Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Good stuff my friend. You keep bringing stuff like this and you will quickly climb all the spreadsheets of importance.
    Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    I'm not reluctant to run Ponder out there. In fact I expect it to happen after the bye.
    I just feel we will never know if Webb could have been a great QB or not, once Ponder gets his start.
    Regardless of who starts, Webb will get a chance if he has the talent. Might not be here but he will get a chance.

Will Webb be a great receiver? Doubtful.
    I think he would make a damn fine one especially if he can get the WCO route tree down and can figure out how to adjust his stems based on what the defense is showing.

BTW, I know how player aquisition works. If you think Frazier wasn't involved in the decision to take Ponder along with Spielman, you didn't see Fraziers reaction in the draft room when he was picked.

I know the VP of player personel is responsible, but it is utterly irresponsible to aquire a player without consulting the coaching staff. Let's call it a kind of a triad of authority type thing.
    A collaboration as it were.
    I never said Leslie wasn't involved. What you got was my canned response to a poster who says the HC drafted someone.

Know that I know you understand the process (especially how our Triadthingamajib works) we can have more in depth discussions.

Another quick question.......Do you do mock drafts?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Free Head Exam: Minnesota Vikings - NFC North Blog - ESPN

I think its important not to lose site of a few things........

1. Leslie said repeatedly he was ready to go into the season with Ponder and Webb. Something made him change his mind.

2. The staff pursued Orton then Thygpen before they went after Dnabb. I wonder why?

As I was with TJ and the Chiller, I'm not ready to lay all the blame for our QB woes on Leslie (yet). This is something that a organization does as a whole, not just the HC but what I am will to lay at his feet is his decision to keep going with Dnabb when all signs point to the fact that the guy just doesn't have it anymore.

I for one relented and got kindof excited to have him here. The two guys who helped sway me to that way of thinking are strangley absent from the site of late. I wonder why?
    One other thing, since you keep bringing it up and seem to base a lot of your opinions on it.

My memory tells me that Frazier wanted McNabb from the beginning. Yes the staff may have entertained other guys like Orton, Thigpen and even Hasselback, but I think Frazier was always locked on to McNabb. The statement where Frazier said he was ready to start the season with Webb or Ponder was just that, a statement. One that was made when his choices included Webb, Ponder and Bhomar. When McNabb became a real option for him, he was brought in to be a starter. I doubt Frazier's opinion of Webb and Ponder ever changed from the time of his statement to the signing of McNabb.

If McNabb goes down to injury (god forbid), I'm sure Leslie will have the same statement...We are prepared to go with Webb or Ponder as our starter, that is why they are on the team.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    To be clear.....I didn't write this and do not believe that Webb should start before Ponder. If Ponder isn't going to be the future we need to find out now and not later.

Even if running him out there means we watch some ugly football, the coaches should be able to figure out if he has any sort of future. By drafting Ponder at 12, its my guess that they already know that about Webb.
    Problem is we wont find out now. If Ponder goes in and struggles it will be because he's a rookie on a bad team. He'll still be our supposed QB of the future next year.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Because Joe Webb is better right now. I've been saying this since week 1.

Someday people will learn to listen to what I'm saying, rather than arguing that Childress is a good coach or spending $20M+ on Favre was a good idea for the team.

Someday.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    Good stuff my friend. You keep bringing stuff like this and you will quickly climb all the spreadsheets of importance.

Another quick question.......Do you do mock drafts?
    Calm yourself Marrdro, you'll scare him away.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    Because Joe Webb is better right now. I've been saying this since week 1.

Someday people will learn to listen to what I'm saying, rather than arguing that Childress is a good coach or spending $20M+ on Favre was a good idea for the team.

Someday.
    I seem to remember you attacking me when I first joined the site for criticizing childress.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Quote Originally Posted by 12purplepride28 View Post
    I seem to remember you attacking me when I first joined the site for criticizing childress.
    Haha... not saying it's not true, but I'd love to read that.

Caine and myself had to be the biggest Childress haters on the site. I'm the one who copyrighted "Fire Childress." No joke.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    I know the VP of player personel is responsible, but it is utterly irresponsible to aquire a player without consulting the coaching staff. Let's call it a kind of a triad of authority type thing.
    A collaboration as it were.
    trust me, don't go into who does what with marrdro. He likes to think he is the authority of behind the scenes football knowledge.

We've gone down that road many times before.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    Haha... not saying it's not true, but I'd love to read that.

Caine and myself had to be the biggest Childress haters on the site. I'm the one who copyrighted "Fire Childress." No joke.
    That one guy UffDaVikes was out in front of both of you. Too bad he isn't around any more.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    That one guy UffDaVikes was out in front of both of you. Too bad he isn't around any more.
    that guy was a joker.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast