Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Expectations for Jackson should continue to rise

I don't know why people are expecting Tarvaris to produce in his 5th start, in an offense that typically takes 5 years to master.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    I don't know why people are expecting Tarvaris to produce in his 5th start, in an offense that typically takes 5 years to master.
    Well if it takes 5 years to master our offense, time to think about a new offensive scheme. Exactly how many of our offensive players ate locked up beyond 2011 & how many of this years new players are locked up beyond 2012?

What are the odds that an entire offense will play together for a lot more than 5 years together?

Now ask yourself, is it worth a 5 year investment?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

Expectations should continue to rise...no question.

Picked this up on ESPN Insider...not copying the link because it has too much non-Viking content.
    I find it interesting because we've been debating this for awhile.

Gary Horton has been a football talent evaluator for more than 30 years. He spent 10 years in the NFL and 10 years at the college level before launching a private scouting firm called "The War Room," which later became Football Scouts, Inc.
    ================================================== =========================================
    Walt (NJ): Gary, please tell me there's hope for the Vikes. I mean, they have an above average defense, some good young talent on offense. I still think Childress can right this ship. Your thoughts?

Gary Horton: Brad Childress is a great friend of mine and there is nobody I want to succeed more, bit something is missing with this team. i think of defense they will stay sound, but I just don't know what their offensive of idenitity is. I think they may have made a mistake thinking Tarvaris Jackson was rady this early. I just do not see much a flow to this team right now. Nothing really negative, I just do not know who they are.
    ================================================== =========================================

This comment from one of Chilly's friends.
    Kinda summarizes where many of us are.

Now, did any of you pick up Rich Gannon on Sirius NFL Radio this morning?
    He does a weekly interview with Dean Dalton and some other guy, talking about Quarterback match-ups.
    This week, given TJack is coming back and Griese is the Bears QB, they asked him about his assignment with the Vikes to assess their QBs.
    He said he thought Jackson was more athletic than he observed.
    He also pointed out that he was not grasping the offense, which, limits the entire team in that, they simply can't execute enough plays.
    And, he pointed out that he was unsure if TJack could grasp the offense in the near future.
    Oh, and, he was concerned about his footwork too.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

"MaxVike" wrote:

Picked this up on ESPN Insider...not copying the link because it has too much non-Viking content.

Gary Horton has been a football talent evaluator for more than 30 years. He spent 10 years in the NFL and 10 years at the college level before launching a private scouting firm called "The War Room," which later became Football Scouts, Inc.
    Walt (NJ): Gary, please tell me there's hope for the Vikes. I mean, they have an above average defense, some good young talent on offense. I still think Childress can right this ship. Your thoughts?

Gary Horton: Brad Childress is a great friend of mine and there is nobody I want to succeed more, bit something is missing with this team. i think of defense they will stay sound, but I just don't know what their offensive of idenitity is. I think they may have made a mistake thinking Tarvaris Jackson was rady this early. I just do not see much a flow to this team right now. Nothing really negative, I just do not know who they are.

He does a weekly interview with Dean Dalton and some other guy, talking about Quarterback match-ups.
    This week, given TJack is coming back and Griese is the Bears QB, they asked him about his assignment with the Vikes to assess their QBs.
    He also pointed out that he was not grasping the offense, which, limits the entire team in that, they simply can't execute enough plays.
    And, he pointed out that he was unsure if TJack could grasp the offense in the near future.

I thought all of Childress' friends were already Vikings coaches?

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"singersp" wrote:
    "MaxVike" wrote:

I thought all of Childress' friends were already Vikings coaches?
    Give me a quarter and I will call all of them and ask

soonerbornNbred is offline Pro-Bowler

TJ himself says hes 90%... heck I suspect 60% of the starters on any NFL team arent 90%...From what I hear 90% is good in the NFL...so enuff excuses, hes had since week 3 to prepare for his next start " mentally" so your 90% physically...Time to rip it up

UTVikfan is offline Coordinator

How coud anyone fail in Brad's Kicka$$ Offense? Obviously its the player not the scheme. Same with the O-line and pass protect. And the recievers. They all suck, they must not be "executing".

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

[size=13pt]NFL teams, including the Minnesota Vikings, are grooming young quarterbacks[/size]

With recent drafts mainly void of top-notch quarterbacks, teams must take the time and money to develop their field leaders.

BY SEAN JENSEN
    Pioneer Press

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"cogitans" wrote:
    [size=13pt]NFL teams, including the Minnesota Vikings, are grooming young quarterbacks[/size]

With recent drafts mainly void of top-notch quarterbacks, teams must take the time and money to develop their field leaders.

BY SEAN JENSEN
    Pioneer Press
    Very nice read Cogs.

Given the struggles leaguewide, there is no template to follow, no formula to apply. The top pick in 1998, Peyton Manning started 16 games as a rookie, throwing 28 interceptions for a 3-13 team. Today he is a seven-time Pro Bowl, two-time MVP quarterback who led the Colts to the Super Bowl championship last season.

The top pick in 2002, David Carr started 16 games as a rookie, throwing 15 interceptions for a 4-12 team. This past offseason, he was dumped by the Houston Texans and signed by the Carolina Panthers as a backup.
    Now throw in the fact that most believe Lienart won't be back with the Cards next year.....

Bust or just doesn't fit the system.
    Pretty hard thing to say for a young QB who didn't get much of a chance.

Sad day indeed when these youngsters are thrown to the wolves so quick and fired just as quickly because they don't produce right away.
    :
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Given the struggles leaguewide, there is no template to follow, no formula to apply. The top pick in 1998, Peyton Manning started 16 games as a rookie, throwing 28 interceptions for a 3-13 team. Today he is a seven-time Pro Bowl, two-time MVP quarterback who led the Colts to the Super Bowl championship last season.
    Yet people want to give up on T-Jack 4 games into the season where he has only played in 2 of them.
    :

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast