Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    duluthvikeslover85 is offline Training Camp

Re: Experts Picking Vikes - Why?

"smootpepper" wrote:
    Yeah, anytime a MN team gets picked to win anything they usually fall flat on there asses.

Look at this year, Timberwolves picked to be the favorite in the west. Oh wait, they barely made a .500 record.

Twins hyped up to win the world series. I dont see that happening by how they are playing.

Vikings picked to go far into the playoffs. Will see how this one works.

Im starting to get to the point where I just write off the season if we are picked to win anything because its always a disappointment.
    Purple and Gold all the way

audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

I don't know about you'z guyz, but I am soaking it all in....it gives me something to read about day to day....imagine if we were the bears, there would be no stories for us to read, nothing to look forward to...

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

One of the problems in recent years with Vikings teams is that the offense has been very highly ranked whilst the defence has been the opposite.
    Now that we have lost Moss then some feel that the offensive ranking will drop - that we have to wait and see as, has been discussed before, there should be a more balanced offense. So maybe now we might only be in the top 10 as opposed to the top 5 or so as previous.
    On the other hand the defence have done what many have wanted/ suggested and upgraded with new personnel. So even if they only get into the top 15 then that is a vast improvement over what we have had previously.
    So given that I can see why the media are looking at the team so favourably at the moment, of course if the D goes belly up when the season starts then we'll soon fall out of favour with the media. The question is one of balance and at long last we may have something near that.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

you have to remember, one of these so called "experts" picked jacksonville to beat Seatle in the superbowl. after a pick like that its hard to take them seriously anymore

C-PepNSalt is offline Pro-Bowler

I'd rather us not count on the White Sox crashing again this year, i'd rather see the Twins pulling out the stops and doing some good ol' fashioned butt kicking. I like Cuddyer, he's going a bit slow, but I think he'll pick it up and come out strong hopefully soon.
    "Johnson, we will keep on beating them until morale improves."

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

"jdvike" wrote:
    Well the T-Wolves were a big disappointment-failed to reach the playoffs

I guess I missed where people were picking the Twins to win the series.

The Twins are playing pretty good ball,the only reason they are not in first place, is because of the White Sux.The Twins have a good 5 man rotation,and one of the best bullpens in the majors-The twins are 10 games above .500 and the White Sox always fade after the break.

The Vikings have a big hole to fill in their offensive arsenal,plus all the new pieces to fit in the puzzle on the defensive side of the ball.

Im optimistic, but im also realistic,Im not one of those that thinks that if we dont go to the big game, this season is a bust.-We make the playoffs and then we'll see.
    I'm with you, I don't remember hearing people picking the Twins to win the World Series, but you have to realize they have the fourth best record in the majors! If not for the White Sox starting out so hot, we would be in first place. Like Jdvike said, we have a strong starting 5 rotation and a great bullpen, and our team ERA leads the majors! I think the Twins will continue to play well and win the division yet again, and we will have a good shot in the playoffs because the d@mn yankees won't be there this year.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

Soak up all the love from the media as Viking fans as long as we can because they will all jump off the bandwagon by week six because they think we will probably fade away again in the second half.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

No offense intended, but the media hype machine always works in overdrive in the offseason. Cripes, they do a new NFL Total Access on the NFL Network every night...what else do they have to talk about???

The Vikes have won the offseason Super Bowl. But trust me, if you fall on your face in Week 1, the media will put your hype in a drawer so fast it will make your head spin.

They're very fickle...one week they were laughing at the Panthers and Saints, they next they were touting them as surging playoff contenders, and then, they were never mentioned again.

Bathe in your hype, but take it with a grain of salt. It's about as sincere as they negative hype you used to get. It's just a story until the games are played.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

Unfortunately Los is correct, the media is fickle. They couldn't get enough of the Vikes Tice's first year...winning, what, the first 6 games?...and we all remember what happened after that...the media just went on and on about our 'choking'.

Everytime they start talking about how great the Vikes are or will be, I get a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach...(how the sam-hill did we lose to Atlanta at home after a 15-1 season?). Although I love being able to hear more about the Vikes during the pre-game show, I'd rather not have them jinxing the Vikings...

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"AngloVike" wrote:
    One of the problems in recent years with Vikings teams is that the offense has been very highly ranked whilst the defence has been the opposite.
    Now that we have lost Moss then some feel that the offensive ranking will drop - that we have to wait and see as, has been discussed before, there should be a more balanced offense. So maybe now we might only be in the top 10 as opposed to the top 5 or so as previous.
    On the other hand the defence have done what many have wanted/ suggested and upgraded with new personnel. So even if they only get into the top 15 then that is a vast improvement over what we have had previously.
    So given that I can see why the media are looking at the team so favourably at the moment, of course if the D goes belly up when the season starts then we'll soon fall out of favour with the media. The question is one of balance and at long last we may have something near that.
    Whilst??? Man, that is just way to eloquent for us savage Americans! :lol: Just kidding!

Good call, Anglo! Balance is the key...good offense, better defense...the Vikes may have finally gotten it just right...and you may just become an honorary American yet!!! :grin:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast