Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Fan Of Vikings First/Or Fan Of Game First?

Fan of the game.
    The Vikings were always a part of my life, but I remember playing all the time as a young punk and watching the Vikings by default with the family until I was old enough to really get into them when I started attending all the home games beginning at four yrs old in the late '60s.
    If the Vikings were ever to leave Minnesota I would still be a fan of the NFL.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

Fan of the entire game first.. without a balanced competitive and healthy league.. the team fandom is weakened.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    Fan of the game.
    The Vikings were always a part of my life, but I remember playing all the time as a young punk and watching the Vikings by default with the family until I was old enough to really get into them when I started attending all the home games beginning at four yrs old in the late '60s.
    Now I understand why you are the way you are.
    You started getting high way too young

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"Frostbite" wrote:
    I have always considered myself a fan of the Game first and foremost... and a Vikings fan second. There is no right or wrong answer here. I am just currious to see how many other fans around the board feel. I think it's fine to be Vikes Fan First and NFL fan second but before answering....really think about it? Do some soul searching if you will.

We have the GB Packers our long time Adversary up this week. This is a great self checking way to determine the answer for yourself, if you are unsure of which catagory you fall into.

Do you respect Farve as a player for example.....or do you just dislike him cause he's a Packer. Maybe you're like me. I respect him as an adversary and dislike him because he's a Packer. These are the types of feelings to consider in the answer

OH...Enough Psyco babble already....Let's just Beat em!

Cheers!
    I am definately a fan of the game first.
    Without the game you don't have a team.
    I think anyone here can attest I have always called it as it should be and never just dissed anyone because of who they are.
    I have always paid people like Favre, Urlacher, and others that are rivals good complements.
    To be honest my favorite active player is Urlacher.
    However, that is quickly changing to AP.
    It will be nice to have a favorite player on a team again.
    I haven't had one since Cris Carter left.

HornedHat is offline Asst. Coach

I've always loved the NFL; but, the NFL has always had the Vikings (in my lifetime). After soul searching, I would have to say If the Vikings suddenly did not exist, I would still be a fan of the NFL, but my intensity would be gone. I've considered how I would feel if the Vikes left Minnesota. I'd be disappointed, because they are and always should be the MINNESOTA Vikings; but, if they kept the colors and the name, I'm sure I would still be their fan (especially since I am not from Minnesota), but something would be missing for me. If they moved, and changed the name and colors, they would no longer exist (duh). The NFL would still be my prefered sport, but I would no longer have a team that I love. I LOVE the Minnesota Vikings. I will call out sick to watch em, make special arrangements to see em, insist my wife/girlfriend leave me alone to watch em, whoop and yell and scream for every great play and kick furniture for every bad play and hard loss. I could never have that feeling for another team, nor could I get that excited for any game (unless I had big money involved). Since I like fantasy sports, I would still be aware of what's going on. And I would save a lot of money NOT buying T-Shirts, Jerseys and caps.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"BadlandsViking" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    Fan of the game.
    Now I understand why you are the way you are.
    You started getting high way too young
    I wasn't getting high in the 60s, I did makeup for that later on in life though.
    I blame my insanity on global warming.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

MetalMike-LoudVike is offline Hall of Famer

Vikes First, But I realize without The NFL we would have no vikes maybe a hockey team or something, but not a football team. It all VIKES
    IN THE PITS ON THE RIVER BEDS EVRY VIKING FAN WILL RISE & VAHALLA SHALL REJOICE WITH THE MOST GLORIOUS PRIZE LOMBARDI'S TROPHY

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

I thought I'd chime in on this one.

Being from as far away and insanely small country as Denmark, I guess following the NFL to the extent I do, I must love the game pretty much.

But having said that, I'm pretty purple at heart. *Ouch*, just cut myself: Yup, it's purple!

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman

I guess I was a fan of the game first, and then I became a fan of the Vikings when I was old enough to make smart decisions.
    Being from Alaska, each team had a shot at being my favorite team, but I became a huge Anthony Carter/Joey Browner fan and started following the Vikings more when I was like 7.
    Now I have an addiction to all things Vikings.
    Rock out with your cock out!!!

soonerbornNbred is offline Pro-Bowler

Played football and loved it before I ever watched, as did my now grown son he still doesnt watch and he was a more talented player than I ever was
    Football fan first
    Sooner fan second( ok maybe sooner fan first)
    NFL fan third
    AD is making me a Vikings fan

Im old and have never been a huge fan of any one player...maybe Walter and Barry
    but I have never seen the likes of Adrian

I heard all the hype about AD 2003 when he got here in campus from people that went to summer and fall practices, Stoops had to put him so many yards deeper in the backfield because he would get to the line so quick
    but you here stuff like that all the time about the next greatest thing

AD is the only one to live up to that billing

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast