Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

Fanball: Moss sees no point in resting injured foot

by Fanball Staff - Fanball.com
    Wednesday, May 5, 2004

News
    Vikings' receiver Randy Moss is wearing orthotic inserts in his shoes to help ease the pain that's being caused by plantar fasciitis, which has limited him during the team's mini-camp. Vikings' head coach Mike Tice says he is hopeful that the inserts will allow Moss to take part in team drills at this weekend's mini-camp. "Randy doesn't feel any better than he did two months ago," Tice told the Star Tribune on Tuesday. "So his point to me is, ‘Why keep resting it? It's not getting any better.' These orthotics are going to be what helps. They seem to be taking a lot of the edge off." Moss has not commented publicly on the injury.

Views
    It's never good news when a player says an injury hasn't healed after two months rest. However, Vikings' tight end Jim Kleinsasser played through a similar injury last season, and there are some medical experts who believe the only way for a plantar fasciitis injury to heal is to wait for the inflamed tendon to tear. Moss has a history of playing through injuries, so while this may be a painful ailment, it is not expected to limit the Pro Bowl receiver's playing time this season.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

drtybrdy9 is offline Rookie

I don't like the sound of that at all. For those of you who don't follow the NBA Finals bound T-Wolves, Wally had the same injury and it kept in out more than half the season. Althouth I am not too worried about it cause Moss had the injury at the end of last season anyways and out of his mind like usual anyways.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I don't ever want to hear the words "tear" and "Moss" together unless it is one of my buddies saying "Moss is tearing up the (fill in the blank, preferably packers) today." Let's just hope that it gets better or stays the same because we CAN'T afford to lose him for any amount of time.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

bigdogbovy is offline Asst. Coach

Hey I wouldn't say can't! We have a number of very good quick receivers. Granted None at the caliber of moss, but good enough to be a factor and still win.
    de43540278a8c8500baf55c07109eb7e

hovan is offline Star Spokesman

Moss was hurt all of last season...Im not worried!
    Lombardis DEAD,
    Favrays OLD, the Packers SUCK,
    DEAL WITH IT!!!

howln4u is offline Rookie

He played with it last year and it sure didnt seem to slow him or the stats down. The orthodics should help by changing where the pressure is applied, maybe if it works Kleinsasser will try it so he can play the whole year and get a few more grabs out of the back field or TE spot. One more threat.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I agree that we have other quick receivers, but do you think that with Moss gone Marcus Robinson will get respect, or Kelly Campbell or Burleson. I think Burleson will be great, but Campbell hasn't proven much more than that he can go deep or run a reverse. I think Robinson is a good #2, but he needs Moss on the other side of him. We'll be fine, I just don't want Moss out that's all.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Robinson should be a fine #2. He would probably even make a decent #1 if Moss went down. But then we'd be stuck with the same problem as last year: No viable #2. I was impressed with Burleson in the slot, but less so as # 2. Ditto Kelly Campbell. And Keenan Howry is not even in the mix.
    Faster than a speeding Grady Jackson! More powerful than a Nick Barnett! Able to leap Ahmad Carroll in a single bound! Look! Up in the sky! It s a bird! It s a plane! It s Jermaine Wiggins!

QueenRandy is offline Waterboy

The Queens would be screwed without Moss.

"QueenRandy" wrote:
    The Queens would be screwed without Moss.
    Just like the pack would be screwed without Green.
    Faster than a speeding Grady Jackson! More powerful than a Nick Barnett! Able to leap Ahmad Carroll in a single bound! Look! Up in the sky! It s a bird! It s a plane! It s Jermaine Wiggins!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast