Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Expect to hear that B-will has finally signed his tender

June 15th is the deadline for B-will to sign his tedner from us or we can signifantly reduce his contract offer. The lions have the same problem with eddie drummond and can reportedly reduce his $1.4 million contract to a little over $400,000, costing drummond $1 million. Because of this I expect williams will sign his tender soon, but what will that mean or do? I assume he will still hold out, but am not sure what he wants or expects us to do? He is unhappy we signed smoot to start, but what is sitting out gonna do to change that? He hasn't asked for a trade, so what exaclty does he want? His situation is confusing. It would make more sense if he was asking to be traded, but he hisn't, at least not yet. I did read on viking update that they expect williams to be at training camp, when it starts, which hopefully is true.

No RW and an aging kenny irvin who is coming off a serious injury, and we really need to have williams as our nickel back this year IMO.

cc21 is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Expect to hear that B-will has finally signed his tender

i agree, we need him to sign. same with chavous

Ddawg84 is offline Starter

Yeah we do need him back on the field ASAP... He needs to swallow is pride and help try to be apart of something special!

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

cough..trade em'...cough

Im sure Indy or Seattle would be willing to take one of them or bennett and a late pick for one of their unhappy but dominant RBs.

If they dont wanna play here, trade them. As much as I like Chavous, I would much rather see us trade for a RB.

Hell if we lose Chavous, we could bring in Darius.

However, there really is one thing that scares me about Brian Williams, now that R.W. is gone and we really dont have a solid nickel corner set in stone for a couple of years. And the reason i say that is if we are paying B-Will this much money to come in and play Nickel corner in the last year of his contract, and he is still holding out, there is NO WAY... we are gunna convince this guy to come back next year! It is obvious all he wants is to be a starter! I think he will come back finish out the year and then move on to a team where he can be the starter again... either that, or i think he will demand a trade.... SCARY! But i think this is the last season we have B-Will in the purple...

"Ddawg84" wrote:
    Yeah we do need him back on the field ASAP... He needs to swallow is pride and help try to be apart of something special!

I am just so d@mn confused on what he wants. If he wants to be traded, then demand to be traded. If not, then there is nothing else we can do and he should be in camp working with all these new guys we got, jelling with them. He clearly doesn't expect us to give him a new contract, since he wants to start and will get that shot as a FA next year, so either ask to be traded or get your lazy *ss in and start working with the new guys.

"Mr Anderson" wrote:
    cough..trade em'...cough

Im sure Indy or Seattle would be willing to take one of them or bennett and a late pick for one of their unhappy but dominant RBs.

If they dont wanna play here, trade them. As much as I like Chavous, I would much rather see us trade for a RB.

Hell if we lose Chavous, we could bring in Darius.

See my response in the RB situation thread, and you will see why we won't trade for alexander or james.

"Ddawg84" wrote:
    However, there really is one thing that scares me about Brian Williams, now that R.W. is gone and we really dont have a solid nickel corner set in stone for a couple of years. And the reason i say that is if we are paying B-Will this much money to come in and play Nickel corner in the last year of his contract, and he is still holding out, there is NO WAY... we are gunna convince this guy to come back next year! It is obvious all he wants is to be a starter! I think he will come back finish out the year and then move on to a team where he can be the starter again... either that, or i think he will demand a trade.... SCARY! But i think this is the last season we have B-Will in the purple...

This is why I was pissed we didn't draft justin miller in the 2nd round, when NY took nugent. Miller was a first round talent CB, who was also a great return man in college.

"muchluv4smoot" wrote:
    "Ddawg84" wrote:

I am just so d@mn confused on what he wants. If he wants to be traded, then demand to be traded. If not, then there is nothing else we can do and he should be in camp working with all these new guys we got, jelling with them. He clearly doesn't expect us to give him a new contract, since he wants to start and will get that shot as a FA next year, so either ask to be traded or get your lazy *ss in and start working with the new guys.
    Thats exactly how i am feeling... it would be a very scary situation to trade him... and it might really hurt our cap! But the guy is getting great money for a #3 corner and in the last year or his contract to not come in and join the team is NUTS... i think he was prayin to be a starter so he could have a great year in the last year of his contract so he could make some noise in FA... but he is feeling like he is gunna get screwed over in FA for next year being a nickel corner now! So if you feel that way B-Will then DEMAND A TRADE... atleast so people know what the F*ck is going on with you.... AND STOP LEAVING YOUR TEAMMATES OUT TO DRY!!!!

skogs02 is offline Starter

no kidding.I would be happy to have a very small portion of what they make and they enjoy going to work.I guess money is more imprtant to them then a super bowl

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast