Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Fans Should Believe Ponder Is LongTerm Solution

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1100122
    't think I've seen anyone use BR as a means to support ones view.
    but rumour has it that, when printed out, makes mighty fine toilet paper :laugh:
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1100118
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1100112
    Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1100109
    Quote Originally Posted by "jmcdon00" #1100105
    I'm not sure he is the solution, but it is highly likely he will be our QB for the next 5 years regardless.
    As far as bleacher report, it is what it is, opinion articles written mostly by non professional writers. I don't see what the controversy is. If your are not interested in reading and debating opinions of random yutz's you probably arrived at this website by mistake.
    Random "yutz's" are fine....I'm just not a fan of legitimizing them by using them as source material.

Caine
    Legitimizing......Source Material.

Almost sounds like we are developing something really critical around here instead of just talking football.
    It's all in the presentation.

We've had this discussion before. Once a position/opinion is presented, it stands to reason that it will be challenged by those who do not endorse that particular point of view. That's all part of "discussing".

Where things go awry is when people begin to offer BR BS as supporting material for their point of view. Especially when dealing with certain elements of discussion, particularly those which have a basis in provable fact.

Sure, a lot of stuff is simple "opinion" stuff, but just because two idiots have the same opinion, it doesn't make them any less idiotic. Especially when those opinions are based in false assumptions or wild conjecture.

And that is why I hate BR BS so much. It gives a veil of legitimacy to "opinion". And opinions are like assholes....

...they're all Packer fans.

Caine
    You have to be careful with your abreviations. Someone could think you are talking about Bathroom Reader, which is highly credible.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "AngloVike" #1100124
    but rumour has it that, when printed out, makes mighty fine toilet paper:laugh:
    As does most stuff in print these days my friend. Thats why I marvel that our good friend Caine has such a harsh feeling just for BR.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1100130
    As does most stuff in print these days my friend. Thats why I marvel that our good friend Caine has such a harsh feeling just for BR.
    I'd rather watch ESPN, Disney Channel, Fox News and Nancy Grace all at the same time than read the BR.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1100137
    I'd rather watch ESPN, Disney Channel, Fox News and Nancy Grace all at the same time than read the BR.
    Same question to you, that I asked Caine, that didn't get a reply....

What are your thoughts of SBnation?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1100139
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1100137
    Same question to you, that I asked Caine, that didn't get a reply....

What are your thoughts of SBnation?
    No thoughts, don't read it. Is it another 'yutz-with-a-keyboard' site, or actually decent?

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Good sources are scarce.

We at PP.O were once blessed with a member who had a superior intellect, confered by a higher power. In fact VikingsTW was a quantum leap above mere humans. He didn't relie on some Beast induced, dream world psychosis to obtain his knowledge. It was anointed upon him through some cosmic realm.

But Ultra gave him the boot so now I relie on the only quality source remaining. The Onion Sports Network.

Player-Led Workouts
    In a normal year, most NFL teams would be starting their minicamps right now. With the lockout in effect, some players have taken the initiative to organize workouts on their own, with varying degrees of success.
    Albert Haynesworth: 15 reps of breakfast
    Tennessee Titans: TE Craig Stevens started working out at a nearby high school but was asked to leave about 20 minutes later
    Chicago Bears: Defensive players practiced their team fundamentals by having linebacker Lance Briggs hit the tackling dummies while linebacker Brian Urlacher got all the credit
    Kansas City Chiefs: Just holding regular offseason workouts as usual, because who pays any attention to the Chiefs?
    Nobody: Working their asses off in negotiations so there can actually be some f---ing football this year

http://www.onionsportsnetwork.com/articles/playerled-workouts,20498/
    What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. Its the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

but rumour has it that, when printed out, makes mighty fine toilet paper :laugh:
    Not really because it is already full of shit before you use it making it useless for even that task.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "jargomcfargo" #1100147
    Good sources are scarce.

We at PP.O were once blessed with a member who had a superior intellect, confered by a higher power. In fact VikingsTW was a quantum leap above mere humans. He didn't relie on some Beast induced, dream world psychosis to obtain his knowledge. It was anointed upon him through some cosmic realm.

But Ultra gave him the boot so now I relie on the only quality source remaining. The Onion Sports Network.

Player-Led Workouts
    In a normal year, most NFL teams would be starting their minicamps right now. With the lockout in effect, some players have taken the initiative to organize workouts on their own, with varying degrees of success.
    Albert Haynesworth: 15 reps of breakfast
    Tennessee Titans: TE Craig Stevens started working out at a nearby high school but was asked to leave about 20 minutes later
    Chicago Bears: Defensive players practiced their team fundamentals by having linebacker Lance Briggs hit the tackling dummies while linebacker Brian Urlacher got all the credit
    Kansas City Chiefs: Just holding regular offseason workouts as usual, because who pays any attention to the Chiefs?
    Nobody: Working their asses off in negotiations so there can actually be some f---ing football this year

http://www.onionsportsnetwork.com/articles/playerled-workouts,20498/
    Thank you for laying this discussion to rest.

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Not sure why all the hate for BR Caine. Sure it's not a legitimate source for football news, but are any of us? At best, it can spark some discussion during a dull and eventless offseason, and at worst it can give us something to laugh at, much like many posts on here. IMO it can't hurt to bring in other people's opinions, regardless of how inane some of them seem.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast