Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    bender_over is offline Rookie

Experts Picking Vikes - Why?

Does anybody else get a strange feeling that a lot of "experts" are picking the Vikes to have a Super Bowl type season because Moss is gone? Let's face it, there's a lot of Moss haters out there but I think there's still enough questions on our team to make me warry of picking the Vikes to go to the Super Bowl.

Are our defensive acquisitions going to be healthy and if so will they play at their best? Can Bennett stay healthy? Will our offensive line be as strong as in year's past with Birk injured to start the year and Dixon not under contract? How will our offense look without Moss? Can Burleson be the #1 receiver a lot of people are expecting him to be?

Don't get me wrong, I have a good feeling about this year, but I've got to wonder if my excitement is due to not having seen the Vikes play in five months and wondering how they'll look with the new additions.

Angryviking is offline Starter

Re: Experts Picking Vikes - Why?

I always get nervous when so called "experts" pick Minnesota to win in anything. A lot of so called "experts" picked the Timberwolves to win it all this season in the NBA and they didn't even get to the playoffs. But hopefully the "experts" are finally right this time about the Vikings.
    b07c3df44d1c1ef4f2f2dc468267cdf3

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

I too get nervous listening to everybody picking us for this and that. I would rather "fly under the radar".

smootpepper is offline Pro-Bowler

Yeah, anytime a MN team gets picked to win anything they usually fall flat on there asses.

Look at this year, Timberwolves picked to be the favorite in the west. Oh wait, they barely made a .500 record.

Twins hyped up to win the world series. I dont see that happening by how they are playing.

Vikings picked to go far into the playoffs. Will see how this one works.

Im starting to get to the point where I just write off the season if we are picked to win anything because its always a disappointment.

If spree wouldnt have whined like a b!tch and cassell would have realized he is a year away from being retired, then maybe they would have just played the game. If they would have done that the pups would have done something. With that said, I am glad spree will never wear a minnesota jersey again, and next it is cassell. Bye bye b!itches!!! the twins just need a third basemen and they are set! The wild just need to start playing...PLEASE START PLAYING... the Vikings will do just fine, I am starting to think we are the cubs fans of football. We love are team and most of us won't hang ourselves if we don't win the championship
    You republican whore!

jdvike is offline Hall of Famer

Well the T-Wolves were a big disappointment-failed to reach the playoffs

I guess I missed where people were picking the Twins to win the series.

The Twins are playing pretty good ball,the only reason they are not in first place, is because of the White Sux.The Twins have a good 5 man rotation,and one of the best bullpens in the majors-The twins are 10 games above .500 and the White Sox always fade after the break.

The Vikings have a big hole to fill in their offensive arsenal,plus all the new pieces to fit in the puzzle on the defensive side of the ball.

Im optimistic, but im also realistic,Im not one of those that thinks that if we dont go to the big game, this season is a bust.-We make the playoffs and then we'll see.

Right now,we need a second baseman more than we need anything, with Rivas and Punto on the D.L.

The white sox will not fade this year, they are playing great baseball. Which sucks because i hate the white sox. The twins need to trade to get a decent third basemen, punto will come back, cudyer will still suck!
    You republican whore!

The Sux fade every year..so they have better pitching this year...still gonna fade.Check the records at the break the last 3 years.

Cudyer is a younger player, and hes been shifted all over the field.Now that he has a home at third, I think he'll be just fine.His bat is questionable, but his fielding is coming around nicely, and he has a cannon for an arm.

smootpepper is offline Pro-Bowler

"jdvike" wrote:

I guess I missed where people were picking the Twins to win the series.
    There were lots of articles about the twins going all the way before the season started. 4 out of 6 espn guys had them picked to win it all. One of the CBS sportsline writers had them picked to go all the way. They had lots of press before the season started but that has all died off now that they are playing below expectations.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast