Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    PackerPride is offline Training Camp

EXPECTATIONS OF VIKES AND TICE TOO HIGH

I hope you vikings fans aren't too disappointed 6 months from now. I'll be the first to agree that you guys brought in some talent, but talent doesn't = wins, team chemistry does. This is a crucial year for both Mike Tice and Mike Sherman, as if neither gets the jobs done, they could both get canned.
    As for w8ing for the season to start, Packer fans feel the same way all of you do, Sept. can't get here fast enough. I do believe that it will come down to the Packers and Vikes at the end of the year, as it always does, but too many of you count out the Brett Favre factor. You guys do realize the Pack have NEVER had a losing season with Brett at the helm right?
    I'm not here to Troll, just to bring some of you fanboi's back down to reality, as the Vikings haven't won anything yet (not even a game). Let the flames begin, but try to keep them atleast somewhat intelligent.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: EXPECTATIONS OF VIKES AND TICE TOO HIGH

Boooo!!!!!

I hope you're still here 6 months from now so we can serve you a big pl8 of cr0.

Are you an Avril Lavigne fan sk8rboi? Is it really that hard to type "ait" instead of "8"?

Del Rio Guest

"PackerPride" wrote:
    I hope you vikings fans aren't too disappointed 6 months from now. I'll be the first to agree that you guys brought in some talent, but talent doesn't = wins, team chemistry does. This is a crucial year for both Mike Tice and Mike Sherman, as if neither gets the jobs done, they could both get canned.
    As for w8ing for the season to start, Packer fans feel the same way all of you do, Sept. can't get here fast enough. I do believe that it will come down to the Packers and Vikes at the end of the year, as it always does, but too many of you count out the Brett Favre factor. You guys do realize the Pack have NEVER had a losing season with Brett at the helm right?
    I'm not here to Troll, just to bring some of you fanboi's back down to reality, as the Vikings haven't won anything yet (not even a game). Let the flames begin, but try to keep them atleast somewhat intelligent.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Our expectations are too high?

Take a look in the mirror.

And you want to talk about team chemistry?

You're god and patron saint Brett Favre is probably at the center of the Packers biggest controversy, telling Javon Walker to get his ass into training camp.

We got rid of our chemistry problems. i.e Randy Moss.

I believe that the Vikes and Pack will be #1 and 2 in the NFC North, but the pack will not be over .500, and definitely will not get the Wildcard.

You lost Marco Rivera, and that other good lineman you had, his name doesnt come to mind right now, and I don't have time to look anything up at the moment, Favre will be sacked 2 or 3 times per game. 4-6 Times against the Vikes, and Im saying 6-10 or 7-9 if the Packers get lucky.

I'm sorry, but the Pack are not what they used to be, and I know it's hard for Favre Lovers to admit, but this will be his last.

C-PepNSalt is offline Pro-Bowler

You are right the vikings haven't won anything yet, but times change people grow older and their vision blurs. Favre is having a tough time figuring out who's who on the field. Favre should have retired, but by staying, he will only be hurting his team and helping out ours!
    "Johnson, we will keep on beating them until morale improves."

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Look guys, a brand new Fudgepacker fan to beat up on...and he claims to be intelligent...let the games begin!!!

Reality is that the Packers have even less team chemistry than what you might think that the Vikings may or may not possess...Grady Jackson causing problems, Walker coming to camp disgruntled about his contract, losing two-fifths of your starting offensive line, and your coach getting stripped of his GM status...yes, Favre came into camp in good shape and you guys got a new DC...but the fact of the matter is that you guys at the very most only stayed about where you were last year...the Vikings made significant improvements in several areas of weakness...to a team that beat your team the last time that they played. ALL signs point to the Vikings ending up with a better team than they had last year...which would cause most logical people to concur that the Vikings will win the NFC North. Only Packer fans would attempt to spin it any other way. I will give you that the season hasn't started yet, but stick around...you might end up with a year's supply of crow to stock in your freezer before all is said and done!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

GreenBaySlackers is offline Star Spokesman

Aight boi, ya dont need to get frontin in my grill homes, wes just chillens, strait up wurd...

now if you'll excuse me im going to go put a gun in mouth...

douginc is offline Starter

Honestly, our expectations for the Vikings might be a little high, considering our new players need a while to jell together. Otherwise, from what I have seen on camp videos, reports from ESPN, and read about in the papers, the Viking chemistry is better than it has been in a long time, and it doesn't seem to be smoke up the ass. I truly believe that chemistry alone could bring the Vikes to a playoff. Our D is improved, and yes, we lost Moss, but our receiver depth chart hasn't looked hotter than when Moss and Carter were together, with our 3 sons (Burly, Robin, and William) and T.T. This should spread the secondary much nicer.

