Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    GreenBaySlackers is offline Star Spokesman

Re: EXPECTATIONS OF VIKES AND TICE TOO HIGH

^^^
    LOL

more red writing there then on my last spanish essey...

OchoCinco is offline Coordinator

The ultimate troll slayer has spoken..well said Del.....

MensaTice is offline Star Spokesman

Haven't won anything yet? Sure you're talking about this season but whats the head-to-head postseason record between the Vikes and pack?

[color=red]

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

"PackerPride" wrote:
    I hope you vikings fans aren't too disappointed 6 months from now. I'll be the first to agree that you guys brought in some talent, but talent doesn't = wins, team chemistry does. This is a crucial year for both Mike Tice and Mike Sherman, as if neither gets the jobs done, they could both get canned.
    As for w8ing for the season to start, Packer fans feel the same way all of you do, Sept. can't get here fast enough. I do believe that it will come down to the Packers and Vikes at the end of the year, as it always does, but too many of you count out the Brett Favre factor. You guys do realize the Pack have NEVER had a losing season with Brett at the helm right?
    I'm not here to Troll, just to bring some of you fanboi's back down to reality, as the Vikings haven't won anything yet (not even a game). Let the flames begin, but try to keep them atleast somewhat intelligent.
    You claim that we "count out the Brett Favre factor"...yet I'd counter with you guys lean too heavily upon it. All of your hopes - and I do mean ALL - ride on Favre, as if he, and he alone, can somehow overcome the serious lack of talent your team currently suffers from. The fact that your once powerful Offensive line is now decimated doesn't seem to factor in to the Packer fan optimism I see spewing forth from each of you.

A little reality slap here - without a solid O-line, what happens? Running backs don't have the holes they once had to scamper through (That means Ahman "I can't believe it's not butter" Green or Najeh "I thought this WAS the bathroom" Davenport gets hit earlier), and your QB (Brett "Don't hit me, don't hit me, I'm a hall-of-famer" Favre) has no time to deliver the ball to his receivers (Donald "I dropped another one" Driver, Robert "Ohhhh...my neck" Ferguson, and Jovan "I want more than I'm worth" Walker) or your tight end (Bubba "Transition THIS" Franks).

What does that equate to? LESS Offensive production.

Then, we take a gander at the Defensive side of the ball. Uh-oh. Were did everyone go? What's that?!?!? You have NO Defense?!?!? How do you expect to win? What's that you say? Brett Favre will save you?

The same Favre who's favorite target in the play-offs is anyone NOT wearing green and gold? Oh...this should be funny.

So, while I understand WHY you say what you say (You HAVE to...you're a Packer fan), I believe you're about as far off base as it is humanly possible to be. You could not be more wrong...you could try to be, but you could not succeed. Your offense WILL score some points...but your defense will give them all away...and then some. How do we (The Viking fans) know this? We were in that boat for the last 5 years.

My predictions are:

1: Green Bay will be fighting with Chicago for 3rd in the Division this year.

2: Sherman will get his walking papers.

3: Favre will get hurt this year and break his consecutive start streak.

4: Rodgers will show everyone exactly why no one took him ahead of Green Bay in the entry draft.

5: We will soon be hearing the retooled version of the Packer fan lament from the 70's and 80's in the form of, "oh yeah? Well when we had Brett Favre...."

Come on back in 6 months. We'll have a nice staeming hot plate of crow for you to eat.

Caine

"Del Rio" wrote:
    That's what's great about being a fan. You can hope and wish all you want. Some people like to stay grounded, some people like to invest a lot of faith in things they care about.

I have absolutely no idea what the point of your post was. If it was an attempt to tell a fan how to be a fan you get an F+

I am guessing all it is, is an attempt for you to try and feel better about YOUR team, an ill attempt at trying to reassure yourself that everything will be ok cause of pappa Favre.

Other then that it was pretty .damn. useless, and yet you request intelligence? Since your post is pretty much troll feces I'll translate it for everyone here.

I hope you vikings fans aren't too disappointed 6 months from nowWhat he really means is god they look good on paper I'm scared, hold me uncle billy hold me tight.

I'll be the first to agree that you guys brought in some talent, but talent doesn't = wins, team chemistry does- What he really means is look WE all know your team is the bomb, I mean look at your roster for Christ sakes, but we all know that since my team is lacking in talent I will give some tired speel on team chemistry. Forget that you all have seen the Vikings practice and have seen and read stories of the line living together, eating out having a good time and the competitive nature of your team is amazing, you have to see where I am coming from, a troll just pulling shit from the sky with nothing to back it up.

This is a crucial year for both Mike Tice and Mike Sherman, as if neither gets the jobs done, they could both get canned.- What he meant to say was obviously this has nothing to do with anything. I just am really pissed at Sherman for pissing away my franchise.

As for w8ing for the season to start, Packer fans feel the same way all of you do, Sept. can't get here fast enough. -What he meant to say is LOOK AT ME I CAN INSERT NUMBERS INTO WORDS AND SAVE MY FINGERS FROM SPELLING 3 MORE LETTERS........YES *fist pump* Oh and yeah bring it on.

I do believe that it will come down to the Packers and Vikes at the end of the year, as it always does, but too many of you count out the Brett Favre factor. You guys do realize the Pack have NEVER had a losing season with Brett at the helm right?- WHat he meant to say is I know for the last 7 years the only two teams in our division that were worth mentioning were the Vikings and the Packers, I know we have reaped the benifits of a weak division. But you guys are counting on Favre Factor, I know you have no clue about the Favre factor because it is something I made up, I do that time to time. I have a bunch of beautiful Favre Flowers in my garden, and a nice fantastic Favre fountain outside.

I'm not here to Troll, just to bring some of you fanboi's back down to reality, as the Vikings haven't won anything yet (not even a game). Let the flames begin, but try to keep them atleast somewhat intelligent- What he meant to say is I know everything I said was something a troll would say, but I'm not one. I know I'm an asshat for coming on to a major Viking site and trolling as a result I know I will be flamed, but please say smart things, because my lack of smart things in my own post need to be made up for somehow. If I request that you say intelligent things then maybe some of you will assume I had something intelligent to say myself when in fact I did not.

All I really needed to type was something along the lines of Don't get too cocky you guys look good on paper, but it's a long season and the game is played on the field.........................but since I have a big azz clumps of wool in between my fingers I couldn't quite pull it off.

amen to the del rio

smootpepper is offline Pro-Bowler

"PackerPride" wrote:
    I hope you vikings fans aren't too disappointed 6 months from now. I'll be the first to agree that you guys brought in some talent, but talent doesn't = wins, team chemistry does. This is a crucial year for both Mike Tice and Mike Sherman, as if neither gets the jobs done, they could both get canned.
    As for w8ing for the season to start, Packer fans feel the same way all of you do, Sept. can't get here fast enough. I do believe that it will come down to the Packers and Vikes at the end of the year, as it always does, but too many of you count out the Brett Favre factor. You guys do realize the Pack have NEVER had a losing season with Brett at the helm right?
    I'm not here to Troll, just to bring some of you fanboi's back down to reality, as the Vikings haven't won anything yet (not even a game). Let the flames begin, but try to keep them atleast somewhat intelligent.
    @ Detroit Lions L Detroit rips your D apart
    Cleveland Browns W this could be close
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers* W this team needs help
    @ Carolina Panthers L could be close
    New Orleans Saints W Have talent, dont perform
    bye
    @ Minnesota Vikings L Look at last year
    @ Cincinnati Bengals W Bengals???
    Pittsburgh Steelers L Good D. Should be close
    @ Atlanta Falcons L Vick hits 1000yrds running
    Minnesota Vikings L Look at last year
    @ Philadelphia Eagles L Look at last year
    @ Chicago Bears 12 L Bears are hard to beat x2
    Detroit Lions 7:30 W Lions cant win them all
    @ Baltimore Ravens L There D shuts you down
    Chicago Bears W Bears??? Hard call
    Seattle Seahawks W Could Go either Way

hello 7-9

Only reason the pack losses to us 2 times this year, our D stops them One more time then it did last year. final score 31 - 28. And that is giving you the benefit that our D doesnt Gel.

Space Coyote Guest

Hi all! How's it goin? I've been away for a little bit but I'm back now. I was just over in a Playstation forum posting all kinds of stuff about how much the xbox is going to PWN the Crapstation!!! You should have seen how pissed off everyone got. I'm not trying to be a troll or nothin' but man I just had to put all of those fanboi losers in their pla...WOAH! What's goin on here in this thread??

HOLY CRAP IN A PITA!!!

THE VIKINGS PWN JOO!!!
    0M6!! 7H3 V1K1n65 4|23 83773|2 7H4n y0U! 6|233n 84y 5UCK5! Y0U 5155y 80y y0U n33|} 70 C|24wL 84CK 1n70 7H3 H0L3 y0U C4M3 f|20M 83f0|23 1 0wn y0U|2 455!!

AMD64 (939) X2 [email protected] 11x232fsb (1.47v)
    Venus 12 TT w/ 80mm adjustable fan
    MSI K8N NEO2 Platinum
    OCZ 600 Powerstream
    (2x512) GSkill @ PC3700 (464ddr)
    BFG 6800 OC (385/850) @ Quadro FX4000
    2x36.7GB Raptor HDD
    80GB Seagate SATA HDD
    Liteon 16x DVD-rom
    NEC-3500 DL DVD writer

SINCERELY,
    SIR-CRACKS-ALOT!!!
    (aka space-coyote)

PAvikesfan is offline Star Spokesman

in fact a troll... definition of troll from the troll marshal guide book:

"a. one who lurks and then posts a gorilla style thread, attacking the site's overall intelligence and team.
    b. one who posts poo expecting for it to get dismantled and cannot respond well or at all because of a lack of wit."

you, sir, are a troll!

GreenBaySlackers is offline Star Spokesman

"Space Coyote" wrote:
    Hi all! How's it goin? I've been away for a little bit but I'm back now. I was just over in a Playstation forum posting all kinds of stuff about how much the xbox is going to PWN the Crapstation!!! You should have seen how pissed off everyone got. I'm not trying to be a troll or nothin' but man I just had to put all of those fanboi losers in their pla...WOAH! What's goin on here in this thread??

HOLY CRAP IN A PITA!!!

THE VIKINGS PWN JOO!!!
    0M6!! 7H3 V1K1n65 4|23 83773|2 7H4n y0U! 6|233n 84y 5UCK5! Y0U 5155y 80y y0U n33|} 70 C|24wL 84CK 1n70 7H3 H0L3 y0U C4M3 f|20M 83f0|23 1 0wn y0U|2 455!!

AMD64 (939) X2 [email protected] 11x232fsb (1.47v)
    Venus 12 TT w/ 80mm adjustable fan
    MSI K8N NEO2 Platinum
    OCZ 600 Powerstream
    (2x512) GSkill @ PC3700 (464ddr)
    BFG 6800 OC (385/850) @ Quadro FX4000
    2x36.7GB Raptor HDD
    80GB Seagate SATA HDD
    Liteon 16x DVD-rom
    NEC-3500 DL DVD writer

SINCERELY,
    SIR-CRACKS-ALOT!!!
    (aka space-coyote)
    :scratch: Wtf mate... fvckin' kangaroos...

Space Coyote Guest

Just havin some good-natured fun PackerPride. Don't mind me...

But seriously, the Vikings have much to look forward to this season, especially concerning the Vikes-Packer rivalry. We took some major steps in the off season and the Pack has officially entered "rebuilding" mode.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast