Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    njpurple is offline Training Camp

Re: f pep, on to the NEXT 3 year plan

Culpepper rumors are starting to worry me.First off what the hell does culpepper think he is doing asking for a raise after a crappy year.
    After pep got injured he became invisible to the team [ some team leader]
    I sat if the romors are true then ship his but out & let Johnson take over the team.
    Give Johnson a stud running back & he would be fine with play action passes.
    draft a qb to groom him after johnson.
    Dont want to see that sceniaro but to me pep is not acting like a true leader of this team

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

This part says it all to me;

The biggest problem is that none of us really know where Culpepper stands on the issue.

Without knowing that, everything else you've read is pure speculation by the media trying to drum up controversy once again.

They've been chomping at the bit ever since the boat inncident died down to find some newsy hot gossip to twist, turn exploit & shove down their readers mouths, hoping that will it will leave them begging for more.

They're digging deep, grasping at straws & many readers of their columns are buying it hook, line & sinker.

Wait for the facts & wait to hear what DC or the front office has to say.

Furthermore, we didn't need a new thread started on DC contract, one already exists. This one should get locked down & moved.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "michaelmazid" wrote:
    I am starting to doubt that we'll see Daunte playing for the vikes next year. I am just curious that if not daunte, than who? especially in the long run.
    Someone in another thread said it best, it will be like chasing the QB ghost. Sure BJ for a few years, then what. Wishing and waiting for talent!

Anyone know how to use the beserk Yell! 5000 post and I haven't used it once.
    The thing that scares me the most is that we become a team where we are constantly looking to upgrade the QB position and never have a solid starter in there.

I know last year with Pep was not pretty, but for the most part we knew who our starter was and that there was no question whether we needed to replace him.

I would hate to become a Redskins of the past with Shuller, Ferotte, and that other guy. Always searching for just the right guy and playing very medicore at the QB position.

Know what I mean?

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "michaelmazid" wrote:
    I am starting to doubt that we'll see Daunte playing for the vikes next year. I am just curious that if not daunte, than who? especially in the long run.
    Someone in another thread said it best, it will be like chasing the QB ghost. Sure BJ for a few years, then what. Wishing and waiting for talent!

The thing that scares me the most is that we become a team where we are constantly looking to upgrade the QB position and never have a solid starter in there.

I know last year with Pep was not pretty, but for the most part we knew who our starter was and that there was no question whether we needed to replace him.

I would hate to become a Redskins of the past with Shuller, Ferotte, and that other guy. Always searching for just the right guy and playing very medicore at the QB position.

Know what I mean?
    Chicago & Detroit ring a bell? :wink:

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

SamDawg84 Guest

i wonder why we cant get ahold of daunte?

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Suprise, suprise...another "Daunte wants out" doom-n-gloom article in the paper.

Like Singer said, no one knows jack. The media, desperate for a story, is creating controversy at a time we need it least (Of course, is there ever a time we NEED it?). They did it to Moss, and their doing it to Culpepper.

The bottom line here is that if Daunte wants out, they'll trade him...even if it means taking a loss. There is no point having a "Franchise" quarterback who doesn't want to be a part of your franchise.

And, if they trade him, they'll go for someone who will fit into our anticipated scheme...and there are QB's out there already, and more in the draft, who will.

I'm not too worried about Daunte, to tell the truth. Until HE says something like, "I want out", I refuse to give credit to these media guesses. Notice where the article says that Daunte isn't returning MEDIA calls? They think that they're so important that he should cater to their every whim.

SCREW THEM!!!!

They ran Moss out of town, and they'll do the same to Culpepper given half a chance. And all it adds up to is we get screwed - again - by the media.

I really can't stand those tards.

Caine

Lando is offline Rookie

I agree he Pepp is probably so sick of the media he doesn't want anything to do with them .. plus his injury may have hurt him mentally. But Childress stated earlier he wants competition between BJ and Pepp come next season and I will take that as truth. However, it would be nice if Pepp stepped up already and said I'm not going anywhere, I love the Vikings and I want to play here. Long Live Pepper!

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "michaelmazid" wrote:

Know what I mean?
    Chicago & Detroit ring a bell? :wink:
    Look at how long it took Hasselback to work himself to a playoff win, 5 years. Is this going to be a deal like Holmgren where our coach goes back to his old team and snatches a Qb that he has already taught for years, McMahon is the only guy on that roster to take. NO Way dude!

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

I agree hole heartedly with Caine...

I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the ride, whatever happens happens...

There's just to many dam stories with lots of different twist and angles flying around now....

I still don't see PEP leaving us.........He is an elite QB and will do fine once he practices and learns the new offense...

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

SamDawg84 Guest

caine i love ur sig man. it sorta reminds me of ganondorf from the zelda games. i totally agree with ur post caine. i defintily couldnt make a post like that

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast