Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni

Re: f pep, on to the NEXT 3 year plan

maybe its not pep who wants out. Maybe childress doesn't want pep and wilf did say that the hammer will come down on the players who were on that boat. I don't know anymore.... :sad:

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"Lando" wrote:
    I agree he Pepp is probably so sick of the media he doesn't want anything to do with them .. plus his injury may have hurt him mentally. But Childress stated earlier he wants competition between BJ and Pepp come next season and I will take that as truth. However, it would be nice if Pepp stepped up already and said I'm not going anywhere, I love the Vikings and I want to play here. Long Live Pepper!
    I have not posted this comment. I have been posting what Caine and Singer said for weeks now. But when I read your comment, what stood out was a thought that this is why DC hasn't spoken out that he wants to be here, because he wants to see if there are any offers out there from other teams that the Vikes would entertain. Most of this speculations by the fans could be put to rest by DC if he would just issue a statement at the very least that he wants to stay.

But it doesn't matter about the media, if DC issues a statement that he would like to stay, the articles would just switch angles and start talking about do the Viking really want him or Does he fit or Is he worth the Roster Bonus because of the injury. Point is, there will be gloomy stories. That is one reason I don't watch the news on TV(murder murder murder scandal shooting) and I am starting to not like reading news in print.

IMO: There will be gloom any way you look at it. Until there is something good to talk about like the Draft in April or the training camp in July.

IMO: If you can't handle the gloom stop reading the stupid articles or stop turning into a negative Nancy around here. I am tired of all the Wuss Boy posts (doesn't pertain to Lando's post) about how the sky is falling.

With that said, post what you want no one is stopping you, as long as you don't mind being a Nancy Boy.

collegeguyjeff is offline Hall of Famer

if he has another crappy year his trade value will go down even more, i think teams want him now cause his value has gone down cause of his knee.
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"collegeguyjeff" wrote:
    if he has another crappy year his trade value will go down even more, i think teams want him now cause his value has gone down cause of his knee.
    Exactly, DC has a lot to prove THIS YEAR. He should be damn determined to prove people wrong.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

That article really didn't tell us anything we didn't already know. Thanks for rehashing all of the bad crap...argh!

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

We can sit here and pontificate all we want but it's not going to do us any good except to vent a bit!
    Depending on how the media spins it will bring out the best or worst of Culpepper.
    If there's one thing all these rumors have taught me this year is to believe in the coach and his staff.
    I have a LOT of faith in Childress and in Wift. I will leave it in their capable hands and whatever will be will be. I'm not going to ty myself in knots over this thing.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Did the vikes learn nothing in 1999 when they went with an older QB?Keep Daunte!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I ll be dead and cold before I m green and gold

Thanks to PPE for sig

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

"ltrey33" wrote:
    That article really didn't tell us anything we didn't already know. Thanks for rehashing all of the bad crap...argh!
    And when did an article EVER tell us what we need to know?

The problem here isn't Daunte, his knee, or his attitude...it's the MEDIA.

These bozos think they have some God-given right to intrude into the lives of anyone who is remotely interesting...and if denied that, they create controversy by speculating and creating nothing out og thin air.

Remember the big stink about reporters DEMANDING to be let into the locker rooms? For God's sake...WHY?!?!?!? How about the MANDATORY press day before the Superbowl? The players HAVE to talk to the reporters. WHY?!?!?!?

If a player doesn't feel like talking to the media - i.e. He doesn't feel like being a whore - LET HIM.

The solution is to leave the media OUT of the locker rooms, OUT of the training facilities, and OUT of the limelight. If a player or a team wantsw to talk, that's one thing...but screw the speculation and the rumor-mongering.

I've ranted before about responsible journalism...more and more I'm starting to believe that those may be mutually exclusive terms.

Caine

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

Where there’s smoke, there’s fire.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"Caine" wrote:
    "ltrey33" wrote:
    And when did an article EVER tell us what we need to know?

The problem here isn't Daunte, his knee, or his attitude...it's the MEDIA.

These bozos think they have some God-given right to intrude into the lives of anyone who is remotely interesting...and if denied that, they create controversy by speculating and creating nothing out og thin air.

Remember the big stink about reporters DEMANDING to be let into the locker rooms? For God's sake...WHY?!?!?!? How about the MANDATORY press day before the Superbowl? The players HAVE to talk to the reporters. WHY?!?!?!?

If a player doesn't feel like talking to the media - i.e. He doesn't feel like being a whore - LET HIM.

The solution is to leave the media OUT of the locker rooms, OUT of the training facilities, and OUT of the limelight. If a player or a team wantsw to talk, that's one thing...but screw the speculation and the rumor-mongering.

I've ranted before about responsible journalism...more and more I'm starting to believe that those may be mutually exclusive terms.

Caine
    Haha, point taken.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast