Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Fans Should Believe Ponder Is LongTerm Solution

Well, perhaps the Vikings fans should start believing this guy is a long-term solution.

I admit I have no crystal ball. I am devoid of any extraordinary visionary powers that can foresee into the future.

What I do have is an understanding of what this team needs, where it is planning to go, and I also have an understanding of the player in question.
    Christian Ponder: Why Vikings Fans Should Believe Ponder Is a Long-Term Solution
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Fans Should Believe Ponder Is LongTerm Solution

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1100047
    Well, perhaps the Vikings fans should start believing this guy is a long-term solution.

I admit I have no crystal ball. I am devoid of any extraordinary visionary powers that can foresee into the future.

What I do have is an understanding of what this team needs, where it is planning to go, and I also have an understanding of the player in question.
    Christian Ponder: Why Vikings Fans Should Believe Ponder Is a Long-Term Solution
    Why oh why oh why do you keep linking Bleacher report drivel to us? They're not even as well thought out as most posts here. I'd almost rather read YOUR stuff.

...almost...

But, to summarize a response, Viking fans will believe that Ponder is a long term solution when he proves himself to be one. To request that we do otherwise is simply stupid.

Much like most BR posts...

Caine

Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1100050

Why oh why oh why do you keep linking Bleacher report drivel to us? They're not even as well thought out as most posts here. I'd almost rather read YOUR stuff.

...almost...

But, to summarize a response, Viking fans will believe that Ponder is a long term solution when he proves himself to be one. To request that we do otherwise is simply stupid.

Caine
    You don't like it, don't read em. :P
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1100052

...almost...

Caine
    I was bored and hit the link without looking to see where it went. I should have known better, considering the source....

Caine

Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1100059

...almost...

Caine
    I was bored and hit the link without looking to see where it went. I should have known better, considering the source....

Caine
    You'd better watch out. A couple other posters put up a BR article or two.

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1100061
    Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1100059

...almost...

Caine

Caine
    You'd better watch out. A couple other posters put up a BR article or two.
    Yes, your disciples...and I plan to bitch slap them for it as soon as I'm able. Wikipedia has more credibility than BR. Hell, I'd rather argue with someone using Madden as their point of proof then BR BS.

Caine

Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1100063
    Yes, your disciples...and I plan to bitch slap them for it as soon as I'm able. Wikipedia has more credibility than BR. Hell, I'd rather argue with someone using Madden as their point of proof then BR BS.

Caine
    ......sigh.......:whistle:

On a side note, thought you would get ticked about this.......:evil:

From our good friends at Wikipedia.com

Bleacher Report is a website that provides news and fans' opinions of sporting events.

The website was launched in February 2008 [2] by California-based entrepreneurs Dave Finocchio, Zander Freund, Bryan Goldberg, and Dave Nemetz. The purpose of the website was to provide a platform for bloggers and amateur sports writers to publish their work where visitors could find their articles easily.

Bleacher Report describes itself as an "open source system ... in which the tools to create, refine, and review content are available to all members, regardless of rank or experience" whose goal "is to provide in-depth coverage, opinion, and analysis on everything and anything that matters in sports."[3]

In October 2008 Bleacher Report received $3.5m funding.[4]

In June 2010, they appointed former Fox Sports executive Brian Grey as Chief Executive Officer.[5]

In February 2011, a partnership was announced between Bleacher Report and SeatGeek which will provide schedules, scores, and access to tickets on the secondary market for all professional sports, as well as college football and basketball.[6]

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1100067

Caine

Bleacher Report is a website that provides news and fans' opinions of sporting events.

The website was launched in February 2008 [2] by California-based entrepreneurs Dave Finocchio, Zander Freund, Bryan Goldberg, and Dave Nemetz. The purpose of the website was to provide a platform for bloggers and amateur sports writers to publish their work where visitors could find their articles easily.

Bleacher Report describes itself as an "open source system ... in which the tools to create, refine, and review content are available to all members, regardless of rank or experience" whose goal "is to provide in-depth coverage, opinion, and analysis on everything and anything that matters in sports."[3]

In June 2010, they appointed former Fox Sports executive Brian Grey as Chief Executive Officer.[5]

In February 2011, a partnership was announced between Bleacher Report and SeatGeek which will provide schedules, scores, and access to tickets on the secondary market for all professional sports, as well as college football and basketball.[6]
    Doesn't make me mad at all...just underscores to me how far we've declined as a society when it comes to validation of the information we take in.

"Reality TV" floods our airwaves, bringing us such educationally edifying offerings as "Teen Mom" (Which shows us how easy it is to raise a baby as a teenager...when MTV is giving you cash), "The Jersey Shore" (Which shows us that even complete morons with absolutely no redeeming personal value can become filthy rich by acting like idiots), or "The Real Housewives of (insert city here)" )Which shows us that trashing rich women are still Hoes...no matter how much money they have to spend). Don't get me started on "Kate plus 8"....

With that kind of brain destroying drivel becoming acceptable programming, coupled with the erosion of the integrity of the printed media (The AP now offers "opinions" as well as actual News...because we're too stupid to form our own), why would it be a leap to see an opinion oriented site be legitimized by the influx of money?

It's just lowering the bar....

Caine

Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1100071

Caine

Doesn't make me mad at all...just underscores to me how far we've declined as a society when it comes to validation of the information we take in.

"Reality TV" floods our airwaves, bringing us such educationally edifying offerings as "Teen Mom" (Which shows us how easy it is to raise a baby as a teenager...when MTV is giving you cash), "The Jersey Shore" (Which shows us that even complete morons with absolutely no redeeming personal value can become filthy rich by acting like idiots), or "The Real Housewives of (insert city here)" )Which shows us that trashing rich women are still Hoes...no matter how much money they have to spend). Don't get me started on "Kate plus 8"....

With that kind of brain destroying drivel becoming acceptable programming, coupled with the erosion of the integrity of the printed media (The AP now offers "opinions" as well as actual News...because we're too stupid to form our own), why would it be a leap to see an opinion oriented site be legitimized by the influx of money?

Caine
    Well, not were I thought this one would go, however, it is a interesting tact......

I for one agree but kindof look at it in another light.

I am still the one (atleast in my home) what I deem as the establisher of what I find as "acceptable programming". I just have alot more drivel to wade through to make that determination.

Quick question. What do you think of SBNation?

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1100077
    Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1100071

Caine

Caine
    Well, not were I thought this one would go, however, it is a interesting tact......

I for one agree but kindof look at it in another light.

I am still the one (atleast in my home) what I deem as the establisher of what I find as "acceptable programming". I just have alot more drivel to wade through to make that determination.

Quick question. What do you think of SBNation?
    Never been there until just now...but the 1st Viking "Article" was a blatant rip off of a Star Trib article with a different "author's" header above...

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2011/6/29/2251500/tarvaris-jackson-minnesota-vikings-news

Not exactly credibility inspiring.

Caine

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast