coreyd is offline Coach

Fan Appreciation Day

I am thinking about taking my kids to the Fan Appreciation Day this year. It would be our first trip there. We live about two hours away. Just wondering if it is fun for kids and whether or not you can get a lot of autographs. The autographs are my main concern. I am getting us all jerseys and think it would be cool to have the player sign them.

Anyone been there before (dumb question)?

Any cool stories or cool things to look out for?

coreyd is offline Coach

Re: Fan Appreciation Day

So I take it nobody has ever been to it?

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"coreyd" wrote:
    So I take it nobody has ever been to it?
    I'm not really sure what day Fan Appreciation day is, to be honest.
    If it's a pre-season thing, then I've only been down there once, last year for the practice with the Chiefs and there were lots of things to do and autographs and stuff that night.

Is that the same thing?

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

no zeus, the Vikings & Chiefs practice isnt the same as fan appreciation day, that day is actually the only day you have to pay to get in ($10), every other training camp day is free.

heres some info on fan appreciation day coreyd

Date: Wednesday, August 15, 2007
    Time: 8:15 AM - 1:00 PM
    Cost: FREE

Fans, be sure to come out to the Alltel Vikings Training Camp on August 15 for Fan Appreciation Day. The Minnesota Vikings truly value your continued support of the team and wish to take this opportunity to thank you for attending the 2007 Alltel Vikings Training Camp. During the last practice of this year's camp, look for the Minnesota Vikings Cheerleaders passing out great prizes, register to win autographed Vikings merchandise and get autographs from the entire Minnesota Vikings roster!
    I'm not sure how they work the autographs on this day, but every other day 20 minutes before the morning practices are over they open up the gates to Vikings Village for 20 minutes for autographs from select players.
    I know its more then that on that day tho..

Plus like they said the cheerleaders are walking around, they're there on a lot of days, ecspecially the Chiefs/Vikings practice and FAD, they're all more then willing to sign shit and pose for pictures all the times i've been there (a shit load)

Plus if players are walking around and you're with kids, they're more willing to sign lol, so u have an advantage

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

oh yea, here might be another fun day for your kids, altho not as entertaining for you probably :P

3-A-Day of Dairy Kids Day and Youth Football Clinic
    Date: Wednesday, August 8, 2007
    Time: 12:00 Noon - 1:00 PM

The Minnesota Vikings and Minnesota State University, Mankato Mavericks Football Team invites boys and girls of all ages to participate in a FREE Youth Football Clinic at the Alltel Vikings Training Camp. Refreshments will be provided to all participants. In case of inclement weather, the clinic will be held inside Myers Field House.

Each child must submit a completed registration form with a liability waiver signed by a parent or guardian to participate in the event. The registration form is available online at vikings.com or may be picked up at the Training Camp Event Information Booth. Completed forms should be submitted upon check-in on the day of the event. Check-in begins at 10:30 AM at the north entrance to Blakeslee Stadium across from the Autograph Zone. Parents are reminded to pick their children up at the conclusion of the clinic.

Participants in the 3-A-Day of Dairy Youth Clinic will receive football instruction and be led in non-contact football drills by fourth-year Minnesota State University Head Football Coach, Jeff Jamrog, along with assistant coaches and current players.

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Vikes_King" wrote:
    no zeus, the Vikings & Chiefs practice isnt the same as fan appreciation day, that day is actually the only day you have to pay to get in ($10), every other training camp day is free.

heres some info on fan appreciation day coreyd

Date: Wednesday, August 15, 2007
    Time: 8:15 AM - 1:00 PM

Fans, be sure to come out to the Alltel Vikings Training Camp on August 15 for Fan Appreciation Day. The Minnesota Vikings truly value your continued support of the team and wish to take this opportunity to thank you for attending the 2007 Alltel Vikings Training Camp. During the last practice of this year's camp, look for the Minnesota Vikings Cheerleaders passing out great prizes, register to win autographed Vikings merchandise and get autographs from the entire Minnesota Vikings roster!
    I'm not sure how they work the autographs on this day, but every other day 20 minutes before the morning practices are over they open up the gates to Vikings Village for 20 minutes for autographs from select players.
    I know its more then that on that day tho..

Plus like they said the cheerleaders are walking around, they're there on a lot of days, ecspecially the Chiefs/Vikings practice and FAD, they're all more then willing to sign shit and pose for pictures all the times i've been there (a shit load)

Plus if players are walking around and you're with kids, they're more willing to sign lol, so u have an advantage
    20 minutes is not enough time. The lines will be huge & there will be many disappointed fans. At the draft party, many stood in lines for over an hour only to be turned away in the end.

I doubt you will see players walking around with the the exeption of past former players.

They pretty much come out of the dorm to the practice field & back to the dorm after practice.

You are seperated from the players by a chain link fence. The best opportunity to get autographs in the past is when the players head back to the dorm after practices & kids get preference.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

purple punk 56 is offline Training Camp

On the last day the players,,,, all the players and coaches walk along the field while we the fans hand them items to sigh after practice. It's a great day for the kids as well as us bigger kids. Last year back packs and small footballs were signed by the players and tossed up into the fans. A lot of fun.

As for normal autograph sessions....they do them after A.M. practices for 15 minutes. Select players like the O line one day then running backs the next and so on. You can get a lot in that time period. If your looking to get A.D.'s this year your going to have to be in line fast. Last year Greenway was the man who stole the show. It's going to be even crazier this year for A.D.

VIKES FAN FOR LIFE.
    GREAT
    PURPLE PRIDE.
    WONDERFUL
    HATEING MY CHEDDAR HEAD FAN NEIGHBOR.
    PRICELESS