Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    2012 exceeded expectation for a rebuilding year and leaves me with a lot of hope for the future. A lot of questions were answered and there are a few less holes to fill in the roster.
    I usually compile a list of players I would like to see gone or upgraded for next season, and decided to post it this year. The list is a little shorter this year than last but some on the list were also there last year.
    Webb
    Johnson
    Schwartz
    Fusco
    Henderson
    Brinkley
    Carlson
    Simpson
    Aromashado
    Sherels
    Raymond
    Jefferson

I realize we can't get rid of or upgrade all these players at the same time, but this is my list.

Please post your list and we can discuss their pros and cons.
    I agree with most of your list, but I don't know if I would get rid of all of our guards in one year.lol
    Unless of course you are looking to pick up Mr Football in 2014
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Actually, he could have played if the injury was simply bursitis. He did have elbow, (olecranon) bursitis with a little fluid in the bursa sac, but that wasn't the injury that kept him from playing.
    The limiting portion of the injury was a deep contusion to the triceps. Contusion is a fancy word for bruise. A bruise doesn't sound that bad but in this case it is significant. A blood vessel was ruptued and bled perhaps into and around the soft tissues of the triceps muscle in the back of the arm. Blood that escapes the vessels is very irritating to the surrounding tissues causing a significant inflammatory response and swelling. Blood in the soft tissues can take up to 30 days to resolve.
    Zulgad said Ponder's arm looked black and blue to the elbow. He also said that Ponder needed help to put his shirt on.

I saw Ponder trying to throw pregame at Lamblow. He could only throw about 5 yards and couldn't fully extend his elbow.
    Yes, Ponder could have played. The results wouldn't have been any different.
    Thanks for the update smegma. I hope this will get some off of Ponders back. (But I doubt it will)
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by marshallvike View Post
    I agree with most of your list, but I don't know if I would get rid of all of our guards in one year.lol
    Unless of course you are looking to pick up Mr Football in 2014
    I realize we can't get rid of or upgrade all these players at the same time, but it is a list of candidates for upgrades at the least.

I realize we can't get rid of or upgrade all these players at the same time, but it is a list of candidates for upgrades at the least.
    I like the list. I do like Webb, but we just do not seem to be able to find a good fit for him. Obviously it is not at QB. Wonder how he would be at kick return? He is damn fast and elusive.

Excited for 2013 Vikings

Schedule wasn't that hard imop
    None

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

I saw Ponder trying to throw pregame at Lamblow. He could only throw about 5 yards.....
    So what your saying is he was capable of throwing most of the passes we watched him throw this past season?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    So what your saying is he was capable of throwing most of the passes we watched him throw this past season?

I second that.

I'm excited for 2013 as well. I know emotions are running high, and we are all upset over this latest loss and how it went down, but I remain optimistic. The QB conundrum is probably our biggest issue. Is the Ponder the answer? I don't know. I lean towards "no" but can't say that for sure. We didn't get a chance to see what he could have done, at this point in his career, under the pressure of his first playoff game.

Most of us didn't think we could win more than 6 or 7 games, tops, this year. We won 10. Unless you think that was a fluke (and I know a few here do) that is most definitely progress and a reason to feel good about this latest season.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by EricTheViking View Post
    Most of us didn't think we could win more than 6 or 7 games, tops, this year. We won 10. Unless you think that was a fluke (and I know a few here do) that is most definitely progress and a reason to feel good about this latest season.
    What we predict & what we expect are two different things. Many of us predicted a poor season simply because we finished 3-13 in 2011.

What I expect out of this team is not poor play, not mediocrity, but rather a team that owns the top of the division or is right there near the top in week 17.

I expect, at no time ever, for this team to be poorly coached or poorly managed to the point where we are 3-13 or even 6-10.

We shouldn't be rebuilding. Rebuilding generally means the staff or former staff failed previously. We should be replacing decent players we lose with players that will perform decently themselves, either via the draft or FA & improving any position that we can. You don't simply cut good veterans unless you already have someone that can fill their shoes.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123