I told my brother yesterday (a huge Vikes fan), if I go into a coma tomorrow and wake up exactly a year from today, I wouldn't be surprised if the Vikings went 5-13 or 15-1. You can easily see how it could go either great or bad. I highly doubt it will be an exact repeat of last year however.

So, no, I don't plan on flaming a packerfan; you root for your team, I'll cheer on mine. I just have no plans on invading your forums and playing Devil's Advocate.

Did anyone read the Pioneer Press story in the paper about how the 2 new linemen for G.B. haven't been doing as well as hoped? I think that alone can crush the Packs chances, to be honest.

OchoCinco is offline Coordinator

I know you guys don't have a lot to talk about over on the packer website and all but lets be real....for you guys to be tellin us about chemistry is a joke, your fearless leader has proven that. Sharper and your linemen were the only one's who got out of town while the gettin was good, Walker and Jackson don't wanna be around for the slaughter either. Your grasping straws over here brother....your time has come and gone...Rodgers as your future..lol...get used to the cellar buddy....

Del Rio Guest

That's what's great about being a fan. You can hope and wish all you want. Some people like to stay grounded, some people like to invest a lot of faith in things they care about.

I have absolutely no idea what the point of your post was. If it was an attempt to tell a fan how to be a fan you get an F+

I am guessing all it is, is an attempt for you to try and feel better about YOUR team, an ill attempt at trying to reassure yourself that everything will be ok cause of pappa Favre.

Other then that it was pretty .damn. useless, and yet you request intelligence? Since your post is pretty much troll feces I'll translate it for everyone here.

I hope you vikings fans aren't too disappointed 6 months from now:What he really means is god they look good on paper I'm scared, hold me uncle billy hold me tight.

I'll be the first to agree that you guys brought in some talent, but talent doesn't = wins, team chemistry does- What he really means is look WE all know your team is the bomb, I mean look at your roster for Christ sakes, but we all know that since my team is lacking in talent I will give some tired speel on team chemistry. Forget that you all have seen the Vikings practice and have seen and read stories of the line living together, eating out having a good time and the competitive nature of your team is amazing, you have to see where I am coming from, a troll just pulling shit from the sky with nothing to back it up.

This is a crucial year for both Mike Tice and Mike Sherman, as if neither gets the jobs done, they could both get canned.- What he meant to say was obviously this has nothing to do with anything. I just am really pissed at Sherman for pissing away my franchise.

As for w8ing for the season to start, Packer fans feel the same way all of you do, Sept. can't get here fast enough. -What he meant to say is LOOK AT ME I CAN INSERT NUMBERS INTO WORDS AND SAVE MY FINGERS FROM SPELLING 3 MORE LETTERS........YES *fist pump* Oh and yeah bring it on.

I do believe that it will come down to the Packers and Vikes at the end of the year, as it always does, but too many of you count out the Brett Favre factor. You guys do realize the Pack have NEVER had a losing season with Brett at the helm right?- WHat he meant to say is I know for the last 7 years the only two teams in our division that were worth mentioning were the Vikings and the Packers, I know we have reaped the benifits of a weak division. But you guys are counting on Favre Factor, I know you have no clue about the Favre factor because it is something I made up, I do that time to time. I have a bunch of beautiful Favre Flowers in my garden, and a nice fantastic Favre fountain outside. I have a fresco of Favre floating fluently above my favre fountain of favreness. I have a lifesize favre foundation sculpture that is quite flattering including his fantastic flavored favre factor that is fully functional.

I'm not here to Troll, just to bring some of you fanboi's back down to reality, as the Vikings haven't won anything yet (not even a game). Let the flames begin, but try to keep them atleast somewhat intelligent- What he meant to say is I know everything I said was something a troll would say, but I'm not one. I know I'm an asshat for coming on to a major Viking site and trolling as a result I know I will be flamed, but please say smart things, because my lack of smart things in my own post need to be made up for somehow. If I request that you say intelligent things then maybe some of you will assume I had something intelligent to say myself when in fact I did not.

All I really needed to type was something along the lines of: Don't get too cocky you guys look good on paper, but it's a long season and the game is played on the field.........................but since I have big azz clumps of wool in between my fingers I couldn't quite pull it off.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast