Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    To me the difference is that with Childress they would run the same play but have multiple personnel packages to run it from throughout the game. That created as much or more confusion with the personnel as they had to figure out who was on the field for each personnel package, Musgrave seems to be simplifying the number of personnel packages and more diverse in the plays they run from those packages, leaving it up to Ponder to decide where the ball should go.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    To me the difference is that with Childress they would run the same play but have multiple personnel packages to run it from throughout the game. That created as much or more confusion with the personnel as they had to figure out who was on the field for each personnel package, Musgrave seems to be simplifying the number of personnel packages and more diverse in the plays they run from those packages, leaving it up to Ponder to decide where the ball should go.
    Damn fine point that I agree 100% on. Kindof begs the question, why is it working in Seattle (Bevs hasn't changed much other than more verticle passing attempts) and it didn't work here.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Damn fine point that I agree 100% on. Kindof begs the question, why is it working in Seattle (Bevs hasn't changed much other than more verticle passing attempts) and it didn't work here.
    What's your definition of working? Seattle's offense is 28th in PPG at 17.2, 27th in total YPG at 287.2 and 31st in passing ypg at 147.

VikeCane305 is offline Rookie
    PERCY "NO MERCY" HARVIN for MVP. I liked the play-calling, and our D showed up once again. Josh Robinson is gonna be good for us for a long time. I like his speed and focus that he plays with. Great overall win baby!

SKOL VIKINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "AKA" PURPLEPOWERPUNCH

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Because they were smart enough to get rid of Jackson after 1 season.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    What's your definition of working? Seattle's offense 31st in passing ypg at 147.
    Last year they were 22nd. Looks like the addition of Wilson & Flynn has actually been detrimental to their passing game thus far.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Because they were smart enough to get rid of Jackson after 1 season.
    LOL, you crack me up.

Watch what happens to Flynn after this year. He sure isn't what they wanted.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    What's your definition of working? Seattle's offense is 28th in PPG at 17.2, 27th in total YPG at 287.2 and 31st in passing ypg at 147.
    I'm referring to last year. They actually, going into the last 3 or 4 games, were 3rd or 4th in throws of over 20 yards.

That's why they can't get Flynn on the field and went with the kid. He lobs them out there and their secondary was eating him up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12