Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Frostbite is offline Coach

Fan Of Vikings First/Or Fan Of Game First?

I have always considered myself a fan of the Game first and foremost... and a Vikings fan second. There is no right or wrong answer here. I am just currious to see how many other fans around the board feel. I think it's fine to be Vikes Fan First and NFL fan second but before answering....really think about it? Do some soul searching if you will.

We have the GB Packers our long time Adversary up this week. This is a great self checking way to determine the answer for yourself, if you are unsure of which catagory you fall into.

Do you respect Farve as a player for example.....or do you just dislike him cause he's a Packer. Maybe you're like me. I respect him as an adversary and dislike him because he's a Packer. These are the types of feelings to consider in the answer

OH...Enough Psyco babble already....Let's just Beat em!

Cheers!
    Where is Frostbite Falls Minnesota?

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Fan Of Vikings First/Or Fan Of Game First?

"Frostbite" wrote:
    I have always considered myself a fan of the Game first and foremost... and a Vikings fan second. There is no right or wrong answer here. I am just currious to see how many other fans around the board feel. I think it's fine to be Vikes Fan First and NFL fan second but before answering....really think about it? Do some soul searching if you will.

We have the GB Packers our long time Adversary up this week. This is a great self checking way to determine the answer for yourself, if you are unsure of which catagory you fall into.

Do you respect Farve as a player for example.....or do you just dislike him cause he's a Packer. Maybe you're like me. I respect him as an adversary and dislike him because he's a Packer. These are the types of feelings to consider in the answer

OH...Enough Psyco babble already....Let's just Beat em!

Cheers!
    I would have gladly been one of the people giving him a standing ovation when he broke that record vs us, but i wasn't there.
    I respect the guy because no one has been victimized more by his HoF career than us

I'm equally a Vikings & Football fan, I'm just a Homer & proud of it

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

I am a Vikings fan and I appreciate the game and the history of the game.

I think if you appreciate the history of the game then there should be no doubt you recognize Favre for his accomplishments.
    You do not have to like him (I don't) but I respect what he has done in his career and all that he has accomplished.

lakehubertviking is offline Asst. Coach

I would say I'm a Vikes fan first and fan of the game second.
    I can appreciate other teams and will watch them, but I never miss a Vikes game while I couldn't really care less if I miss some other "big game" (like Pats-Indy) if I've got something better to do.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

I'm a Vikings fan.
    I hate the Packers and Brett Favre, but i stood and clapped with everybody else when queen cheesehead got the td record, so I guess I respect what he's done.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

I'm a Vikings fan first and foremost. It's not that I hate the NFL game, it's just that I have always loved the Vikings since they began in Minnesota and have followed them their whole NFL history. If the Vikes were to leave Minnesota, I don't think I would be nearly as excited to watch NFL football. I'd probably become even more of a fanatic college fan. I love the college game simply because of the fact that it's not a "money" game. Kids play for the fun and glory of it.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Frostbite is offline Coach

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    I'm a Vikings fan first and foremost. It's not that I hate the NFL game, it's just that I have always loved the Vikings since they began in Minnesota and have followed them their whole NFL history. If the Vikes were to leave Minnesota, I don't think I would be nearly as excited to watch NFL football. I'd probably become even more of a fanatic college fan. I love the college game simply because of the fact that it's not a "money" game. Kids play for the fun and glory of it.

Good answer and partially true. I do think even some of the College Ball players these days are being influenced heavily but what they see in dollar signs from the NFL. Granted most of them will never get there....but I do see this being a larger issue in College Football today. I like the High School games a lot too for the same reasons as you list as the College games COJOMAY.

Cheers!
    Where is Frostbite Falls Minnesota?

El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame

I am a Vikes fan first,but I usually watch
    another games also,it is hard being a franchise fan of any team and doesnt like the game itself.I have never played football btw but I will try to do it before I die....(With my 6-3 I could be a great WR
    ;D)

My favorite sport ,is not football, is the sport you know as soccer
    very popular here in Spain and in the rest of Europe.
    El underdog.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

I love football and I love the NFL period..

But it all started with the Vikings.. Ever since I was able to keep my head up straight and watch the TV my pops had on Vikes games..

So I grew up watching the Vikes ever since I can remember

Its all about Vikes for me.. But I love football in general and can watch anything

P.S
    I was happy for Brett it's a huge accomplishment.. Just sucks it happened at the dome

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

WoW,

Thats a hard one for me to answer.

I guess I can say this,
    I love the game of football and everything about it, and I'm happy and proud to have always been a
    fan of the Minnesota Vikings.

I grew up playing football, from pee wee leagues to high school, then since I didn't go to college but joined the Armed Forces, I played organized Flag leagues for many years.

I still keep it all fresh by enjoying going to my old High School to watch them play almost weekly,
    I can be found outside or in the park, playing and teaching my son David the sport ( and he's going to be goooooood, just watch ) ,
    I've also started to take him to college games with me, and we love to follow our Ucon Huskies esspeicaly....

I can also be found reading sports pages in the news paper and following on line the latest of going on's in the NFL....If it's Vikings news I want, what else to do but Sign in on PPO.

So I guess it's, football at all levels as a whole that I love about the game, and again, just Proud to be a Vikings Fan on top of it all...

;D

Nordic Ned

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast