Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    purple pain is offline Waterboy

Excited for 2013 Vikings

I for one would like to congratulate the Vikings on a great season. 10-6, who would've thunk. If we make the right moves in the off season I think would could make a good run in 2013. Get Bowe in FA, draft a run stopping DT in the first round. OL in the 2nd & DB help in the 3rd. Then draft BPA after that. If Ponder continues to improve plus we get Percy back, AP will be looking for 2500 yards, Rudolph will be ready to be the beast we expect & J Wright looks like a keeper. Here's to a great season for us fans & excited for the draft & next season.

SharperImage is offline Hall of Famer
    Ponder showed me he isnt tough He pulled a big pussy move by not playing.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Can't say that I share your optimism. This team was extremely lucky to be a 10 win team, extremely lucky. For a lot of the season, they looked just like the 3 win team of a year ago. Still baffles me that they won 10 games this year, but their schedule is tougher next year.

Getting some high profile WR's in here would be great, but what good are they when your QB can't get them the ball? This team despite winning 10 games this year, is simply not a good team, and they proved that tonight. So yeah, I guess congrats on the "10" wins, but it means nothing when you play 1 more game then the worse team in the league. So I guess we should congratulate them every year when they have a winning record even though they have never won a SB, and by the looks of it never will? I would love to share your optimism man, but I as well as a lot of fans have been let down time and time again, and quite simply, just sick of it.

30whales is offline Training Camp
    I mean how can you not be excited about this team? They were one of the youngest teams in the league and won 10 games. I do agree that I would think if Ponder is truly a franchise QB that he would grow a pair and fight through the pain and play this game. But hey maybe he thought a healthy Webb would be better for the team than an injured Ponder.

I would love to think that Percy is coming back but I really do not see that happening. The only WR I am optimistic about is Jarius Wright and I am hopeful somehow Greg Childs can make a comeback but other than that we have nothing.

I don't know if we will be 10-6 again next season but I do expect a .500 team.

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    I'm extremely excited for 2013! I have full confidence in Ponder, or at least will lend him my support for another year, especially if we can get him some weapons. If we can sign Jennings and Bowe/Wallace then draft a WR like Robert Woods or Keenan Allen I'll be completely pumped for this upcoming year.

We have some holes, like every team, but they aren't too hard to overcome. I like our coaching staff, even Musgrave has started to grow on me. If we can convince Percy to stay here and add some pieces that I mentioned at the WR position we will be in for a crazy year next year. If he wants to move on then we trade him and use that pick to add to our defense or WRs.

This draft we definitely need to address CB, DT, LB, and WR. If we can get a starter or two in there somewhere and then add one or two FA's, we'll be set for awhile. I really like what Spielman has done in his FIRST year as the actual GM and I look forward to the draft and FA period.

Here is a list of UFA WRs for this year KFFL - 2013 NFL Free Agents and there are definitely some intriguing names. Aside from Wallace and Bowe, there is Donnie Avery, Amendola, Collie, Jennings, Edelman, and Cruz (although he's almost guaranteed to resign with the Giants). Anyways, it's been a fun year guys, now let's all be 49er fans for a week!
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    Not to burst any bubbles but it could all go south next year just as easily, ask the Lions haha. They went from a 10-6 playoff team last year to 4-12 this year with virtually the same roster and coaching staff and had no significant injuries. But they are the Lions so things like that should be expected.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SharperImage View Post
    Ponder showed me he isnt tough He pulled a big pussy move by not playing.
    Do you know what Elbow Bursitis is? I'd like to see you try throwing accurately when you have inflammation of the Bursa, and a sac full of fluid. Can look like this:

Do you think toughing it out would be a good idea?

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by 30whales View Post
    I would love to think that Percy is coming back but I really do not see that happening. The only WR I am optimistic about is Jarius Wright and I am hopeful somehow Greg Childs can make a comeback but other than that we have nothing.
    I'm not sure where all the love for Childs comes from on this forum other than his 1 "over the back catch" in practice, thrown by Webb none the less. We have yet to see him play in even one preseason game.

But here, one spectacular play will often propel you into instant adoration much like it did (at the time) with Simpson & his somersault catch, Greg Blue & his hard hit & Jason Carter & his TD catch.

Those however, happened in actual games regular or preseason & not on the practice field.
    Last edited by singersp; 01-06-2013 at 09:30 AM.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 12purplepride28 View Post
    Here is a list of UFA WRs for this year KFFL - 2013 NFL Free Agents and there are definitely some intriguing names. Aside from Wallace and Bowe, there is Donnie Avery, Amendola, Collie, Jennings, Edelman, and Cruz (although he's almost guaranteed to resign with the Giants).
    Hmm... Mewelde Moore is a FA...

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    Do you know what Elbow Bursitis is? I'd like to see you try throwing accurately when you have inflammation of the Bursa, and a sac full of fluid. Can look like this:

Do you think toughing it out would be a good idea?
    How does a tricep bruise develop into bursitis?

Minnesota Vikings starting quarterback Christian Ponder was inactive for the team's NFC wild-card game against the Green Bay Packers on Saturday night with what he later called a deep tricep bruise.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast