Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Expect new deal for Vikings' Johnson

[size=18px]Sid Hartman: Expect new deal for Vikings' Johnson[/size]

Count on owner Zygi Wilf to work out a new contract for Brad Johnson, who right now is the lowest-paid starting quarterback in the NFL.

Sid Hartman, Star Tribune
    Last update: August 10, 2006 – 12:20 AM

There has been a lot of speculation about how Vikings quarterback Brad Johnson will not get any additional money after signing a contract that will pay him $1.2 million this season, a figure he signed for last year when he was expected to be a backup to Daunte Culpepper.
    Well, anybody who doesn't believe Vikings owner Zygi Wilf isn't going to tear up Johnson's deal and give him a 2006 salary comparable to other starters doesn't know what type of person Wilf is.

A year ago during training camp, Wilf didn't have to improve the contract of Culpepper, but he did, guaranteeing him an additional $2 million in salary for 2005.

Johnson is set to be the lowest-paid starting quarterback in the NFL this season, making a salary less than many veteran backups.

Well, one thing about Johnson and his agent, they aren't going to negotiate in the media like others do.

But it wouldn't surprise me if Johnson has a new contract by the time the Vikings take the field Monday in their preseason opener against the Oakland Raiders.

Jottings

Vikings ticket boss Phil Huebner reports there are 1,000 tickets still remaining for Monday night's game against the Raiders at the Metrodome.

Sid Hartman can be heard weekdays on WCCO AM-830 at 6:40, 7:40 and 8:40 a.m. and on Podcast twice a week at www.startribune.com/sidcast. [email protected]

Full Story: Sid Hartman: Expect new deal for Vikings' Johnson

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Prophet Guest

Re: Expect new deal for Vikings' Johnson

We broke this story months ago at PP.O. Good work Sid. =Z=, for one, is due some crow when this comes to fruition.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Glad to see it may happen. He deserves it.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Good to know he'll get what he's worth.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Prophet" wrote:
    We broke this story months ago at PP.O. Good work Sid. =Z=, for one, is due some crow when this comes to fruition.
    Sid should read PP.O more often for some insight.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Turboe is offline Hall of Famer

"singersp" wrote:
    Jottings

Vikings ticket boss Phil Huebner reports there are 1,000 tickets still remaining for Monday night's game against the Raiders at the Metrodome.

This is the most important part of that story, and there is no comment. Come on local Vikes fans you cant let Randy's return not be a sell out. Does a non-sellout mean that it wouldnt be shown in MPLS like in the regular season or not? That would stink for all the locals.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Turboe" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    Jottings

This is the most important part of that story, and there is no comment. Come on local Vikes fans you cant let Randy's return not be a sell out. Does a non-sellout mean that it wouldnt be shown in MPLS like in the regular season or not? That would stink for all the locals.
    Don't worry. In another article, the ticket office said that this was right on track for a normal year. Besides, 1000 out of 68,000+ is less than 1.5%. I don't know what is considered to be a "sell out", but I am guessing that 98.5% of all seats sold by the Thursday before the game qualifies as a sell out. :grin:
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Turboe is offline Hall of Famer

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Turboe" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    Jottings

Don't worry. In another article, the ticket office said that this was right on track for a normal year. Besides, 1000 out of 68,000+ is less than 1.5%. I don't know what is considered to be a "sell out", but I am guessing that 98.5% of all seats sold by the Thursday before the game qualifies as a sell out. :grin:
    Thats good.

I might have asked you this before NoDakPaul, but you didnt go to college in SD did you?

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Nope, my alma mata is Western Illinois. Spent five long, hot years down there before I finally returned to God's country. :grin:
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

I knew eventually he would get a new contract, he deserves it.The good thing about Brad is...we could not give him a new contract, he could remain the lowest paid starting QB in the NFL, and I think he would still stay here.He wants to win, and he has the tools to win!

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast