Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

Re: Fans Should Believe Ponder Is LongTerm Solution

Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1100436
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1100386
    Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1100325

I am not a writer for the Vikings. I have never worn a "Press" badge. I do not publish "articles". I do not possess insider information. Nor do I pretend to...with any of them.

But I DO prefer to get my information from verifiable sources. I DO like to cross check facts before posting them up as such. I DO prefer to base my opinions and assumptions on as much factual data as possible.

But, again, that's just me...

Caine
    Where do you rate CBS Sports? How about Fox Sports? Are they credible? Are they considered legitimate sources?

I pointed it out a few posts ago and you dodged it, just like you dodged the SBnation question the first time and then finally pooooh poooohed it away with a shrug.

Face it my friend, times are changing when it comes to how we get information, just as its changing on how we not only look for information but also communicate with each other.

I, for one, am not going to sit here and stick my head in the sand and say stuff about a site that gives "yutz's" the opportunity to express themselves. I'm gonna take a look. Agree (or not), Discuss (or not) and then move on.

By the way, just as SBnation started out, they were scoffed at my people and now its a pretty credible site that have alot of credible "Yutz" articles as well as "Legitimate" inputs. When BR started to get nods from CBS and Fox, that is were the legitimacy came from. Not by a few yutz's on PPO posting links to their blogs.

And.....in case you haven't noticed, almost everything that is linked on this site is now linked to a "Blog" that is created/written by a yutz and not a "Legitimate" author that you only want to read.
    Again, just because "everyone else is doing it", doesn't mean it's the right thing to do.

I don't like BR. Never have. I am not alone in that dislike. There are plenty of others who don't like the complete lack of accuracy that a BR offering brings with it.

Further, I don't need BR to "start a conversation"...I can do that all by myself. If you can't, feel free to keep crutching on BR to help you along.

CBS, FOX, ABC, NFLN, ESPN and all the others are "recognized" sources. Are they always right? No. Are they always accurate? No.

For the record, I haven't "dodged" jack shit in this discussion. Your SBNation question, I had a PC glitch, and reposted my response when able. I saw a legit source reprint with a new tag line when I went there....sorry, not impressed. You call that pooh-pooing...I call that "What did you expect when that's the first thing I see?"

Bottom line, again, if YOU choose to accept inferior sources as "Stimulation for conversation", knock yourself out. Just don't expect some of us to join you in that. I dislike BR. I dislike it to the point that I have decided that I no longer am interested in what they offer. Just because the rest of the world is going the direction of the less "legitimate" blogger does NOT mean that I have to...and I have no plans to.

But again, as I've said throughout.....that's just me.

Caine
    Maybe I am not reading thoroughly, but I cannot, for the life of me tell if either of you thinks Ponder is the long term solution for the Vikes.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Fans Should Believe Ponder Is LongTerm Solution

Quote Originally Posted by "marshallvike" #1100464
    Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1100436
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1100386
    Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1100325

I am not a writer for the Vikings. I have never worn a "Press" badge. I do not publish "articles". I do not possess insider information. Nor do I pretend to...with any of them.

But I DO prefer to get my information from verifiable sources. I DO like to cross check facts before posting them up as such. I DO prefer to base my opinions and assumptions on as much factual data as possible.

But, again, that's just me...

Caine
    Where do you rate CBS Sports? How about Fox Sports? Are they credible? Are they considered legitimate sources?

I pointed it out a few posts ago and you dodged it, just like you dodged the SBnation question the first time and then finally pooooh poooohed it away with a shrug.

Face it my friend, times are changing when it comes to how we get information, just as its changing on how we not only look for information but also communicate with each other.

I, for one, am not going to sit here and stick my head in the sand and say stuff about a site that gives "yutz's" the opportunity to express themselves. I'm gonna take a look. Agree (or not), Discuss (or not) and then move on.

By the way, just as SBnation started out, they were scoffed at my people and now its a pretty credible site that have alot of credible "Yutz" articles as well as "Legitimate" inputs. When BR started to get nods from CBS and Fox, that is were the legitimacy came from. Not by a few yutz's on PPO posting links to their blogs.

And.....in case you haven't noticed, almost everything that is linked on this site is now linked to a "Blog" that is created/written by a yutz and not a "Legitimate" author that you only want to read.
    Again, just because "everyone else is doing it", doesn't mean it's the right thing to do.

I don't like BR. Never have. I am not alone in that dislike. There are plenty of others who don't like the complete lack of accuracy that a BR offering brings with it.

Further, I don't need BR to "start a conversation"...I can do that all by myself. If you can't, feel free to keep crutching on BR to help you along.

CBS, FOX, ABC, NFLN, ESPN and all the others are "recognized" sources. Are they always right? No. Are they always accurate? No.

For the record, I haven't "dodged" jack shit in this discussion. Your SBNation question, I had a PC glitch, and reposted my response when able. I saw a legit source reprint with a new tag line when I went there....sorry, not impressed. You call that pooh-pooing...I call that "What did you expect when that's the first thing I see?"

Bottom line, again, if YOU choose to accept inferior sources as "Stimulation for conversation", knock yourself out. Just don't expect some of us to join you in that. I dislike BR. I dislike it to the point that I have decided that I no longer am interested in what they offer. Just because the rest of the world is going the direction of the less "legitimate" blogger does NOT mean that I have to...and I have no plans to.

But again, as I've said throughout.....that's just me.

Caine
    Maybe I am not reading thoroughly, but I cannot, for the life of me tell if either of you thinks Ponder is the long term solution for the Vikes.
    It's all right there...if you read closely enough....a very definitive, "maybe"...

Caine

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910