Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Expectations of Chester Taylor?

Chester will be good this year but better next year, a player always needs to wear in his skills in a new team. After one year under childresse's west coast offense he will put up serious number, for right now he will split carries with moore but will work in onterrio smith over moore. So it will be like this: Based on a 25 carry game
    Taylor 13 carries
    Moore 7
    Smith 5

PurplePridesSavior is offline Training Camp

"DiehardVikesFan" wrote:
    I'll say 800 yards rushing. Remember, Mckinnie is big, but he is not that good at drive blocking, he is much better is Pass Pro. Plus, Taylor is going to be splitting carries with Moore and Fason.
    I don't see Moore getting more then a 100 carries if that, and fason will be short yardage back if he shows improvement from last year, otherwise richardson will probably handle the 3 and 1's and goaline situations

PurplePridesSavior is offline Training Camp

I'd really prefer Onterrio Smith to start if he didn't have drug problems and so many off the field issues. Hes got the talent and the ability to be a feature back, just not sure if hes disciplined enough. Plus also once he's reinstated I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't realesed because Childress and Wilf are really trying to emphasize character with the players they bring in.

Benet is offline Star Spokesman

"PurplePridesSavior" wrote:
    I'd really prefer Onterrio Smith to start if he didn't have drug problems and so many off the field issues. Hes got the talent and the ability to be a feature back, just not sure if hes disciplined enough. Plus also once he's reinstated I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't realesed because Childress and Wilf are really trying to emphasize character with the players they bring in.
    Onterrio Smith To Return?

Zygi is open-minded towards Onterrio returning..

But to get back to the point; if by expectations we mean individual statistics, I've love to see Chester get 350 carries, 1500 yards and 15 TD's. That's a 4.2 yards-per-carry average and a TD every 23.3 carries. If his catching-out-of-the-backfield is as good as I hear, then I'd love to see him add 40 catches for 400 yards and another 5 TD's. I'd love to see breakthrough year that gets Chester mentioned as a potential Pro-Bowler purely because that kind of individual success is usually directly related to team success. Look at the 2005 Pro-Bowl NFC Running Backs:

Shaun Alexander.
    Tiki Barber.
    Warrick Dunn.

The Seahawks, obviously, were the second most successful team in the NFL last year. The Giants had 11 regular-season wins and went to the playoffs, although they lost to the Panthers in their only post-season appearance. The Falcons.. Well.. There has to be one team that screws with my theory. I blame the poor Quaterback play. :grin:

And here's the 2005 Pro-Bowl AFC Running Backs:

LaDainian Tomlinson.
    Edgerrin James.
    Larry Johnson.

The Colts went deep into the post-season, and the Chargers and Chiefs were both very close to post-season play but only just missed out.

[size=18px]HOWEVER[/size]

To be honest, I'm not that concerned about his statistics. If his presence helps the Vikes get 11 wins this season he could only get 3 yards-per-carry and 10 catches throughout the season for all I care.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

"Benet" wrote:
    "PurplePridesSavior" wrote:
    Onterrio Smith To Return?

Zygi is open-minded towards Onterrio returning..

But to get back to the point; if by expectations we mean individual statistics, I've love to see Chester get 350 carries, 1500 yards and 15 TD's. That's a 4.2 yards-per-carry average and a TD every 23.3 carries. If his catching-out-of-the-backfield is as good as I hear, then I'd love to see him add 40 catches for 400 yards and another 5 TD's. I'd love to see breakthrough year that gets Chester mentioned as a potential Pro-Bowler purely because that kind of individual success is usually directly related to team success. Look at the 2005 Pro-Bowl NFC Running Backs:

Shaun Alexander.
    Tiki Barber.
    Warrick Dunn.

The Seahawks, obviously, were the second most successful team in the NFL last year. The Giants had 11 regular-season wins and went to the playoffs, although they lost to the Panthers in their only post-season appearance. The Falcons.. Well.. There has to be one team that screws with my theory. I blame the poor Quaterback play. :grin:

And here's the 2005 Pro-Bowl AFC Running Backs:

LaDainian Tomlinson.
    Edgerrin James.
    Larry Johnson.

The Colts went deep into the post-season, and the Chargers and Chiefs were both very close to post-season play but only just missed out.

[size=18px]HOWEVER[/size]

To be honest, I'm not that concerned about his statistics. If his presence helps the Vikes get 11 wins this season he could only get 3 yards-per-carry and 10 catches throughout the season for all I care.

Onterrio Smith to be Released

I posted this awhile back, hope it helps..

As far as the question goes, Chester Taylor will for sure be our starter next season.. He is exactly what Childress was looking for in this new system. He can run between the tackles, catch and run, and is a good blocker if need be. He also has low miles on him with him being a backup.

vikeswin2005 is offline Hall of Famer

1100 yds rushing
    8 rushing td's
    400 yds receiving
    3 receiving td's

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Easily 1,000 yards on the ground, and I think 500 receiving the ball is definately possible as well. He's a heck of a player.

Benet is offline Star Spokesman

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    Onterrio Smith to be Released

I posted this awhile back, hope it helps..

As far as the question goes, Chester Taylor will for sure be our starter next season.. He is exactly what Childress was looking for in this new system. He can run between the tackles, catch and run, and is a good blocker if need be. He also has low miles on him with him being a backup.
    That's true, but the article I linked to (by proxy to my post in the incorrectly-spelled Ontario Smith thread) appeared as a result of comments that Zygi Wilf made yesterday.. So the current feeling is that if Smith can prove he can turn himself around, he'll be in a Vikes jersey in the Fall.

mr.woo is offline Team Alumni

hows he gonna do? hes gonna rush for 1,200 + yards and got to the probowl. yea i said it.
    woo out
    just two corn cobs shy of a bushel

ViKing24 is offline Asst. Coach

What is Chester Taylors Number

What is Chester Taylors Number I need it because I am updating the vikings roster on madden so I need to know his number. Also what is Ben Lebers number?

Formerly Viking24

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast