Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Fans Should Believe Ponder Is LongTerm Solution

Fans Should Believe Ponder Is LongTerm Solution
    Wha...?

A 12 year old kid can tell you when you draft a QB early in the first, the plan is to make him your long term solution.

Jeesus, there are some BR articles that are interesting, but this is like writing about how the Vikings will run and throw next season.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

I'm not sure he is the solution, but it is highly likely he will be our QB for the next 5 years regardless.
    As far as bleacher report, it is what it is, opinion articles written mostly by non professional writers. I don't see what the controversy is. If your are not interested in reading and debating opinions of random yutz's you probably arrived at this website by mistake.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "jmcdon00" #1100105
    I'm not sure he is the solution, but it is highly likely he will be our QB for the next 5 years regardless.
    As far as bleacher report, it is what it is, opinion articles written mostly by non professional writers. I don't see what the controversy is. If your are not interested in reading and debating opinions of random yutz's you probably arrived at this website by mistake.
    Random "yutz's" are fine....I'm just not a fan of legitimizing them by using them as source material.

Caine

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

I was going to put you on the "Those that have a clue" spreadsheet, alas, you were already on it.

JK, great post my friend. Couldn't agree with you more on both points.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1100109
    Random "yutz's" are fine....I'm just not a fan of legitimizing them by using them as source material.

Caine
    Legitimizing......Source Material.

Almost sounds like we are developing something really critical around here instead of just talking football.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1100112

Caine

Almost sounds like we are developing something really critical around here instead of just talking football.
    Talking football - "Yo that Manning guy is pretty good".. "AP.. unstoppable" "Would be cool to see if Vick could manage to run the option in the pros".

What happens here - "Toby Gerhart is as fast as AP", "Tony Richardson is not a blocking FB", "Pocket Passer position will be dead in the next few years".

One is talking football, the other are completely outlandish claims without substance.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Caine

It's all in the presentation.

We've had this discussion before. Once a position/opinion is presented, it stands to reason that it will be challenged by those who do not endorse that particular point of view. That's all part of "discussing".

Where things go awry is when people begin to offer BR BS as supporting material for their point of view. Especially when dealing with certain elements of discussion, particularly those which have a basis in provable fact.

Sure, a lot of stuff is simple "opinion" stuff, but just because two idiots have the same opinion, it doesn't make them any less idiotic. Especially when those opinions are based in false assumptions or wild conjecture.

And that is why I hate BR BS so much. It gives a veil of legitimacy to "opinion". And opinions are like assholes....

...they're all Packer fans.

Caine

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1100114

Caine

Talking football - "Yo that Manning guy is pretty good".. "AP.. unstoppable" "Would be cool to see if Vick could manage to run the option in the pros".

What happens here - "Toby Gerhart is as fast as AP", "Tony Richardson is not a blocking FB", "Pocket Passer position will be dead in the next few years".

One is talking football, the other are completely outlandish claims without substance.
    "Toby Gerhart is as fast as AP"....I actually posted their times. One was .1 slower than the other. Never once said one was as fast as the other.

"Tony Richardson is not a blocking FB" actually, what I disagree'd with was the word "Ferrocious" that someone used and said that that he was better known for his offensive prowess. I then proceeded to post a series of clips to back that up. Truth of the matter is, in one whole season of clips T-rich didn't provide one "Ferrocious" block. Infact what we saw was he whiffed/missed his blocks as much as a certain FB we have on the roster now.

"Pocket Passer position will be dead in the next few years". I still contend that the pure "Stand in the pocket" "Can't move around" QBs days are numbered. A look around the league kindof bares that assumption out along with the actual place a certain QB was drafted this year that a certain someone was trying to convince me was a "Beast".

As with all things, you completely miss the point of the discussion and wander off on some tangent and then claim I am some sort of crazy person.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1100120
    then claim I am some sort of crazy person.
    You say that like it's untrue :silly:

Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1100118

Caine

It's all in the presentation.

We've had this discussion before. Once a position/opinion is presented, it stands to reason that it will be challenged by those who do not endorse that particular point of view. That's all part of "discussing".

Where things go awry is when people begin to offer BR BS as supporting material for their point of view. Especially when dealing with certain elements of discussion, particularly those which have a basis in provable fact.

Sure, a lot of stuff is simple "opinion" stuff, but just because two idiots have the same opinion, it doesn't make them any less idiotic. Especially when those opinions are based in false assumptions or wild conjecture.

And that is why I hate BR BS so much. It gives a veil of legitimacy to "opinion". And opinions are like assholes....

...they're all Packer fans.

Caine
    I don't think I've seen anyone use BR as a means to support ones view.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast