Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    FinNasty23 is offline Rookie

Expectations of Chester Taylor?

I am curious what you guys expect out of Chester Taylor this season...

I havent really seen much of him, however always thought he was good as a backup to Jamal. He put up some solid numbers (caught my eye in Fantasy Football too... :wink: ). Is he going to carry the load? or used in a committee with Moe and Fason? (Big fan of Fason by the way).

If he is going to carry the load... what kind of numbers do you think he will put up? Especially with the addition of Hutch and the return of Birk?

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Expectations of Chester Taylor?

starter..all down back now that we dont have moe or smith coming back..i expect pro bowl numbers running behind the oline we have put together for him
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

PurplePridesSavior is offline Training Camp

Running behind the left side of our line with McKinnie and Hutchinson blocking, birk pulling, and tony richardson leading the way anything less then 1,200 yards would be a bust. Our line has too much talent on that side, and even the right the side should be vastly improved over last year.

aceclown is offline Coach

"PurplePridesSavior" wrote:
    Running behind the left side of our line with McKinnie and Hutchinson blocking, birk pulling, and tony richardson leading the way anything less then 1,200 yards would be a bust. Our line has too much talent on that side, and even the right the side should be vastly improved over last year.
    by your standards, how is a guy we got for about 3 mil a year a bust if he gets 1100 yards?

Chuch.

alberta_vike is offline Starter

He should do pretty well with the offensive line he is runnings behind. I think that is he is healthy all season he will have 1000 - 1200 yards rushing and at least 30 receptions. Not sure about TD's as he might not be the Goal Line back. I still think Moore will see alot of action and do pretty well, especially receiving the ball.

Those are all just guesses though, most likely will end up not being right. As long as they win games, I don't care what Taylor, Moore, or anyone else does.

I'll say 800 yards rushing. Remember, Mckinnie is big, but he is not that good at drive blocking, he is much better is Pass Pro. Plus, Taylor is going to be splitting carries with Moore and Fason.

How is he at receiving out of the backfield?

EDIT: Double post... dont know how to delete it...

"aceclown" wrote:
    "PurplePridesSavior" wrote:
    by your standards, how is a guy we got for about 3 mil a year a bust if he gets 1100 yards?
    Well if he was brought in to be an everydown back he should be to just fall foward for four yards behind the left side, if he can break a tackle our two and everage near five yards a carry that should be a piece of cake. 300 carries at 5 yds is 1500, 300 at 4 is 1200. I expect him to get pretty close to three hundred carries and average some where between 4-5 yards. I think we will grind the ball alot this year, baring drastic improvements from Troy Williamsom or another wide reciever is brought in. Our passing game shoud be above average, but nothing like we have been used to in the past decade. If we are gonna go far its gonna be riding Chester Taylor and o-line.

one of his strengths is supposed to be recieving out of the backfield, which is why hes soo good for the west coast offense

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast