Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    The problem isn't the core talent, it is the depth of talent on the roster my friend. We have been getting dominant play from a few of our superstars and that has given the team a boost. But eventually too many teams have found spots in the roster that are vulnerable and they have taken advantage of those weaknesses and we cannot stop it.

The good thing is we have been very healthy this year with no significant losses on the roster to speak of. If we lose 3 or so key players we in no way have the depth to pull up a guy and maintain even what we have. Injuries are going to determine how we finish the season. If we stay healthy and other divisional teams have key injuries anything can happen. If we get beat up with injuries then we are dead in the water.
    I will almost agree with you and only when we talk about depth at the DT position, but I won't be as harsh on the DT's as I was going into the season if they continue to play like they did (finally) against the Cards.

Not sure were else you could find a hole in our depth.....

DE's. I really like what we can do with Griff and Ballard.
    OL. Don't rotate so I'm not sure how they can be exploited.
    TE's. I think we have the best group of TE's in the league with one exception (Pats).
    DB's. As I've said ALOT on here. These guys are fine and continue to play well. If/when the DL can get pressure they will get turnovers, just as they did in the Cards game.
    WR's. Hard to tell at this point cause we don't have a QB that can consistently throw them the ball, but I still think this group is more than sufficient to run the scheme that Musgrove wants to do. Only ones who would disagree with that are the ones looking for deep passes every other throw.
    RB's. Toby, Book, even add Percy in there. No problem.

Seriously, help me out here. I don't understand what your concerns are. Only real exploitation I've seen this year is when we used LB'rs (multiple) and DB's to help our DL get pressure. Teams exploited the gaps left by those players in the zones as they rushed.

To me thats a talent issue on the DL, that again, might have been solved by the return of Kevin and the increased use of Everson and Ballard in the middle as well.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    I will almost agree with you and only when we talk about depth at the DT position, but I won't be as harsh on the DT's as I was going into the season if they continue to play like they did (finally) against the Cards.

Not sure were else you could find a hole in our depth.....

DE's. I really like what we can do with Griff and Ballard.
    OL. Don't rotate so I'm not sure how they can be exploited.
    TE's. I think we have the best group of TE's in the league with one exception (Pats).
    DB's. As I've said ALOT on here. These guys are fine and continue to play well. If/when the DL can get pressure they will get turnovers, just as they did in the Cards game.
    WR's. Hard to tell at this point cause we don't have a QB that can consistently throw them the ball, but I still think this group is more than sufficient to run the scheme that Musgrove wants to do. Only ones who would disagree with that are the ones looking for deep passes every other throw.
    RB's. Toby, Book, even add Percy in there. No problem.

Seriously, help me out here. I don't understand what your concerns are. Only real exploitation I've seen this year is when we used LB'rs (multiple) and DB's to help our DL get pressure. Teams exploited the gaps left by those players in the zones as they rushed.

To me thats a talent issue on the DL, that again, might have been solved by the return of Kevin and the increased use of Everson and Ballard in the middle as well.
    Marty Marty Marty.

After the TE position we are deeper at DT than any other position on the field. You really need to learn to let go of your bias and look at things as they really are and not how you have convinced yourself they are.

We are deeper on the defensive line than we are at the following units:

Secondary
    LB
    OL
    RB
    WR

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Marty Marty Marty.

After the TE position we are deeper at DT than any other position on the field. You really need to learn to let go of your bias and look at things as they really are and not how you have convinced yourself they are.

We are deeper on the defensive line than we are at the following units:

Secondary
    LB
    OL
    RB
    WR
    My opinion on depth at DT is related to what scheme we might or might not be running. If its still the C2, we don't have a 0 tech other than Remi (if you really count him). If we aren't running a C2, then yes, we have a glut of 3 tech's.

That has nothing to do with being biased. It has everything to do with wondering what the hell Leslie is doing.

On a side note, you didn't answer my question. You just basically listed every position except RB. How will that help convince me that our secondary needs help, especially after we saw them look great this weekend when the DL popped their heads out of their asses.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    . How will that help convince me that our secondary needs help, especially after we saw them look great this weekend when the DL popped their heads out of their asses.
    It won't and to be honest with you if the entire secondary showed up in the comm closet and said it directly to you my guess is you would take the opportunity to show them a spreadsheet and tell them they were wrong.

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    I struck Uffda from all spreadsheets of importance.
    Quick question, do you have any spreadsheets with smegma on them?

"It has everything to do with wondering what the hell Leslie is doing."

Leslie decided to give up a little run stopping capability at the DT spot to gain a little more pass rush/penetration in the middle.For one thing, guys that play the 0 technique well are hard to find.

Leslie is rebuilding this team and going a different direction. I really like Griffen next to KW with the rotation of Ballard and Guion.

We have our depth has been thin for awhile, something I blame on Spielman for wasting draft picks and over paying free agents.

But I like what I'm seeing out of the following young players.
    Cook
    Griffen
    Abdullah
    Rudolph
    Asher Allen (didn't think much of him last year but he has improved this year)
    Ballard
    Toby
    Booker
    Harvin ( always thought he was great but he has become a very good blocker this year)
    Erin (had a rough start but seems to be improving a bit)
    Loadholt ( had a bad season last year but is a little better this year)
    Jenkins (has a definate role as a sure handed tall posession receiver on this team).

So we need a better QB and this team has the capacity to improve even more.

At 1-4 people may not see it, but this team is learning and improving and will continue to get better as the coaching staff also learns and improves.

It's a rebuild. Takes a little time.
    Last edited by smegmavike; 10-13-2011 at 10:52 AM.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    LOL, you crack me up. Remind me about your thoughts on Bevell.......
    Do I have thoughts on Bevell? I don't remember saying much about him... but I think he's living off Favre's legacy wherever he goes and is a mediocre offensive coordinator AT BEST. I'm sure I was calling for him to be fired more than once though.

I'm much more mature now though.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    The Vikings are 13th in sacks allowed and (other than DET) haven't even faced a top DL yet...its probably going to get worse! You throw Ponder in there and he will get beat up, beat down, and turn the ball over 2-3 times more than McNabb has so far. As inaccurate as McNabb has been, I don't want Ponder's career to start now behind this line with these WRs and no offseason to learn the scheme.

Webb is one hell of an athlete and showed the ability to be a good game manager on the road vs. the Eagles last year. I'd like to see him start getting 5-10 plays a game as a sort of "Wildcat" QB...lets call it our "Berserker Package!" SKOL!!!!!!

Seriously tho, don't you just love the idea of him running the option with AP? Send Harvin and Aromashodu deep to draw the CBs and hopefully a S...if they pile up for AP, Webb cuts inside for at least a few yards and if he breaks loose, has the speed to take it all the way home! Most of the time, he just hands it off to AP, keeping our focus on our running game.

no? What do ya think???
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234