every article I post from one paper, such as the Star Tribune there will be another article on the same subject from the Pioneer Press with there little spin on it.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

I'm just glad that TJack doesn't need to rely on Patrick Reusse for emotional support.
    ;D
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

I am just glad TJack is improving game and game out. I really don't want to use a number 1 on a QB in the draft.

davike is offline Team Alumni

"Caine" wrote:
    "davike" wrote:
    This guy is an idiot. Who is going "overboard" on Jackson? No one is saying he is the next Manning or Brady yet. All the Vikings fans that I know are simply happy that he is showing improvement and isn't turning the ball over. They are happy that he is showing he just mightg be our QB of the future.

I am not going overboard on him, I think he has taken a big step in his development this season, and I think he is doing a good job right now. He isn't turning the ball over and he is getting some first downs with his arm and legs. He isn't putting up big numbers but he is completing passes and the others seem to be more confident with him back there taking snaps than any other QB we have which is important. He is doing a good job managing games and not making mistakes until he reaches the point where he can take this team on his shoulders and make big plays himself. If he continues to simply do what he has been doing it will be much easier to watch the Vikes play while he is developing.

At this point its just exciting to see some really good improvement in him and I think we have a right to be a bit "giddy"
    Saved me a bit of typing.
    About sums up my feelings on this.

The only thing I'll add is that as long as the 2-headed monster (Peterson and Taylor) continue to confound Defenses, Jackson doesn't NEED to take the team on his shoulders and win it by himself.
    The running game will force defenses to try and stop it, and the throwing game will open up as a result.

Maybe once those receivers of ours develop a bit more - and we add a souple more solid ones to the mix - we can look for more passing production from Jackson.
    But, until then, he should continue to grow within the framework of what we DO have.

Caine
    I agree completely. I was going to add something to this effect but had some people trying to get me off the computer

I think we should be impressed at how well Tjack and our WRs have done. They have shown some major growth. We are starting to see our WRs get the ball more then 3-5 times a game. Usually it went something like 10-15 receptions in a game with either TE or RB getting most of those.

We are going to have to pass when we are behind and so its nice to see Jackson coming along nicely.

Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

PurpleGator is offline Hall of Famer

"VikingMike" wrote:
    I'm just glad that TJack doesn't need to rely on Patrick Reusse for emotional support.
    ;D
    A QB should never rely on a sportswriter for emotional support.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123