Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    He has both issues...

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    His elbow didn't look like that either. That was a pretty extreme case. I had it in my elbow about 15 years ago while during construction and worked through it swinging a hammer every day. It sucks but you can certainly work through it. Yeah, it probably hurt like hell but my god, how much did it hurt to stand on the sidelines and watch Webb implode in front of the world.

thorshammer is offline Asst. Coach
    I'm excited about this team. Young and played hard this year. Better attitude. We just need a couple more pieces. I think we're close. Skol.

30whales is offline Training Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    I'm not sure where all the love for Childs comes from on this forum other than his 1 "over the back catch" in practice, thrown by Webb none the less. We have yet to see him play in even one preseason game.

But here, one spectacular play will often propel you into instant adoration much like it did (at the time) with Simpson & his somersault catch, Greg Blue & his hard hit & Jason Carter & his TD catch.

Those however, happened in actual games regular or preseason & not on the practice field.
    The reason why I like him is because he has 1st or 2nd round talent. I am not saying he is going to be able to come back from that injury and still perform like that but the talent is there.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    I'm not sure where all the love for Childs comes from on this forum other than his 1 "over the back catch" in practice, thrown by Webb none the less. We have yet to see him play in even one preseason game.

But here, one spectacular play will often propel you into instant adoration much like it did (at the time) with Simpson & his somersault catch, Greg Blue & his hard hit & Jason Carter & his TD catch.

Those however, happened in actual games regular or preseason & not on the practice field.
    With our WR crew, hope is all we have.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by thorshammer View Post
    I'm excited about this team. Young and played hard this year. Better attitude. We just need a couple more pieces. I think we're close. Skol.
    They have been "close" many of times and have failed each and every time they were in those situations. Sorry, but I am convinced that the Vikings are cursed, and will never win a SB in my lifetime, and I am only 34.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Looking thru some mock drafts, no one has more than 1 receiver going before us in the draft. There may not be many teams looking at wideouts which will benefit us greatly in this draft. I hate taking WRs in the first round unless the rest of the team is filled out but this year I think it is by far our biggest weakness.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer
    I would like to see us work out a contract with Harvin and also add a wr during free agency. Then use the draft to grab a middle linebacker, defensive tackle, wideout and cornerback in whatever order fit.

I am already excited for 2013 and the offseason.

smegmavike is offline Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    Do you know what Elbow Bursitis is? I'd like to see you try throwing accurately when you have inflammation of the Bursa, and a sac full of fluid. Can look like this:

Do you think toughing it out would be a good idea?
    Actually, he could have played if the injury was simply bursitis. He did have elbow, (olecranon) bursitis with a little fluid in the bursa sac, but that wasn't the injury that kept him from playing.
    The limiting portion of the injury was a deep contusion to the triceps. Contusion is a fancy word for bruise. A bruise doesn't sound that bad but in this case it is significant. A blood vessel was ruptued and bled perhaps into and around the soft tissues of the triceps muscle in the back of the arm. Blood that escapes the vessels is very irritating to the surrounding tissues causing a significant inflammatory response and swelling. Blood in the soft tissues can take up to 30 days to resolve.
    Zulgad said Ponder's arm looked black and blue to the elbow. He also said that Ponder needed help to put his shirt on.

I saw Ponder trying to throw pregame at Lamblow. He could only throw about 5 yards and couldn't fully extend his elbow.
    Yes, Ponder could have played. The results wouldn't have been any different.

smegmavike is offline Coach
    2012 exceeded expectation for a rebuilding year and leaves me with a lot of hope for the future. A lot of questions were answered and there are a few less holes to fill in the roster.
    I usually compile a list of players I would like to see gone or upgraded for next season, and decided to post it this year. The list is a little shorter this year than last but some on the list were also there last year.
    Webb
    Johnson
    Schwartz
    Fusco
    Henderson
    Brinkley
    Carlson
    Simpson
    Aromashado
    Sherels
    Raymond
    Jefferson

I realize we can't get rid of or upgrade all these players at the same time, but this is my list.

Please post your list and we can discuss their pros and cons.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast